UConnect + OBDII notification = ALMOST a feature...

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

UConnect + OBDII notification = ALMOST a feature...

Post by 5chn3ll » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:04 am

UConnect is the infotainment system Jeep uses. One of the cool features of the Jeep integration is that it notifies you when there's any kind of malfunction or safety issue. Tires low? I get an email. Time for an oil change? I get an email.

The system also monitors the OBD-II status and notifies me by email if the car throws code - but Mopar's UConnect landing site doesn't actually display the diagnostic trouble code(s). Apparently only dealers need this "advanced information."

Sure I can just plug in my OBD-II scanner, but...dang it, Jeep, you were SO close.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: UConnect + OBDII notification = ALMOST a feature...

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:01 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:04 am UConnect is the infotainment system Jeep uses. One of the cool features of the Jeep integration is that it notifies you when there's any kind of malfunction or safety issue. Tires low? I get an email. Time for an oil change? I get an email.

The system also monitors the OBD-II status and notifies me by email if the car throws code - but Mopar's UConnect landing site doesn't actually display the diagnostic trouble code(s). Apparently only dealers need this "advanced information."

Sure I can just plug in my OBD-II scanner, but...dang it, Jeep, you were SO close.
THEY don't want to make too easy for you. Then you wouldn't need them. However when the downstream O2 sensor took a crap on my Rav4 they had to disassemble half of the inside tunnel covers because that's where Toyota buried the plug connection. Great engineering.
Never gonna make you cry...