How to get back an old car?

OceanBlue2000
Fresh out of funny, ask Frunk

Re: How to get back an old car?

Post by OceanBlue2000 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:16 am

Back in college during the dinosaur days, I sold my 64 1/2 Mustang. I needed the money, and the non-numbers matching motor was on its way out anyway. Looking back, it probably needed a head gasket, but I was just a dumb kid. The guy my parents sold it to said he would drop a crate motor in it.

Anyway, I've got a similar itch to find out where this car is. Being sold so long ago, it's probably in a junkyard somewhere. However, this was a rust free car back then, and everything other than the motor was in good shape. I hold out hope that its still out there somewhere.

I just have to dig through my old registration history and find a VIN. Pre-1980 VINS aren't in the usual online databases, so I have my work cut out for me.
Mike
Strange things I have in head, that will to hand.
2000 Ocean Blue 996 Carrera 2
1982 928 (sold)

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri May 18, 2018 11:55 am

OceanBlue2000 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:16 am Back in college during the dinosaur days, I sold my 64 1/2 Mustang. I needed the money, and the non-numbers matching motor was on its way out anyway. Looking back, it probably needed a head gasket, but I was just a dumb kid. The guy my parents sold it to said he would drop a crate motor in it.

Anyway, I've got a similar itch to find out where this car is. Being sold so long ago, it's probably in a junkyard somewhere. However, this was a rust free car back then, and everything other than the motor was in good shape. I hold out hope that its still out there somewhere.

I just have to dig through my old registration history and find a VIN. Pre-1980 VINS aren't in the usual online databases, so I have my work cut out for me.
Back in the day I stoopidly sold a pretty good condition 1965 Sunbeam Tiger because I bought a 1969 Chevelle SS 396! I figure both have been wrapped around a tree/pole by now, so I'm not going to check. Did I mention I am STOOPID!!?? Neither of the below are mine, but exact duplicates. We didn't have no digital cameras back then!
The attachment maxresdefault.jpg is no longer available
maxresdefault.jpg
Never gonna make you cry...

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri May 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Tiger example
1965-Sunbeam-Tiger-Mk1-Side.jpg
1965-Sunbeam-Tiger-Mk1-Side.jpg (223.89 KiB) Viewed 1258 times
Never gonna make you cry...