What did you do to/with your 996 today?

OceanBlue2000
Fresh out of funny, ask Frunk

Re: What did you do to/with your 996 today?

Post by OceanBlue2000 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:48 am

I had a fun Sunday! I took the 996 to take the boy to his flag football game down at the high school. After the game the key refused to go in the lock. Luckily the wife had her car to, so we were able to get home.

After some research, I went to autozone for the Duralast ignition switch. After contorting myself for half an hour (and buying the tiniest screwdriver I could find) I finally got the new part in. Now the key went in, but no start. It’s also very cold in the parking lot. Anyway, reinstalled everything and finally the car started. The slots where the screws go in is slightly different on this piece, I think tightening them too much moved the ignition part in the socket. In any case I’ve got an OEM one on the way from Pelican. At least the car is home.
Mike
Strange things I have in head, that will to hand.
2000 Ocean Blue 996 Carrera 2
1982 928 (sold)

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:57 pm

San Diego Region back-country tour today...150ish folks showed. Even got to harass 'Cuda for a bit...
20191117_090351.jpg

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:20 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:57 pm San Diego Region back-country tour today...150ish folks showed. Even got to harass 'Cuda for a bit...

20191117_090351.jpg
Holy chit! 150 cars or 150 people. Either way that looks like a crap load of cars.
Never gonna make you cry...

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:38 pm

The info I got was 150 cars registered, not sure if they all showed up.

Drivers' meeting was stupid big, too.
Drivers.png
Drivers.png (622.5 KiB) Viewed 1792 times

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:27 pm

I knew it was to good to last...there is something wrong with my car!

Tonight I went for a drive after dark. First time with the headlights on since I got it back. Turned left from a stoplight shifted to second gear at approximately 4,000rpm and matted the loud pedal. Something really weird happened the nose of the car lifted up making the adjustable headlights adjust down back to level! There must be something seriously wrong with my rear suspension...

:shock:

Einsteiger

Post by Einsteiger » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:34 pm

I had planned to go to the Porsche Club breakfast on Saturday and largely spend the weekend with the 911; cleaning the interior, leather stuff on the seats, etc. But a few days prior I got a phone call from the wife's brother in law in Omaha. He had two tickets to the Nebraska / Wisconsin game on the 16th, and his wife, [the spouse's sister] did not want to go. Since is was on my birthday, I accepted. So instead of driving the 911, we made the trek to Omaha and then the brother in law and I went down to Lincoln. It was the first time I had been in Memorial Stadium for a game since November of 1969. 50 years ago. The wife's family always had tickets over the years, but this was the first invite for me. PS: you don't just buy tickets....they are either inherited or obtained through the alumni association...and I've never joined.

The view was somewhat limited, but what do you want for a $100 nose-bleed seat in the north end zone?
Lincoln 11-16-19.jpg
Lincoln 11-16-19.jpg (382.4 KiB) Viewed 1789 times
Even though they lost the game, it was a great day weather wise and I did enough walking to skip the treadmill for the next few days. :) It was probably my last Husker game. Even taking the shuttle bus, it was a butt-load of walking...and climbing...for this old geezer. I guess I'm just not as dedicated as I once was.
Kevin
1999 C2 - Vesuvio Gray Metallic
Eastern Kansas

Einsteiger

Post by Einsteiger » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:36 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:27 pm I knew it was to good to last...there is something wrong with my car!

Tonight I went for a drive after dark. First time with the headlights on since I got it back. Turned left from a stoplight shifted to second gear at approximately 4,000rpm and matted the loud pedal. Something really weird happened the nose of the car lifted up making the adjustable headlights adjust down back to level! There must be something seriously wrong with my rear suspension...

It was probably a wheel stand due to all of the newly-acquired Flat 6 power!!

:shock:
Kevin
1999 C2 - Vesuvio Gray Metallic
Eastern Kansas

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:09 pm

Einsteiger wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:36 pm
It was probably a wheel stand due to all of the newly-acquired Flat 6 power!!
Not exactly a wheel stand but that was my point. The torque/hp was making the car squat like never before.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:14 am

Einsteiger wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:34 pm I had planned to go to the Porsche Club breakfast on Saturday and largely spend the weekend with the 911; cleaning the interior, leather stuff on the seats, etc. But a few days prior I got a phone call from the wife's brother in law in Omaha. He had two tickets to the Nebraska / Wisconsin game on the 16th, and his wife, [the spouse's sister] did not want to go. Since is was on my birthday, I accepted. So instead of driving the 911, we made the trek to Omaha and then the brother in law and I went down to Lincoln. It was the first time I had been in Memorial Stadium for a game since November of 1969. 50 years ago. The wife's family always had tickets over the years, but this was the first invite for me. PS: you don't just buy tickets....they are either inherited or obtained through the alumni association...and I've never joined.

The view was somewhat limited, but what do you want for a $100 nose-bleed seat in the north end zone?
Lincoln 11-16-19.jpg

Even though they lost the game, it was a great day weather wise and I did enough walking to skip the treadmill for the next few days. :) It was probably my last Husker game. Even taking the shuttle bus, it was a butt-load of walking...and climbing...for this old geezer. I guess I'm just not as dedicated as I once was.
Happy belated Birthday...you youngster you! :D

It's great that you got to go to the game. The weather was nice. Too bad they didn't win, but it has been a tough season...again. That venue is impressive. The first time I entered the stadium it took my breath away and I wasn't even a big fan at that time. Last game you went to in 1969 had to be a victory as they won all the games in November including kicking the crap out of Oklahoma! I quit going to the games a few years ago, just too much of a hassle. Besides all the games are on tv these days.

Dgi 07
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by Dgi 07 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:13 am

back after a pretty long hiatus.
Busy, MIL has been in and out of the hospital. 7 year old having attention problems in school. I'm back in school, you guys know, life.

Decided, it needed to be washed and waxed before the winter really hits. Look at this weather, then looked at the pile of homework I have due.....
Still haven't gotten to washing or waxing my damm car, but my homework is done.
5chn3ll wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:48 am ...an eternity of being sodomized by a giant phallus made of crushed, reformed ghost peppers.