New Large Truck

Battery Guy

New Large Truck

Post by Battery Guy » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:46 pm

Needed a vehicle to get back and forth frequently to Cincinnati that we could also use occasionally in the business. Bought a new GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab diesel. Damn this is a nice truck. Like driving a Suburban with a big trunk. Thing is huge, but easy to drive. All kinds of power with the new diesel. 3.0 liter inline six with all the new high-tech stuff so the exhaust is cleaner than unicorn farts. Hit 31 mpg on trip, been averaging over 25 mpg so happy with that. Amazing how smooth and quiet these new trucks are - now I know why they are so popular. The $6,000 rebate did not hurt.
Still drive the 911 when I’m home...
Daryll
1999 Porsche 996 Cabrio
Black/Black/Black
No Options!! (How did that happen??)

02TX996Cab
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Re: New Large Truck

Post by 02TX996Cab » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:40 am

Fully agree -- new full-size trucks offer practicality, luxury (to a point) and if driven prudently can even be reasonably economical.

We picked up a 2019 Ford F-150 with the base 2.7L Ecoboost (turbo) about a year ago. 400+ ft-lbs of torque, 24-25 mpg on the highway, full leather, all of the useful electronic gizmos, SEAT COOLING (essential in Texas summers). It's the quietest cabin, by far, of the four vehicles in our stable. My wife's made the truck her own, and loves it. She generously lets me have the 2005 Focus as my daily driver.
Proud owner of a Flat6-powered 2002 996 Cab, 2016 GT4, 2019 Ford F-150 "Country Cadillac", and 2005 Ford Focus (not so hot hatch) daily driver. And a Wright ZTO 52" to keep several acres of grass-like substance neat and tidy!

Battery Guy

Re: New Large Truck

Post by Battery Guy » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:26 pm

02TX996Cab wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:40 am Fully agree -- new full-size trucks offer practicality, luxury (to a point) and if driven prudently can even be reasonably economical.

We picked up a 2019 Ford F-150 with the base 2.7L Ecoboost (turbo) about a year ago. 400+ ft-lbs of torque, 24-25 mpg on the highway, full leather, all of the useful electronic gizmos, SEAT COOLING (essential in Texas summers). It's the quietest cabin, by far, of the four vehicles in our stable. My wife's made the truck her own, and loves it. She generously lets me have the 2005 Focus as my daily driver.
Yes - I’m amazed how quiet this is at 80 mph. Have not tried the seat cooling but the heated wheel and seats are nice in the morning - Ohio has been cooler than normal this month. The truck will likely be used as the road trip machine instead of our BMW 335i GT.

Laughing about the Focus - one reason I bought this was that I had been downgraded to our 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. (Daughter took wife’s GTI to college, wife took my BMW). The Jeep is fine but I’m doing a fair amount of miles and that is pretty basic compared to the GMC. Also noisier and rougher riding.
D
1999 Porsche 996 Cabrio
Black/Black/Black
No Options!! (How did that happen??)