Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by B3DAWG » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:10 am

Cuda911 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:53 am Quote from the "unmentionable" site. Guess who made it:

"Dealing with Porsche owners everyday for the last 28 years has finally worn on me. I feel like a hard (impossible) to please, jerk when I sit in my own cars, after all these years. The 964 went to a new owner last week, and the others are slowly making their departure as I **try** to find buyers for them that have reasonable expectations."

This is not an exaggeration on his part. Working with him for the last year and a half has shown me the other "dark side" of running a Porsche business. I continue to help him manage all of his social media sites including the YouTube channel. I delete many emails that I know will set him off. I don't get why many people expect him to chime in on every aspect of their Porsche lives. People contact him regularly about technical advice on purchases. If he spent time calling each and every person, he wouldn't have time to do anything. But what gets under his skin is the entitlement attitude. As we all know, he doesn't mind calling someone out for being an idiot. They get so butt hurt it's laughable. haha They should be thankful he takes time out of his day to call and help them. But he's not going to be a warm and fuzzy guy when it comes to these cars. You don't have to like him, but you do have to respect him or don't bother contacting him, because you may get an ear full of kick-ass. That's just Jake. Nothing has changed.

Oh, and he is selling off all of his Porsches in his personal collection. He told me that only one he is keeping is the 912E just because it's been with him since the beginning of his business AND because it has a factory installed VW 4-cyl Aircooled engine in it. I'm sure all of you know the whole back story on the 912. Anyway, peace out folks!

p.s. RL still hates me, but they don't know me. Hey, that could be rock song. ha!

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:09 am

I don't understand his practice of telegraphing the fact that he apparently despises most of the people who comprise his customer pool - but it doesn't seem to hurt his business, so...rage on.
b3freak wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:10 amWorking with him for the last year and a half has shown me the other "dark side" of running a Porsche business. I continue to help him manage all of his social media sites including the YouTube channel. I delete many emails that I know will set him off.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

Renn Meister

Post by Renn Meister » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:19 am

I don't understand his practice of telegraphing the fact that he apparently despises most of the people who comprise his customer pool - but it doesn't seem to hurt his business, so...rage on.
I don't cover up feelings, or tell people things just to get their dollar. Someone on the other forum asked me why I was selling the Porsche's and I told the damn truth. I don't have to own 1/2 dozen of these cars to own a business building, and developing the engines for them. My 912E was considered a "bastard Porsche" because its a 911 with a VW engine from the factory, so it fits me perfectly, and has for the last 24 years.

I'm in the business of development, and building engines. This isn't a charity, or associated with the hospitality business, where everything is unicorns, and rainbows.

I am exactly who I am. I call a spade a spade, and if someone doesn't like it, there's a dozen playboys out there that can bolt an engine together, and kiss their ass they way they want it.
Last edited by Renn Meister on Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:29 am

5chn3ll wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:09 am I don't understand his practice of telegraphing the fact that he apparently despises most of the people who comprise his customer pool - but it doesn't seem to hurt his business, so...rage on.
b3freak wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:10 amWorking with him for the last year and a half has shown me the other "dark side" of running a Porsche business. I continue to help him manage all of his social media sites including the YouTube channel. I delete many emails that I know will set him off.
I don't want to speak for him, but a lot of the shitheads who call him or write him would never be his customer. They just want something for nothing and exhibit the entitlement attitude which really trips his trigger. I don't blame him for getting upset at that. I'll venture a guess the all of us have had to work with/for people that we would rather have throttled to within an inch of their lives. You are right he is booked up for the foreseeable future so carry-on!
Never gonna make you cry...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:33 am

5chn3ll wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:09 am I don't understand his practice of telegraphing the fact that he apparently despises most of the people who comprise his customer pool - but it doesn't seem to hurt his business, so...rage on.
Based on his post history, the people he is ragging on aren't the people he takes on as customers if he can avoid it as they are the people that don't listen and can't be pleased.

I don't get selling off cars based on how others act, but they're his and I get that sometimes it's just time for new hobbies.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:49 am

gnat wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:33 am
Based on his post history, the people he is ragging on aren't the people he takes on as customers if he can avoid it as they are the people that don't listen and can't be pleased.

I don't get selling off cars based on how others act, but they're his and I get that sometimes it's just time for new hobbies.
HHHMMM...if I only had a couple more garage stalls...and a wife who wouldn't gut me!
Never gonna make you cry...

Renn Meister

Post by Renn Meister » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:01 am

32wildbilly wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:49 am
gnat wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:33 am

HHHMMM...if I only had a couple more garage stalls...and a wife who wouldn't gut me!
I'd sell YOU anything! You are great!
964 left last week, 88 Carrera was sold yesterday. 356C Outlaw is next, followed by the 993. That'll get me close.Selling them without advertising them is a bit of a challenge.
I added a 1974 AM General M-151 to replace the 964, and replaced the 88 Carrera with a "Ma Deuce" 50 BMG Browning in full auto. I needed it to fit atop the 1942 M2A1 Half track.

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:11 am

That's probably at least three lifetimes' worth of gun control felonies here in the People's Democratic Republic of California. As of July 1 of last year, you can't even buy reloads at the range without paying for a background check.

It's VERY convenient.
Renn Meister wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:01 am replaced the 88 Carrera with a "Ma Deuce" 50 BMG Browning in full auto.

I'm not the quickest study, but I picked up on this quite some time ago...
Renn Meister wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:19 amI am exactly who I am. I call a spade a spade, and if someone doesn't like it[...]

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:46 pm

While we're on the topic of people Jake might want to back over with a half-track: any of you all (besides B3) members of the Facebook "The Porsche 996 Carrera owners page" page?

To paraphrase Obi Wan, you may never find a more wretched hive of asshattery. The "align your center caps with your valve stems" crowd is alive and well.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:03 pm

You are not doing anything to change my mind about banning FB from my life...

Never used. Never will. Running my own DNS servers in my house specifically to block accidental clicks and hidden tracking crap.