What's in your toolbag?

sweet victory
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Re: What's in your toolbag?

Post by sweet victory » Sun May 27, 2018 1:44 am

I don’t buy anything from them that could hurt me if it breaks. A thread on journal garage said they were awesome, so it was definitely worth a try

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun May 27, 2018 7:37 am

That does appear to throw a significant amount of light. The magnet in the base seems to work well which is a nice touch.
Never gonna make you cry...

sweet victory

Post by sweet victory » Wed May 30, 2018 4:01 pm

Just to see if I can get more tool talk going on here...

My current favorite ratchet. I have an FLLF80 on the way with the new flex head. Excited to see which I'll like more.

KoB
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by KoB » Wed May 30, 2018 5:36 pm

Like some previous posters, I always seem to end up reaching for the M12 cordless ratchet. I may actually buy another of the damn things just because it’s always in the garage when I need it in the basement, or vice versa. With a set of hex and Torx bits, it’s a time saver.

I have a lot of 18 volt Dewalt tools, but lately I’ve been using the M12 stuff for anything that doesn’t require serious torque. They’re smaller and lighter, yet still fit my XXL hands. There are a few tools, like the oscillating tool, where there just isn’t enough torque ... the oscillating tool is a decent detail sander but sucks for flush cutting. Similarly, I can’t imagine that the M12 recip saw has much oomph. But the drills and drivers are first-rate for basic household jobs.

The back of my MDX (the Cargo Vessel) has a bag with the M12 spotlight, M12 cordless vac, a few batteries, and the USB charger. Turns out that the M12 vacuum is the Gateway Drug of power tools ... once Mrs. KoB saw how clean the MDX is, she decided this M12 stuff might be OK after all.
2000 Cabriolet-vertible, Paladio Pearl (Mirage) Metallic
1986 944, Zermatt Silver, AKA Der HooptieWagen

EPiK
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by EPiK » Wed May 30, 2018 10:39 pm

my favorite ratchet has always been a Craftsman, angled swivel head 3/8" drive. It will fit in anywhere.

As far as the tool bag.. literally in the tool bag in the frunk I added the 7mm allen wrench that I used to lock the crank in place..just because.
1999 Carrera 2, factory ordered LSD, GT3 wannabe and daily driver
1988 944 NA/AT to MT/Turbo project.. future Outlaw
2003 G35 coupe 6mt GT35RS.. other daily driver
2013 Durango R/T package with a 6er

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:58 am

One of my other favorite ratchets is my 3/8" drive telescoping handle ratchet. It's normally the length of a standard ratchet, but it has a cheater bar built-in.

In addition to having the telescoping handle, you can also lock the ratchet head at any angle. It works well for those "well, how the f**k am I supposed to get a socket over THAT bolt?" situations...

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

sweet victory

Post by sweet victory » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:12 pm

Not sure if you guys have heard of Nepros, but they're a Japanese tool company. (They also source all of their material from Japan) My friend has their stubby ratchets, and they are absolutely flawless. I just went through their online catalog, and produced gentlemen's relish several times. Dare I say it...I like them more than my Snap On ratchets. Reason being is the button for the quick release is flush on the Nepros, where as it protrudes quiet a bit on the Strap Ons. Since I'm used to Snap On prices...these tools are very affordable...

Click at your own risk...https://www.nepros.net/?page=Home

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Post by FRUNKenstein » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:05 pm

sweet victory wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:12 pm Not sure if you guys have heard of Nepros, but they're a Japanese tool company. (They also source all of their material from Japan) My friend has their stubby ratchets, and they are absolutely flawless. I just went through their online catalog, and produced gentlemen's relish several times. Dare I say it...I like them more than my Snap On ratchets. Reason being is the button for the quick release is flush on the Nepros, where as it protrudes quiet a bit on the Strap Ons. Since I'm used to Snap On prices...these tools are very affordable...

PSA - don't Google "gentleman's relish" (at least don't read the results that don't relate to anchovies).
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:51 am

Or spacedocking. Neither definition, although I find the scatological version especially off-putting.
kcattorney wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:05 pm
sweet victory wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:12 pm Not sure if you guys have heard of Nepros, but they're a Japanese tool company. (They also source all of their material from Japan) My friend has their stubby ratchets, and they are absolutely flawless. I just went through their online catalog, and produced gentlemen's relish several times. Dare I say it...I like them more than my Snap On ratchets. Reason being is the button for the quick release is flush on the Nepros, where as it protrudes quiet a bit on the Strap Ons. Since I'm used to Snap On prices...these tools are very affordable...

PSA - don't Google "gentleman's relish" (at least don't read the results that don't relate to anchovies).

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:40 am

sweet victory wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:12 pm Not sure if you guys have heard of Nepros, but they're a Japanese tool company.
Never heard of this brand but I'm liking what I'm seeing. Thanks for sharing!
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic