Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by B3DAWG » Sat May 11, 2019 5:41 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:17 pm
b3freak wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:00 pm

The difference is Raby would buy a real tank instead trying to convert a Bentley into one. :D
Every time I see a European military vehicle listed on BAT I wonder if Jake has seen it? I'm guessing he has!
We talked on the subject many times during our lunches. He purchases most of the military vehicles in his collection straight from the owners in Europe. It would blow you're mind how many people the man networks with over there. In fact, he pays to have someone personally examine ever vehicle he purchases. You can imagine all the scammers trying to get him to wire money over there. There have been a few times, his European partner has showed up to examine a military vehicle and it doesn't exist for one reason or another.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat May 11, 2019 6:39 pm

b3freak wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:41 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:17 pm

Every time I see a European military vehicle listed on BAT I wonder if Jake has seen it? I'm guessing he has!
We talked on the subject many times during our lunches. He purchases most of the military vehicles in his collection straight from the owners in Europe. It would blow you're mind how many people the man networks with over there. In fact, he pays to have someone personally examine ever vehicle he purchases. You can imagine all the scammers trying to get him to wire money over there. There have been a few times, his European partner has showed up to examine a military vehicle and it doesn't exist for one reason or another.
I guess that scam is all over the world these days. Back in the RL(dammit) days I went to rennfax a red turbo allegedly in a junky area of town. Nope...empty lot for some time.
Never gonna make you cry...

Kalashnikov

Post by Kalashnikov » Sun May 12, 2019 10:13 am

American car scams are fairly innocent compared to what you can see in former USSR. And frankly very few American car guys can even imagine the depth and complexity of organized auto crime that my country men have to deal with.

Basic example:

996/997 gets stolen from valet lot or home with base key. VIN plate and marked panels get duplicated from the same/similar car that is legally registered in the state. Title gets duplicated. Car gets listed from sale $5,000/$10,000 below market with traditional sob story with basic social engineering angle: guy getting a divorce, guy's kids are getting married, guy's wife got sick. Buyers start flooding in with interest, with wiser guys asking for a PPI. Unless PPI mechanic checks the VIN from OBD II read out and compares it to the listed number, the car passes the PPI. Seller asks buyer to complete the transaction for cash because he doesn't trust checks and would meet the buyer at his bank of choice to transfer the title. The service history can be created via the AdobePro by editing the existing receipts and service records to further put buyer's fears to rest. Buyer gets the title to drive away, and drives away thinking he got a deal. The music most likely ends during the first emission test or inspection where OBD II VIN doesn't match the one listed in the documents.

Buyer tries to contact the seller - the burner phone is long flushed down the toilet, the name and address on the title were fictional, and the cash is gone.

Here is a story of the car with TWO fake win plates grafted on top of the original plate. The car was sold as a FX37 from 2012, when in fact it is a 2009 FX35. The car was stolen at least twice.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun May 12, 2019 1:38 pm

Kalashnikov wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:13 am American car scams are fairly innocent compared to what you can see in former USSR. And frankly very few American car guys can even imagine the depth and complexity of organized auto crime that my country men have to deal with.

Basic example:

996/997 gets stolen from valet lot or home with base key. VIN plate and marked panels get duplicated from the same/similar car that is legally registered in the state. Title gets duplicated. Car gets listed from sale $5,000/$10,000 below market with traditional sob story with basic social engineering angle: guy getting a divorce, guy's kids are getting married, guy's wife got sick. Buyers start flooding in with interest, with wiser guys asking for a PPI. Unless PPI mechanic checks the VIN from OBD II read out and compares it to the listed number, the car passes the PPI. Seller asks buyer to complete the transaction for cash because he doesn't trust checks and would meet the buyer at his bank of choice to transfer the title. The service history can be created via the AdobePro by editing the existing receipts and service records to further put buyer's fears to rest. Buyer gets the title to drive away, and drives away thinking he got a deal. The music most likely ends during the first emission test or inspection where OBD II VIN doesn't match the one listed in the documents.

Buyer tries to contact the seller - the burner phone is long flushed down the toilet, the name and address on the title were fictional, and the cash is gone.
Here is a story of the car with TWO fake win plates grafted on top of the original plate. The car was sold as a FX37 from 2012, when in fact it is a 2009 FX35. The car was stolen at least twice.
Holy Crap! That's some sophisticated maneuvering.
Never gonna make you cry...

808Bill
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by 808Bill » Tue May 14, 2019 9:00 am

Ironic...Someone that doesn't like opinions or Taco's https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/1 ... tures.html
FSI-R40

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Tue May 14, 2019 9:27 am

Wow. That was some serious snowflake shit right there :lol:
  • Post pics to public forum
  • Make snide comment about other people's tastes
  • Ask for opinions
  • Cry like a baby when you get negative opinions
No one even mentioned him having the 4S vents on a narrow body car either. Or that he has one front caliper red while the other three are black... Talk about dumb looking...

Both calipers appear black:

Front caliper appears to be red in both pics while the rear is black:

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Tue May 14, 2019 9:30 am

Lots of butt-hurt.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Tue May 14, 2019 9:33 am

Damn. And I just noticed how bad the paint match is for that bumper vs the rest of the car. Nice job for someone with such an eye for detail :lol:

OceanBlue2000
Fresh out of funny, ask Frunk

Post by OceanBlue2000 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:46 am

At first I couldn't tell what they were talking about, but compared to the real font, this one looks absolutely goofy. I think he misunderstands: the script isn't a bad idea. Buying a knock-off script that isn't the script Porsche uses is the issue.
Mike
Strange things I have in head, that will to hand.
2000 Ocean Blue 996 Carrera 2
1982 928 (sold)

Kalashnikov

Post by Kalashnikov » Tue May 14, 2019 9:50 am

This may be the JI's wallpaper gluing cousin. :lol: