20 part video series on assembling a M9X engine

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

20 part video series on assembling a M9X engine

Post by B3DAWG » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:15 pm

Hey guys!

I hope you'll consider spreading the word. This has been one of the biggest projects I've been apart of in my 25+ years in media production. I've spent the last 6 months in editing alone. But it's been an amazing experience watching the virtuoso at work. I've learned a lot and I'm sure you would too. This is not just for people looking to rebuild their M9X engines, but enthusiasts that want to get up close view of the internals, learn how it's all connected, and to better understand M96/M97 limitations while being guided by one of the best Porsche engine builders on the planet.

The series is going through the final stage of editing and will be ready for replication and encoding to Amazon Prime in two weeks. It's our hope the series will be ready for view at Christmas time. Please share. Thank you all!

Last edited by B3DAWG on Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Re: 20 part video series on assembling a M9X engine

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:25 pm

This is just the kind of stuff I watch voluntarily. I'm a sick man.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:39 pm

I so want to watch it, but as I'm never going to contemplate building an engine I'm guess that the price for the entire series will be more than my "aww fvck it!" limit for something like this :(

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by B3DAWG » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:49 pm

gnat wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:39 pm I so want to watch it, but as I'm never going to contemplate building an engine I'm guess that the price for the entire series will be more than my "aww fvck it!" limit for something like this :(
Jake is still in negotiation with several retailers that have expressed interests in selling the DVD box sets. I would imagine the cost would be equivalent to the online class fee of $400. As mentioned before, there are 20 videos in the series and I would imagine the price would be around $20.00 - $25.00 each if purchased individually. He is also planning to group some (e.g. camshaft timing) into bundle packages. At the moment, there won't be a rental option. There is talk to write a workbook/guide to be bundled along side the Torque book, but that's another big ball of wax for Raby. I'll let him handle that.

Gnat, I know this is a lot more than what you paid for your Teletubbies and Barney the dinosaur videos, but we just can't compete with the big studios. :lol: