Site Progress and suggestions...

Flat6BlahBlah
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Re: Site Progress and suggestions...

Post by Flat6BlahBlah » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:22 pm

If you're going to put in the time/effort/$ to supply us with a new playground to break stuff in, how about a 'Donate' button so we can buy you a beer... a cheap beer... a cheap domestic flat beer... on tap... and in a dirty glass. Seriously though, a way for forum members to voluntarily contribute (that doesn't include PayPal) wouldn't be out of line.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:02 am

Flat6BlahBlah wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:22 pm If you're going to put in the time/effort/$ to supply us with a new playground to break stuff in, how about a 'Donate' button so we can buy you a beer... a cheap beer... a cheap domestic flat beer... on tap... and in a dirty glass. Seriously though, a way for forum members to voluntarily contribute (that doesn't include PayPal) wouldn't be out of line.
Agree
Never gonna make you cry...

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:57 pm

Yeah I would pay for a "membership" to support the effort.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:57 pm

I can help work on custom emotes (Smilies) for the site. I should have enough animation experience. When I have free time I can work on some 996 specific stuff if anyone has any ideas. Exploding IMS?

ElPresidente, let me know what format you need, file size limits, whatnot.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:28 am

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:57 pm I can help work on custom emotes (Smilies) for the site. I should have enough animation experience. When I have free time I can work on some 996 specific stuff if anyone has any ideas. Exploding IMS?

ElPresidente, let me know what format you need, file size limits, whatnot.
That would be awesome as the stock ones suck :(

The board software is phpBB and currently 3.2.2. From a quick look it appears that you just build a directory full of the images, send it to Schnelly (or someone else if he wants to grant that level of access), and he uploads it.

From a quick read it seems like the easiest way to get started is if he downloads the existing pack and sends that to you. Don't know if just downloading an existing pack (https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... ies-13/3.2) would give you the same starting point.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:43 am

Flat6BlahBlah wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:22 pm If you're going to put in the time/effort/$ to supply us with a new playground to break stuff in, how about a 'Donate' button so we can buy you a beer... a cheap beer... a cheap domestic flat beer... on tap... and in a dirty glass. Seriously though, a way for forum members to voluntarily contribute (that doesn't include PayPal) wouldn't be out of line.
I appreciate the offer, but at this point the money I've put in, plus contributions from Gnat and KCA, have provided for the site's needs for the time being. I'd rather have a Wikipedia-esque fundraiser if we need additional funding in the future rather than an open-ended money grab.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 pm

What the heck happened within the last hour or so. I tried to refresh and got 503 error codes. Thought I was driving the 911 for a minute and started looking for a code reader. Better now. I feared the dark overlords had found us.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:05 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 pm What the heck happened within the last hour or so. I tried to refresh and got 503 error codes. Thought I was driving the 911 for a minute and started looking for a code reader. Better now. I feared the dark overlords had found us.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one refreshing the site frequently enough to experience such random blips :lol:

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:10 pm

gnat wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:05 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 pm What the heck happened within the last hour or so. I tried to refresh and got 503 error codes. Thought I was driving the 911 for a minute and started looking for a code reader. Better now. I feared the dark overlords had found us.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one refreshing the site frequently enough to experience such random blips :lol:
Yeah, but I'm not at work!! :roll:

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:31 pm

I suspect the auto-backups are at least occasionally causing glitchiness. Now that I'm tweaking crap less frequently, I'm going to throttle back on the backup frequency.

There were also some brief periods where I was dicking around with the HTTPS and cookie settings that may have temporarily made the site unhappy.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.