Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:31 pm

Kalashnikov wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:55 pm The CLA story is blowing up. Guy posted his AG complaint and dealership response.

His whole complaint boils down to this:

I towed my car in after hours, gave keys to someone, told them there is no oil in the engine. On Monday they called me and said engine is blown. They owe me a new engine because they started my car and blew it up.

Genius!!!

DTM, quickly tow your Miata to a dealer this Sunday. Give the keys to the last person in the building and tell him to not start it. When they call you to inform you that your engine is blown...Ask them for a new one as they blew it up?
Take the race numbers and track diagrams off first.
Never gonna make you cry...

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:28 pm

Kalashnikov wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:55 pm The CLA story is blowing up. Guy posted his AG complaint and dealership response.
A 575 M!? :P
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

Kalashnikov
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by Kalashnikov » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:50 pm

You can't leave your garage blank on Benz forums... So I picked modest car to fill that slot.

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:02 pm

The CLA dude keeps saying that his oil light never came on but the report says the coolant light was flashing 7 times. Must not have been paying attention, anyway. Or was jamming on some sick 200 amp tunes.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

Kalashnikov

Post by Kalashnikov » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:36 pm

The OP in the CLA thread is burying himself, that's why that thread is entertaining.

If you read his submission to AG, it is beyond sad. It has multiple grammatical errors and does nothing to help his case. He clearly didn't bother to get even the most minimal legal help to help him draft the letter. He could have handled it so much better and actually had the real case.

DTMiller
"Special"

Post by DTMiller » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:58 am

I towed my car in after hours, gave keys to someone, told them there is no oil in the engine. On Monday they called me and said engine is blown. They owe me a new engine because they started my car and blew it up.

Genius!!!

DTM, quickly tow your Miata to a dealer this Sunday. Give the keys to the last person in the building and tell him to not start it. When they call you to inform you that your engine is blown...Ask them for a new one as they blew it up?
Genius! Look for the guy in charge, he usually has the brooms and windex, right?
2002 Guards Red Targa, Fister exhaust, H&R Sport Springs, semisolid motor mounts
1997 MX-5 track car
Friday at the Track, Chin Trackdays, SCCA WDCR Novice Classroom Instructor, SCDA, Audi Club Potomac, TrackDaze HPDE Instructor
June 16, 2017 Funland GoKart Champion (6:13 p.m. main event)
Willing to risk life for track time

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:52 am

DTMiller wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:58 am

Genius!!!

Genius! Look for the guy in charge, he usually has the brooms and windex, right?
Yea, this gives new meaning to "Don't shoot yourself in the foot Barney!", only the owner did it over and over and over again. As Kalash clearly pointed out, it's not that he drove it directly to the MB dealership on it's own power. It had to be towed. Plus, he allowed a non-MB shop look at it too instead of towing directly to MB. (wonder if they started the engine?) Didn't have the brains to remove all the remains of previous owner's aftermarket stereo system which quickly gave them evidence of tampering. Regardless, if the 200 amp aftermarket fuse was the root cause or not, the car was out of warranty, he drove it for almost 1000 miles with the CEL flashing, and admitted there was "No oil in it" as he claimed.

Now on the other hand, the dealership makes a couple of mistakes in their reporting. In the cover letter, the service manager notes that the owner installed an inline 200 fuse between the battery and alternator, but if you read the hand written notes (probably from the service tech?), you'll notice they mention the fuse was installed from the battery to the aftermarket stereo equipment in the truck. (Owner mentions that the sub woofer/amp was removed by the previous owner, but left the wiring connected) In theory, if the cable shorted out, this normally wouldn't cause an alternator to overheat, but since the cable had a 200 amp fuse installed which exceeds the maximum current output, the short could not only damage the battery, but also the connected alternator. Once the alternator overheats, it could seize thus causing the belt to melt from friction which of course, would affect other belt driven engine components.

The dealer also includes ECU print outs from VIN#WD3PE7CC0D5746630, but the owner's CLA45 VIN# is WDDSJ5CB6EN057853. The ECU prints outs are for a MB Sprinter Van and NOT the owner's CLA45 as Kalash mentions.

This is sloppy reporting by the dealership, but still doesn't warrant an engine replacement IMHO. The owner was careless and now thinks that slandering them on the internet will win him forum friends and influence the MB enemies. Oh, we'll see in time.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:23 am

JHC...if there's one thing that will make you age prematurely, it's having employees. Just...shit.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:10 am

Balls.png
Balls.png (246.52 KiB) Viewed 2168 times

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

DTMiller
"Special"

Post by DTMiller » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:00 am

Shiny!
IMG_20180608_135842.jpg
2002 Guards Red Targa, Fister exhaust, H&R Sport Springs, semisolid motor mounts
1997 MX-5 track car
Friday at the Track, Chin Trackdays, SCCA WDCR Novice Classroom Instructor, SCDA, Audi Club Potomac, TrackDaze HPDE Instructor
June 16, 2017 Funland GoKart Champion (6:13 p.m. main event)
Willing to risk life for track time