Say what you will about "Racer Boi" cars...

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Say what you will about "Racer Boi" cars...

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:48 am

Today's story: Headed to a store this morning approximately 08:00 on a three lane street(one lane each way and a center left turn lane). While approaching a driveway from a business on my right I see a dickhead cutting through the parking lot to avoid stopping at the stoplight at the nearby corner. I'm going 35 mph and expected the fool to stop when he/she sees me...NOPE! Out into my lane they come! I'm not talking before I got to the driveway I mean when I was already there! Last I saw of this puke he/she was at my front wheel well and still coming out. I snatched the steering wheel left then right and the R responded perfectly placing me in the center lane. No lean, no squealing of tires, no nothing except responding to driver input. It was so quick I didn't have time to touch the brakes which would have been a mistake as they would have plowed into the side of me or blow the horn. I know if I had been driving the Rav4 he/she would have taken the whole side of it off from the front wheel well back. This thing is a scalpel!

You know they say old people shouldn't drive. I say most old people are driving the wrong car!
Never gonna make you cry...

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Re: Say what you will about "Racer Boi" cars...

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:29 am

Stay frosty! I hear you on accelerating vs. braking. When things get hairy on the road for me I'm usually looking for where I can power out vs. panic brake. This is in any car I drive but having the 996 helps with my confidence tremendously.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:32 pm

One of my favorite lines...besides "Get away from her you BITCH!"

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:29 am Stay frosty! I hear you on accelerating vs. braking. When things get hairy on the road for me I'm usually looking for where I can power out vs. panic brake. This is in any car I drive but having the 996 helps with my confidence tremendously.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:48 pm

Ya...still the best line ever!

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:41 pm

That sounds pretty fast. And furious. Was the engine safe the whole time, or was there danger to manifold?

Glad you're not dead and/or maimed.

Just kicked in yo.gif
Just kicked in yo.gif (301.4 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:51 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:41 pm That sounds pretty fast. And furious. Was the engine safe the whole time, or was there danger to manifold?

Glad you're not dead and/or maimed.

Just kicked in yo.gif
Would have loved to be able to see it in video...but alas no deal.

BTW the manifold was 5 x 5.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:02 am

You can't just lay out a single full-send story like this and not follow up with tales of further VTEC hijinks...

Fun fact: hijinks is the only 7-letter English word featuring "iji," at least as far as the Scrabble dictionary is concerned.
32wildbilly wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:48 am Today's story: Headed to a store this morning approximately 08:00 on a three lane street(one lane each way and a center left turn lane). While approaching a driveway from a business on my right I see a dickhead cutting through the parking lot to avoid stopping at the stoplight at the nearby corner. I'm going 35 mph and expected the fool to stop when he/she sees me...NOPE! Out into my lane they come! I'm not talking before I got to the driveway I mean when I was already there! Last I saw of this puke he/she was at my front wheel well and still coming out. I snatched the steering wheel left then right and the R responded perfectly placing me in the center lane. No lean, no squealing of tires, no nothing except responding to driver input. It was so quick I didn't have time to touch the brakes which would have been a mistake as they would have plowed into the side of me or blow the horn. I know if I had been driving the Rav4 he/she would have taken the whole side of it off from the front wheel well back. This thing is a scalpel!

You know they say old people shouldn't drive. I say most old people are driving the wrong car!

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:52 am

Nope! No further drama nor fast n furious manifold melting adventures to report...at this time.
5chn3ll wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:02 am You can't just lay out a single full-send story like this and not follow up with tales of further VTEC hijinks...

Fun fact: hijinks is the only 7-letter English word featuring "iji," at least as far as the Scrabble dictionary is concerned.
32wildbilly wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:48 am Today's story: Headed to a store this morning approximately 08:00 on a three lane street(one lane each way and a center left turn lane). While approaching a driveway from a business on my right I see a dickhead cutting through the parking lot to avoid stopping at the stoplight at the nearby corner. I'm going 35 mph and expected the fool to stop when he/she sees me...NOPE! Out into my lane they come! I'm not talking before I got to the driveway I mean when I was already there! Last I saw of this puke he/she was at my front wheel well and still coming out. I snatched the steering wheel left then right and the R responded perfectly placing me in the center lane. No lean, no squealing of tires, no nothing except responding to driver input. It was so quick I didn't have time to touch the brakes which would have been a mistake as they would have plowed into the side of me or blow the horn. I know if I had been driving the Rav4 he/she would have taken the whole side of it off from the front wheel well back. This thing is a scalpel!