The Cherokee is dead. Long live the Grand Cherokee

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: The Cherokee is dead. Long live the Grand Cherokee

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:34 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:02 pm ...of course, now that I made a stink, everyone is bending over backwards. That's great, and I'm grateful - but dammit, they should have friggin' done this in the first place.
You have just helped them understand the reason for their job. The customer and doing the right thing. Repeat sales is what keeps a dealership alive not saving $300 on an electric key!
Never gonna make you cry...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:01 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:34 pm
5chn3ll wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:02 pm ...of course, now that I made a stink, everyone is bending over backwards. That's great, and I'm grateful - but dammit, they should have friggin' done this in the first place.
You have just helped them understand the reason for their job. The customer and doing the right thing. Repeat sales is what keeps a dealership alive not saving $300 on an electric key!
I doubt they'll treat the next customer any different or even Sir Schnelly when/if he returns with an issue. Common Sense and Giving a Damn are no longer required traits in this world :(

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:59 pm

gnat wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:01 pm

I doubt they'll treat the next customer any different or even Sir Schnelly when/if he returns with an issue. Common Sense and Giving a Damn are no longer required traits in this world :(
Dude! You are starting to sound like an old guy...and I should know...!

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:14 pm

I'm inclined to agree. Honestly, I was expecting a "fugg off" or an offer of 10% off the retail price of a new key fob. In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't click "send" on the first draft - it included many more shits and pisses.
gnat wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:01 pm

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Got the key cut and paired today. Other than the initial service writer who made the mistake of asking me how much I was planning to pay (I'm not planning to pay shit, hoss)...the trip went smoothly. Mostly because I walked around on the lot and let my wife handle the "communication" with "other people."

I need to get back to the gym - I'm gonna have a stroke or kill somebody. Or have a stroke killing somebody.

My Class 3 receiver showed up today - and damn, the install is SWEET compared to the Cherokee. The GC frame is already drilled and tapped and pre-filled with micro-encapsulated bolts - No cutting, no fascia alterations, and enough towing capacity to actually drag my other cars somewhere if I needed/wanted to.

I also tried to fit up my winter 18's from my old X5 - but the bolt pattern is different. It was worth a try...gonna see if I can find some moron - er, BMW X5 enthusiast - to buy my ancient Blizzaks on ugly Moda wheels.

Did the first oil change in the GC today - weird top-mounted oil filter is weird; they made it EXTRA weird by requiring a 15/16" socket to remove the filter housing to get to the replaceable element. It's pretty much like the 996 filter arrangement - except upside down and on top of the motor. I used Mobil 1...wonder if Raby does Mopar rebuilds.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:58 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:27 pm Got the key cut and paired today. Other than the initial service writer who made the mistake of asking me how much I was planning to pay (I'm not planning to pay shit, hoss)...the trip went smoothly. Mostly because I walked around on the lot and let my wife handle the "communication" with "other people."

I need to get back to the gym - I'm gonna have a stroke or kill somebody. Or have a stroke killing somebody.

My Class 3 receiver showed up today - and damn, the install is SWEET compared to the Cherokee. The GC frame is already drilled and tapped and pre-filled with micro-encapsulated bolts - No cutting, no fascia alterations, and enough towing capacity to actually drag my other cars somewhere if I needed/wanted to.

I also tried to fit up my winter 18's from my old X5 - but the bolt pattern is different. It was worth a try...gonna see if I can find some moron - er, BMW X5 enthusiast - to buy my ancient Blizzaks on ugly Moda wheels.

Did the first oil change in the GC today - weird top-mounted oil filter is weird; they made it EXTRA weird by requiring a 15/16" socket to remove the filter housing to get to the replaceable element. It's pretty much like the 996 filter arrangement - except upside down and on top of the motor. I used Mobil 1...wonder if Raby does Mopar rebuilds.
Yeah but how are the battery post connections?

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:07 pm

Inside, which is weird.

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:35 am

My 1.5 hour drive back up the mountain took 6 hours. The Cajon Pass was a slip-n-slide - near white-out at the crest. 2 of 3 highways to Big Bear were shut down, and I needed 4-low and chains to get up the 18 through Lucerne Valley. Lots of people car-camping in snow banks last night...

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:21 am

Damn man glad you had chains. Winter weather is something else down here - coming from a kid that grew up in WI and everyone knew how to handle it.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:30 am

Californians just suck at winter driving. Saw a guy launch himself over the concrete median on 91 West yesterday and land on the eastbound side - in an emergency lane, thankfully.

Probably not gonna buff right out.