GT Sport

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: GT Sport

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:18 pm

I want one of these! Of course I would do less around the house than I currently do now.
playseat_-evolution-alcantara-pro-1_3.jpg
playseat_-evolution-alcantara-pro-1_3.jpg (25.22 KiB) Viewed 1811 times
Never gonna make you cry...

Kalashnikov
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by Kalashnikov » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:25 pm

Man, it is too fun. I am on day 2...and I already drove 300 miles in game. Already have a 2jz supra with 900 hp, and 2017 gtr nismo with almost 1,000 hp. Interestingly, with GTR I am faster with all driving aids but abs turned off. Supra is pure bliss. 400 hp seems to be the sweet zone for 6 speed manual on it. Very balanced and enjoyable to drive. Any more power and traction becomes an issue.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190807-222047.png

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:42 am

Kalashnikov wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:25 pm Man, it is too fun. I am on day 2...and I already drove 300 miles in game. Already have a 2jz supra with 900 hp, and 2017 gtr nismo with almost 1,000 hp. Interestingly, with GTR I am faster with all driving aids but abs turned off. Supra is pure bliss. 400 hp seems to be the sweet zone for 6 speed manual on it. Very balanced and enjoyable to drive. Any more power and traction becomes an issue.
That is my fear! I would become addicted and never get up from the driving seat.
giphy-35.gif
giphy-35.gif (274.4 KiB) Viewed 1802 times

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:12 pm

I have a theory that the consumer profile for consumers of fancy video game chairs is nearly identical to - except for gender - the profile for consumers of Sybian furniture.

Further, I suggest that both items are likely to annoy the neighbors from time to time. Unless you invite them over to play. But that can get awkward. Lots of Purell.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:08 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:12 pm I have a theory that the consumer profile for consumers of fancy video game chairs is nearly identical to - except for gender - the profile for consumers of Sybian furniture.

Further, I suggest that both items are likely to annoy the neighbors from time to time. Unless you invite them over to play. But that can get awkward. Lots of Purell.
I am NOT goggling any of the SH!T! NOPE!

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:46 pm

Come on Billy, just think of the fun that will ensure for your family when you pass and leave them years worth of browser history filled with Schnelly search terms :lol:

The wife knows to just destroy all my hard drives without inspection :mrgreen:

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:19 pm

gnat wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:46 pm Come on Billy, just think of the fun that will ensure for your family when you pass and leave them years worth of browser history filled with Schnelly search terms :lol:

The wife knows to just destroy all my hard drives without inspection :mrgreen:
Speaking of that I wonder what ever became of the Mormon's verses the Father-in-Law situation? Seriously, I do hope that got resolved without a repeat "indoctrination" class. Besides I know about private browsing and clearing everything occasionally. Hopefully they wouldn't dig deeper than that...

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:23 pm

It all went quietly away. The old man has more stones than anyone gives him credit for. The eldest son was going to "advise" him - and if he was stupid enough to do it, I know how that conversation went. That old bastard knows where all the (figurative) bodies are buried. Hell, he bailed all of those kids out of various crap over the years. The dirt he must have on each of them is inspiring and evokes more than a passing amount of envy.

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:25 pm

As far as the Sybian - if I was a woman, every one of my dining chairs would probably be a Sybian.

Also, I did not watch the following video, but I'd like to guess that the first line of dialog goes something like "Welcome to my unboxing video! Let's get busy rattling 32 years' worth of fillings out of my teeth..."

I have no idea why there's a step stool in-scene, but it does intrigue me. Not enough to click the play button...

Also, I will never look at an S2000 shifter the same way again. Eew.

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:30 pm

I think it would be epic if the control box for that thing was an old flight yoke instead of two little potentiometers.