2nd Amendment Gear

sweet victory
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Re: 2nd Amendment Gear

Post by sweet victory » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:50 am

The XD is a comfortable firearm. This is my first full frame Glock; it still fits my hands well and I "line up" with the finger grooves. I've only had compact frame Glocks, and the difference in weight is definitely noticeable. My previous nightstand gun was the Glock 32.

gorogergo

Post by gorogergo » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:46 am

Just stumbled across this thread.
I've shot a lot of interesting things over the years, largely thanks to Uncle Sam, but I love big-bore revolvers. The bottom is my EDC, the top is possibly my favorite thing I've ever shot. Personally, I get as much thrill from the 460 as I did from an M2 or Mk19. Ammo's cheaper, too.
2001 Carrera Cabriolet

JohnIreland

Post by JohnIreland » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:05 pm

I do love the 1911 .45. I have two compact models...a Kimber Ultra Carry II, which is alloy frame with steel slide, holds 7+1, three dot night sights, very nice to shoot and with its 3" barrel is perfect for tucking in my waist band (no holster) on the rare occasion that I feel a desire to carry. The other is a 3.5" barrel Rock Island Armory Compact. A heavier full steel frame and the classic (almost impossible to see) GI sights, it is the gun you can pound nails with...and the heavier weight makes it better on the range. Both have the beaver tail to prevent hammer bite. And both are fun to shoot. My own skills, if not always lethally accurate, will be close enough to change their direction and attitude. My back up is a 1944 M1 Carbine. Like the .45s, a simple basic machine.
g6.jpg
g6.jpg (238.32 KiB) Viewed 2620 times
g4.jpg
g4.jpg (231.02 KiB) Viewed 2620 times
M1 5.jpg
M1 5.jpg (276.73 KiB) Viewed 2620 times
M1 6.jpg
M1 6.jpg (285.4 KiB) Viewed 2620 times

Kalashnikov

Post by Kalashnikov » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:25 am

Slinging lead bright and early today.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200827-102423.png

JohnIreland

Re: 2nd Amendment Gear FYI

Post by JohnIreland » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:41 am

An interesting way of viewing California. Yes a Marxist state...but based on gun friendliness, look how small an area the Marxists control.
CACCWCounties.jpg
CACCWCounties.jpg (388.08 KiB) Viewed 2577 times

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:04 am

Johnny, this isn't the appropriate place for political discussion. Please just keep it to the weapons and enjoyment thereof here.

JohnIreland

Post by JohnIreland » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:32 pm

Sorry...I was thinking of how there are parts of California that really are Second Amendment friendly, at a time when many
people don't think so. The "Marxist" remark was meant as a humorous aside. I'll be more thoughtful next time. Thanks for
the heads up. it is an interesting map...and one (of many) reasons I'm moving to out of LA and into Ventura. And it seems
I'll have several good indie Porsche shops to chose from.

Kalashnikov

Post by Kalashnikov » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:40 pm

JI, if you don't like heat consider Flagstaff or Sedona. Flagstaff was competing with Hollywood for movie capital of the world, and lost, which I think is for the best.

Flagstaff is beautiful and you have beautiful Porsche roads in 89a and 180(or 189 from Flag towards Grand Canyon) . If you never drove 89a, you are missing out.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:29 pm

best-selling author, occasional Gitmo AirBNB guest, and internationally-renowned automotive fashion consultant John Ireland wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:32 pm Sorry...I was thinking of how there are parts of California that really are Second Amendment friendly, at a time when many
people don't think so. The "Marxist" remark was meant as a humorous aside. I'll be more thoughtful next time. Thanks for
the heads up. it is an interesting map...and one (of many) reasons I'm moving to out of LA and into Ventura. And it seems
I'll have several good indie Porsche shops to chose from.
If you had left the Marxist remark out I probably wouldn't have said anything even though the political connotations are clear. I also figured that you were being humorous with the comment which is why I left the post unmodified.

I see no real harm with your post, firearms are unfortunately a touchy subject though so I just wanted to nip any potential political arguments in the bud (we've had some discussion around the politics in the WTF is wrong with people thread).

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:16 pm

Nice collection, Magnum P. Irish!
best-selling author, occasional Gitmo AirBNB guest, and internationally-renowned automotive fashion consultant John Ireland wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:05 pm I do love the 1911 .45. I have two compact models...a Kimber Ultra Carry II, which is alloy frame with steel slide, holds 7+1, three dot night sights, very nice to shoot and with its 3" barrel is perfect for tucking in my waist band (no holster) on the rare occasion that I feel a desire to carry. The other is a 3.5" barrel Rock Island Armory Compact. A heavier full steel frame and the classic (almost impossible to see) GI sights, it is the gun you can pound nails with...and the heavier weight makes it better on the range. Both have the beaver tail to prevent hammer bite. And both are fun to shoot. My own skills, if not always lethally accurate, will be close enough to change their direction and attitude. My back up is a 1944 M1 Carbine. Like the .45s, a simple basic machine.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.