New Member Intros

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Re: New Member Intros

Post by B3DAWG » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:59 am

Kalashnikov wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:17 am JI, if it is you... I am serious about posting the Pic of your book in front of the car. Why? Because I am 50/50 that this is B3 posting from your account to bust people's balls.

B3... I think I got JI's phone number somewhere.... Don't make me text him to double check. 😂 The phone has a Porsche model code after area code :lol:
It's not me brotha! I'm not going down that road again.

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:29 am

Ah Jeez I've fallen for this one already.

69f41bbeedd6d17de1efe7ba7e515ce8.jpg
69f41bbeedd6d17de1efe7ba7e515ce8.jpg (25.45 KiB) Viewed 1995 times
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg (105.61 KiB) Viewed 1995 times
240_F_174683409_2YTshRHo1aianamatCY9fVMBe3919PS1.jpg
240_F_174683409_2YTshRHo1aianamatCY9fVMBe3919PS1.jpg (19.75 KiB) Viewed 1995 times
RW06BjM.jpg
RW06BjM.jpg (65.01 KiB) Viewed 1995 times
2f7.png
2f7.png (127.27 KiB) Viewed 1995 times
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:01 am

best-selling author, occasional Gitmo AirBNB guest, and internationally-renowned automotive fashion consultant John Ireland wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:12 pm I thought I recognized some of the names from that other Porsche site. I like that idea that this is more relaxed...just enjoy the cars, learn, help each other, have fun. I'll drive this one car tomorrow. However the guy with the first car I made an offer on, just emailed to say he is lowering his price. It is still a thousand more than I want to pay, and a thousand more than the car I'm seeing tomorrow. At the same time, between the 997S tiptronic and my Alfa ZF 8 speed, the manual transmissions still feel a little slow. I always felt the Porsche original solution of having up and down the gears on both sides of the wheel was the best solution. It allows you to drink your Cafe Latte with one hand and with you other hand, go up and down the gears while keeping your hand on the steering wheel...perfect for laps at the Ring.

The tip is white, needs a transmission mount, and has small dimples in the paint of the left rear fender and by the right door...I'll call it patina. Definitely not a beauty queen. But it also has had the AOS and the IMS Retrofit six years and 35k miles ago. The manual looks better inside and out, but I'll still be putting money into it just to give everything an up to date look...and it is the original IMS...could be good or bad...all a gamble.

Everybody talks about their cars as if they were in perfect condition and the best in the world. Tomorrow I'll know more. Having a friend go with me, he also went with me on a drive in the white car.

Good to see you found us John! Take a lot of pictures to share here on the forum. If you have the opportunity, I'd strongly recommend conducting a PPI of whatever one you're seriously looking at. All the best!

JohnIreland

Post by JohnIreland » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:41 am

No it is really me. Anybody have thoughts on the use of the K&N air filter set ups like this one? I've heard its bad for the mass air flow system.
c8.jpg
c8.jpg (447.76 KiB) Viewed 1989 times

B3DAWG

Re: Cold Air Intanks

Post by B3DAWG » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:05 pm

best-selling author, occasional Gitmo AirBNB guest, and internationally-renowned automotive fashion consultant John Ireland wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:41 am No it is really me. Anybody have thoughts on the use of the K&N air filter set ups like this one? I've heard its bad for the mass air flow system.c8.jpg
Cold Air Intakes on a Porsche 911 are like curls on a pig's tail, they don't add anymore pork to the pig!

Jake Raby was going to produce a Dyno video comparing a Porsche stock air box with a K&N cold air intake, but decided against it because he didn't want to get tangled up in a lawsuit. But the Dyno showed absolutely NO power gains with the cold air intake. He said the best repeatable results have been from the slightly improved 997 air box which can be installed on a 996.

The stock air box is a vacuum that pulls cold air from the port in the deck lid. If you use an open design like shown in the picture, it will tend to pull a lot of the hot ambient air in the engine compartment. This is a negative for combustion.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:29 pm

best-selling author, occasional Gitmo AirBNB guest, and internationally-renowned automotive fashion consultant John Ireland wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:41 am No it is really me. Anybody have thoughts on the use of the K&N air filter set ups like this one? I've heard its bad for the mass air flow system.c8.jpg
Yeah I've read if you put one of those on your car you will need to put a plastic bag over the snorkel every time you wash the car. Sounds like a pain to me...
Never gonna make you cry...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:38 pm

I for one and looking forward to the detailed discourse on how the 996 is the new Alfa Giulia and/or how a 20 year old interior simply does not compare in quality to a 3 year old car :lol:

I would also like to start a pool for when one of us mods changes his tag to "Blow me asshole" :lol:

Welcome Johnny. We have high expectations on the effect you'll have on the forum ;) :mrgreen:

JohnIreland

Post by JohnIreland » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:41 pm

gnat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:38 pm I for one and looking forward to the detailed discourse on how the 996 is the new Alfa Giulia and/or how a 20 year old interior simply does not compare in quality to a 3 year old car :lol:

I would also like to start a pool for when one of us mods changes his tag to "Blow me asshole" :lol:

Welcome Johnny. We have high expectations on the effect you'll have on the forum ;) :mrgreen:
It's been along time since I was permanently banned from Rennlist...and I never was told what the specific
thing I said or did, was. I tried to contact the mods but to no avail. But you do bring up one of my favorite
remarks...wish I could remember what it was all about.

The Giulia is just great to drive. The same hp and better torque compared to the 996.1...and from just two
turboed liters. The brakes, the steering, the balance...blah blah blah...are just outstanding. But when everything is electronic
you get a great problem...when one thing goes, the car wants to shut everything down. If Alfa had put out a
coupe, I'd probably be in it. But they haven't, and if they do, it will be priced much much more than I am willing
to pay. And last but not least...the owners of the company...Fiat Chrysler...Mussolini meets Edsel Ford...I just don't have
faith in their future. So it is time for the Alfa to go.

Though the 996.1 is "modern" it is also very analog. And it goes more than fast enough for me. And all for the
price of a weekend on Jeffrey Epstein's island I can have a very nice and satisfying car.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:08 pm

best-selling author, occasional Gitmo AirBNB guest, and internationally-renowned automotive fashion consultant John Ireland wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:41 pm
gnat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:38 pm I for one and looking forward to the detailed discourse on how the 996 is the new Alfa Giulia and/or how a 20 year old interior simply does not compare in quality to a 3 year old car :lol:

It's been along time since I was permanently banned from Rennlist...and I never was told what the specific
thing I said or did, was. I tried to contact the mods but to no avail. But you do bring up one of my favorite
remarks...wish I could remember what it was all about.
That is a common story unfortunately. Bunch of Napoleons over there...

We're far more tolerant of stuff here and so far our One Rule is all we've needed and no one has yet crossed it.

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Post by FRUNKenstein » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:07 pm

best-selling author, occasional Gitmo AirBNB guest, and internationally-renowned automotive fashion consultant John Ireland wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:41 pm It's been along time since I was permanently banned from Rennlist...and I never was told what the specific
thing I said or did, was. I tried to contact the mods but to no avail.
It’s far too common an occurrence over there.
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver