Another Tesla driver idiot...

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: Another Tesla driver idiot...

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:02 pm

gnat wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:05 pm
Dgi 07 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:57 pm
Absolutely Right. They aren't playing on their phones. They are actually taking naps.
I guess 9/11 put a damper on banging the stewardesses since they installed that locked door...
How very 1970's of you! Besides the Cabin Crew can still knock on the door and be let in...so...I'll ask the daughter-in-law.
Never gonna make you cry...

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:58 am

CISgender men are alive and well @ the outpost...

(kinda want to kick my own ass for typing that...)

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:04 am

5chn3ll wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:58 am CISgender men are alive and well @ the outpost...

(kinda want to kick my own ass for typing that...)
I think that is borderline breaking The One Rule, so you probably should kick your own ass just to be safe.

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:13 am

Haters gonna hate, normies gonna procreate.

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:34 am

I was born a man but I'm open to suggestions.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:46 pm

"Be curious, not judgmental."

-Walt Whitman
Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:34 am I was born a man but I'm open to suggestions.

OceanBlue2000
Fresh out of funny, ask Frunk

Post by OceanBlue2000 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:56 am

I'm not sure I understand autopilot mode. Is it supposed to give you a rest, while you still monitor what is going on? I guess in that sense its like an advanced cruise control, but I don't use that even in the car where it works. There's just too much traffic here on the highways for it to make sense.

Seems like a solution looking for a problem or a test bed for fully autonomous cars, which is kind of dick move using your user base as testers.
Mike
Strange things I have in head, that will to hand.
2000 Ocean Blue 996 Carrera 2
1982 928 (sold)

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:05 am

OceanBlue2000 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:56 am

Seems like a solution looking for a problem or a test bed for fully autonomous cars, which is kind of dick move using your user base as testers.
Which is pretty much how I feel about Tesla overall.
Never gonna make you cry...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:17 am

OceanBlue2000 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:56 am Seems like a solution looking for a problem or a test bed for fully autonomous cars, which is kind of dick move using your user base as testers.
This is exactly what it is. The manufacturer knows that it is not 100% which is why all the materials for it say that the driver has to stay attentive and ready to take over in an emergency.

The object, of course, is to make roads safer by removing the average idiot from the equation. Unfortunately they are depending on the average idiot to help test the functionality and the said average idiot would rather do anything than pay attention to the road.

Really the mode should be restricted to just those that can show they are capable of fulfilling their role in the system (e.g. multiple multi-hour tests where their attention is constantly monitored and there random events they have to react to).

OceanBlue2000
Fresh out of funny, ask Frunk

Post by OceanBlue2000 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 am

gnat wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:17 am
OceanBlue2000 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:56 am Seems like a solution looking for a problem or a test bed for fully autonomous cars, which is kind of dick move using your user base as testers.
This is exactly what it is. The manufacturer knows that it is not 100% which is why all the materials for it say that the driver has to stay attentive and ready to take over in an emergency.

The object, of course, is to make roads safer by removing the average idiot from the equation. Unfortunately they are depending on the average idiot to help test the functionality and the said average idiot would rather do anything than pay attention to the road.

Really the mode should be restricted to just those that can show they are capable of fulfilling their role in the system (e.g. multiple multi-hour tests where their attention is constantly monitored and there random events they have to react to).
I agree. Give the mode to people who have agreed to undergo training and have promised to report on testing. But I think autonomous cars in general have a major issue: we're never going to get all the benefits unless all cars are autonomous. People will do dumb things (mostly right in front of me) so the safety of autonomous cars will always be a question until you can teach a car to plan for rationality but be prepared for dumbness. Take humans out of the decision making process and what you'll eventually have is an efficient mode of transport that takes you door to door. Try and tell people they are no longer allowed to drive their 996 on the turnpike, though.
Mike
Strange things I have in head, that will to hand.
2000 Ocean Blue 996 Carrera 2
1982 928 (sold)