Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 am

5chn3ll wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:14 am I was one of the web people for San Diego Region for a couple of years; I can confirm that they're definitely more capable now that I am not part of the team.
Riiight...not. :lol:
Never gonna make you cry...

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Post by FRUNKenstein » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:19 pm

b3freak wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:58 am
FRUNKenstein wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:34 pm I personally get a kick out of knowing that the paid IB staff is crowing about the work of somebody the unpaid staff has perma-banned.

https://rennlist.com/articles/rennliste ... eo-series/
Isn't that a kick of irony in the gonads. :) Makes me wonder if they've connected the dots yet.

Not like they don't have my personal information.
I am absolutely, 100% certain that the paid IB staff has no clue what their mods are up to. Otherwise, they would have reversed the shit-canning of the GWIT996F. Off the top of my head, ~18,000 posts by over 300 different members with 3/4 of million views? Nah, we don't want that kind of interaction with our website. Better to draw traffic by expending a bunch of effort to create articles for the homepage that no one reads than have a thread that self-perpetuates and draws a metric shit-ton of traffic.
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by B3DAWG » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:30 am

FRUNKenstein wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:19 pm
b3freak wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:58 am

Isn't that a kick of irony in the gonads. :) Makes me wonder if they've connected the dots yet.

Not like they don't have my personal information.
I am absolutely, 100% certain that the paid IB staff has no clue what their mods are up to. Otherwise, they would have reversed the shit-canning of the GWIT996F. Off the top of my head, ~18,000 posts by over 300 different members with 3/4 of million views? Nah, we don't want that kind of interaction with our website. Better to draw traffic by expending a bunch of effort to create articles for the homepage that no one reads than have a thread that self-perpetuates and draws a metric shit-ton of traffic.
Unfortunately, corporate execs or upper management don't start moving until money is involved or their jobs are on the line. My wife has been in marketing and communications for the past two years for a private school. The school just celebrated 50 years. Since starting her job, she has put a big emphasis on website and social media technologies. Traditional media? Not so much so. They were giving more than $4,000/month in print advertisement to a local newspaper. As we all know too well, print is going to down the tubes especially small town newspapers. Over the years, the school has suggested improvements to the paper regarding their partnership with the school, but they didn't listen and didn't even consider responding. Nothing.

This month, my wife cancelled advertisement with the newspaper. How quickly do you think they responded? Answer - instantly! Every high ranking executive management type wrote personally letters to my wife and the head of schools asking for reconsideration and another chance, or "can we work this out?" yada yada yada! Amazing what money will do to people. Brings them to their knees. Sad.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:07 am

b3freak wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:30 am
FRUNKenstein wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:19 pm
Unfortunately, corporate execs or upper management don't start moving until money is involved or their jobs are on the line. My wife has been in marketing and communications for the past two years for a private school. The school just celebrated 50 years. Since starting her job, she has put a big emphasis on website and social media technologies. Traditional media? Not so much so. They were giving more than $4,000/month in print advertisement to a local newspaper. As we all know too well, print is going to down the tubes especially small town newspapers. Over the years, the school has suggested improvements to the paper regarding their partnership with the school, but they didn't listen and didn't even consider responding. Nothing.

This month, my wife cancelled advertisement with the newspaper. How quickly do you think they responded? Answer - instantly! Every high ranking executive management type wrote personally letters to my wife and the head of schools asking for reconsideration and another chance, or "can we work this out?" yada yada yada! Amazing what money will do to people. Brings them to their knees. Sad.
Please tell me the wife and the Head of Schools stood firm! I hate seeing newspapers fade, but it's old technology and, as your story shows, seems a lot of newspapers haven't moved away from the time when they were the only game in town.

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:37 am

32wildbilly wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:07 am
b3freak wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:30 am

Please tell me the wife and the Head of Schools stood firm! I hate seeing newspapers fade, but it's old technology and, as your story shows, seems a lot of newspapers haven't moved away from the time when they were the only game in town.
It was a tough decision, but the Head of School backed my wife's decision even though they've partnered with the paper since the school was founded. But the reality is that subscriptions to the newspaper have fallen to near nothing. The paper used to offer daily editions, now only prints on the weekends. It's an unfortunate reality of our culture. 30 years ago, only the rich had cell phones, but now even elementary kids are toting them. Everybody has some sort of device. Personally, I love the benefit of technology, but in many ways we're dimensioning good face-to-face communication because of our attention deficits.

That's why I like hanging out with old people. :lol:

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:07 pm

b3freak wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:37 am
32wildbilly wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:07 am
It was a tough decision, but the Head of School backed my wife's decision even though they've partnered with the paper since the school was founded. But the reality is that subscriptions to the newspaper have fallen to near nothing. The paper used to offer daily editions, now only prints on the weekends. It's an unfortunate reality of our culture. 30 years ago, only the rich had cell phones, but now even elementary kids are toting them. Everybody has some sort of device. Personally, I love the benefit of technology, but in many ways we're dimensioning good face-to-face communication because of our attention deficits.

That's why I like hanging out with old people. :lol:
Yeah...WAIT...Who you calling' old!!?? :D

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:11 pm

Today was 50f and sunshine. Drove the Type R looking for left over snow drifts...none found. Tomorrow predicted 52f partly cloudy. Might actually get the "Hammer"(Can't Touch This!) out for some exercise! ;)

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Post by FRUNKenstein » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:00 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:11 pm Today was 50f and sunshine. Drove the Type R looking for left over snow drifts...none found. Tomorrow predicted 52f partly cloudy. Might actually get the "Hammer"(Can't Touch This!) out for some exercise! ;)
Yep, drove the Turbro to PCA breakfast this morning. I plan on getting it out tomorrow and exercising the rest of the stable, too.

As for print advertising, I cut the cord on the Yellow Pages back in 2012. It was difficult to do because they helped me build my business, but business is business. If you don’t change with the times, you will perish.
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver

Cuda911
Possum Hauler

Post by Cuda911 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:13 pm

So, I didn't mention here, but I've been dealing with some nerve damage. Can't race this season. Right arm was nearly paralyzed for a month, slowly getting movement back in my hand. Was finally able to play piano again yesterday for the first time in months. And, not one neighbor pulled a gun on me! :).

Mike

'68 Ford Custom 500; '70 Plymouth Cuda; '71 Ford Econoline; 73 Porsche 914 1.7, '74 Porsche 914 1.8; '74 Suzuki TC185; '86 Suzuki GS450L; '88 Subaru GL104WD Turbo Ltd Edn;; '88 Subaru XT; '91 Lexus ES250; '93 Jeep Wrangler, '99 Porsche Boxster, '03 Turbo VW Beetle; '03 Porsche Boxster; '03 Porsche Carrera C2; '07 Porsche Cayman, '11 BMW 328i, '12 Porsche 991 S, '14 Porsche Cayman, & a mishmash of other vehicles.

Kalashnikov

Post by Kalashnikov » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:24 pm

Mike, can you do a Chi Mai by Ennio Morricone?