Daily Driving a Hooptie Fleet

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: Daily Driving a Hooptie Fleet

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:29 am

FRUNKenstein wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:03 pm
FRUNKenstein wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:19 am So, the 2 cars I tried to buy last week, the 2013 Jag XJL Portfolio and the 2014 JGC Summit have both been re-cycled through auctions since then.
The Jag went through the Houston auction again last night. I had offered $14,000 on Friday, but they never got back to me. The high bid last night was $12,750. Apparently they want the $15,350 auction value estimate, which doesn't factor in the "theft recovery" that they are disclosing at the auction and will show up on CarFax/Autocheck. According to the auction rep I spoke with on Friday, it's been run through the auction several times with the same results.

The 2014 JGC just went through the auction a few minutes ago here in KC. My high bid last week was $15,000, but they turned that down and wanted $15,400, despite the car having a $14,850 auction value, being a repo, being sold "AS-IS" (so without a ride & drive guarantee that is standard at that price point), well over 100k miles and below average condition on the auction inspection. Today when it went through the auction, the auctioneer refused to accept a bid below $16,000, and of course, nobody bid on it.

Although it is stupid, I took a little satisfaction from both of those auction results considering I offered to buy them for what I believe was more than they'll ever bring at auction. In the end, I'm better off with the Acadia and the Durango.

Just perusing the auction listings tonight. I see that the Jaguar finally sold down in Houston on January 2nd for $13,100. It had been run through the auction twice per week since I offered $14,000 for it in early November.

The Jeep is still for sale.

Glad to see that turning down my reasonable offers has worked out so well for the sellers. :roll:
Greed can be all consuming. Maybe they learned a lesson...NAW!
Never gonna make you cry...