I created this topic...

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

I created this topic...

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:48 am

...because "993" was no longer tolerable.

Fun fact: the 993 was the first 911 to receive a six-speed transmission.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

5chn3ll

Re: I created this topic...

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:51 am

Aah...

Better.png
Better.png (690 Bytes) Viewed 1694 times

OceanBlue2000
Fresh out of funny, ask Frunk

Post by OceanBlue2000 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:19 pm

We should use this to talk shit about other models. They talk enough about ours.

The 991 is gigantic and looks like a Panamera. None of the late 1970s SC's are worth the money they're going for, they are expensive because the good models all got bought up.

Everyone I see riding around here in a new-ish Porsche is so old that were they to hit the accelerator they may disintegrate.
Mike
Strange things I have in head, that will to hand.
2000 Ocean Blue 996 Carrera 2
1982 928 (sold)

theprf
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by theprf » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:27 pm

All new cars are big. Those mini-suv things I call "barstools" because they are taller than they are wide and look like they'll flip over in a brisk wind. What's up with naming huge suvs after endangered species, anyway? Anyone want an AM General Peregrine Falcon?
Every time I see a new Porsche sports car design I feel the value of my 996 going up. Seriously, designers, it's NOT necessary to carry a consistent theme through EVERY model, especially when it's ugly like the Porsche tail light treatment.

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:03 pm

I will probably pick up an '03 986 to replace the hole left when I traded mine in for the 996. I really miss having a cab, and they manage to make 996's look overpriced...$10-$11K will buy you an '03 (glass-window) non-S 986 with about 80K miles.

If I start shopping in February, I suspect I could pick one up for WELL under ten grand...

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:34 pm

If I forget somebody remind me not to buy a new-ish Porsche... :o
OceanBlue2000 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:19 pm Everyone I see riding around here in a new-ish Porsche is so old that were they to hit the accelerator they may disintegrate.
Never gonna make you cry...

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:48 pm

Yeah what's up with the growth issue? The new 911's are ginormous and look fat not phat. With all the fuel saving technology to add size/weight to a car is counter productive. I don't get it. Plus who wants a sports car that weighs as much as a bull elephant? Takes the fun out of having a sports car.
theprf wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:27 pm All new cars are big. Those mini-suv things I call "barstools" because they are taller than they are wide and look like they'll flip over in a brisk wind. What's up with naming huge suvs after endangered species, anyway? Anyone want an AM General Peregrine Falcon?
Every time I see a new Porsche sports car design I feel the value of my 996 going up. Seriously, designers, it's NOT necessary to carry a consistent theme through EVERY model, especially when it's ugly like the Porsche tail light treatment.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:50 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:03 pm I will probably pick up an '03 986 to replace the hole left when I traded mine in for the 996. I really miss having a cab, and they manage to make 996's look overpriced...$10-$11K will buy you an '03 (glass-window) non-S 986 with about 80K miles.

If I start shopping in February, I suspect I could pick one up for WELL under ten grand...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:03 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:48 pm Yeah what's up with the growth issue? The new 911's are ginormous and look fat not phat. With all the fuel saving technology to add size/weight to a car is counter productive. I don't get it. Plus who wants a sports car that weighs as much as a bull elephant? Takes the fun out of having a sports car.
It's all the extra equipment to turn the evil ICE by products into fairy farts.

And all the safety equipment.

And all the distractions that people demand that will require them to need all the safety equipment.

And they need extra space for the continually expanding average American ass (mine has unfortunately expanded quite a bit since buying the 996 :().

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:12 pm

I was thinking more about crap like four wheel steering, suspension gimmicks and all the other nannies that keeps one from killing themselves while trying to drive like Michael Schumacher in a Formula 1 race. Just think of how much fun one of those cars would be at 996 weight/size and the current horsepower ratings! Besides cars like that would quickly weed out the driving skill challenged owners.
gnat wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:03 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:48 pm Yeah what's up with the growth issue? The new 911's are ginormous and look fat not phat. With all the fuel saving technology to add size/weight to a car is counter productive. I don't get it. Plus who wants a sports car that weighs as much as a bull elephant? Takes the fun out of having a sports car.
It's all the extra equipment to turn the evil ICE by products into fairy farts.

And all the safety equipment.

And all the distractions that people demand that will require them to need all the safety equipment.

And they need extra space for the continually expanding average American ass (mine has unfortunately expanded quite a bit since buying the 996 :().