Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

User avatar
5chn3ll
Site Admin
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed May 16, 2018 12:56 pm

Allegedly, we Californians speak accent-free English - at least those of us who are not from the San Fernando Valley. Like, totally.

So we got that going for us...which is nice.

User avatar
32wildbilly
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Kneebraska

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed May 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Cuda911 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:54 am
Dr_Strangelove wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:48 am
Also pronouncing "oil" as "oal."
Or as "erl."
Seriously? It's "ALL"! At least in TX. I should know I used to be one of them folks...pardner.

User avatar
32wildbilly
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Kneebraska

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed May 16, 2018 1:16 pm

Dgi 07 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:44 am
Not guilty of the aforementioned linguistic errors but have made some before.
In my defense, I was born and raised in a Caribbean country that is known to butcher the English language and call it an accent.
Wait...you were born and raised and raised in a Caribbean country and you don't still live there!?

User avatar
Dgi 07
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:30 am
Location: People's Republic of New Jersey

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by Dgi 07 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:55 pm

32wildbilly wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:16 pm
Dgi 07 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:44 am
Not guilty of the aforementioned linguistic errors but have made some before.
In my defense, I was born and raised in a Caribbean country that is known to butcher the English language and call it an accent.
Wait...you were born and raised and raised in a Caribbean country and you don't still live there!?
Not all Caribbean countries are paradise. Trinidad has a population of 1.36m people and average well over 450 murder per year. all on 2 islands that are smaller than Delaware. Throw in kidnappings, robberies, sprinkling of rapes, the flow of drugs through the island, the lack of job opportunities, a corrupt Political and Justice system, and a general lack of thought from the residents, my parents decided it was a much better bet to live here.

No idea why they picked New Jersey, but its way to late for that now.
Here for entertainment purposes

User avatar
32wildbilly
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Kneebraska

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed May 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Dgi 07 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:55 pm
32wildbilly wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:16 pm
Dgi 07 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:44 am
Not guilty of the aforementioned linguistic errors but have made some before.
In my defense, I was born and raised in a Caribbean country that is known to butcher the English language and call it an accent.
Wait...you were born and raised and raised in a Caribbean country and you don't still live there!?
Not all Caribbean countries are paradise. Trinidad has a population of 1.36m people and average well over 450 murder per year. all on 2 islands that are smaller than Delaware. Throw in kidnappings, robberies, sprinkling of rapes, the flow of drugs through the island, the lack of job opportunities, a corrupt Political and Justice system, and a general lack of thought from the residents, my parents decided it was a much better bet to live here.

No idea why they picked New Jersey, but its way to late for that now.
Trinidad! Yeah, I worked with a kid from Trinidad in the early 70's in Chicago. Nice guy and he was thrilled to be here even though he lived on the south side of Chicago, which apparently was better than where he came from. Glad your parents got out. It does not sound pleasant.

User avatar
Kalashnikov
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by Kalashnikov » Wed May 16, 2018 5:39 pm

Trinidad someone said?


User avatar
DTMiller
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:50 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by DTMiller » Wed May 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Just saw 10 minutes of Fast Five and I just want to know what those cables are made out of.
2002 Guards Red Targa, Fister exhaust, H&R Sport Springs, semisolid motor mounts
1997 MX-5 track car
Friday at the Track, Chin Trackdays, TrackDaze HPDE Instructor
June 16, 2017 Funland GoKart Champion (6:13 p.m. main event)

User avatar
b3freak
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:46 am
Location: Gawga DAWG Country

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by b3freak » Fri May 18, 2018 7:15 am

It's a good week. I took my 996 out for a drive in the rain last night and let it sit on uneven payment. Me and the car survived. The car didn't complain either.

Maybe I should change my oil now? I'm thinkin' of going with that new Walmart generic brand. :D
2002 Porsche 996 Carrera - bare bones basic, but still a blast to drive! Heck, I don't even have PSM on it. Ha!

User avatar
32wildbilly
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Kneebraska

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri May 18, 2018 7:33 am

b3freak wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:15 am
It's a good week. I took my 996 out for a drive in the rain last night and let it sit on uneven payment. Me and the car survived. The car didn't complain either.

Maybe I should change my oil now? I'm thinkin' of going with that new Walmart generic brand. :D
Wait...these cars have windshield wipers!!?? You need to drop your engine and detail it with a tooth brush!

User avatar
b3freak
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:46 am
Location: Gawga DAWG Country

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by b3freak » Fri May 18, 2018 7:40 am

32wildbilly wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:33 am
b3freak wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:15 am
It's a good week. I took my 996 out for a drive in the rain last night and let it sit on uneven payment. Me and the car survived. The car didn't complain either.

Maybe I should change my oil now? I'm thinkin' of going with that new Walmart generic brand. :D
Wait...these cars have windshield wipers!!?? You need to drop your engine and detail it with a tooth brush!
mwhahahaha!!!

No joke, I haven't used the windshield wipes yet and so last night was the first time. When I went to turn them on, I had a strong feeling they may not work. hahaha Ugh... the forums have polluted my mind!

And yes, they worked.

tooth brush? ahhh... now that's a good idea. Wonder what the neighbors would think?
2002 Porsche 996 Carrera - bare bones basic, but still a blast to drive! Heck, I don't even have PSM on it. Ha!

Post Reply