Craigslist, ebay, Amazon and other online finds

User avatar
gnat
Robot Taskmaster
Posts: 2084
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:54 am
Location: If you knew, you'd move

Re: Craigslist, ebay, Amazon and other online finds

Post by gnat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:58 pm

I had finally forgiven him for that you insensitive jerk!

User avatar
32wildbilly
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 2574
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Kneebraska

Re: Craigslist, ebay, Amazon and other online finds

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:26 pm

gnat wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:58 pm
I had finally forgiven him for that you insensitive jerk!
Apparently not!

User avatar
32wildbilly
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 2574
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Kneebraska

Re: Craigslist, ebay, Amazon and other online finds

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:59 pm

FRUNKenstein wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:35 am
Well, it looks like my old ‘99 C4 aero is up for sale again, but this time the asking price has risen from $16,500 (last summer) to $19,999.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 84617.html

So, I guess a flipper bought it. As a data point, I paid $18,000 for it in 2013 and sold it 2 years, 15,000 miles and a hail damage claim (repaired) later for $15,750. Since I netted over $2,000 on the hail damage claim (thanks to my buddy at “The Dent Team”) and had minimal maintenance costs and sold it without trying, I felt pretty happy about the deal.

5A65637E-E298-4408-B271-A9649EAB4EA1.jpeg

5BB2BDAF-BEB5-47C4-85F1-73608C4740ED.jpeg
I just noticed the ad says car has 166,000 miles! Holy Sh!t! I thought all the cars self destructed at 85,000. How can this be true? That has to be a misprint...right?

User avatar
b3freak
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:46 am
Location: Gawga DAWG Country

Re: Craigslist, ebay, Amazon and other online finds

Post by b3freak » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:57 pm

32wildbilly wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:59 pm
FRUNKenstein wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:35 am
Well, it looks like my old ‘99 C4 aero is up for sale again, but this time the asking price has risen from $16,500 (last summer) to $19,999.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 84617.html

So, I guess a flipper bought it. As a data point, I paid $18,000 for it in 2013 and sold it 2 years, 15,000 miles and a hail damage claim (repaired) later for $15,750. Since I netted over $2,000 on the hail damage claim (thanks to my buddy at “The Dent Team”) and had minimal maintenance costs and sold it without trying, I felt pretty happy about the deal.

5A65637E-E298-4408-B271-A9649EAB4EA1.jpeg

5BB2BDAF-BEB5-47C4-85F1-73608C4740ED.jpeg
I just noticed the ad says car has 166,000 miles! Holy Sh!t! I thought all the cars self destructed at 85,000. How can this be true? That has to be a misprint...right?
It being a '99 model is a testament to the build quality and it seems there are a lot of the early model 996 cars with more than 150K+ miles. I wish I could say the same for the mk2 M96 cars. Guess it sucks being Porsche knowing you had a pretty darn good bearing in the '99 model only to shoot yourself in the foot with the single row. :(
2002 Porsche 996 Carrera - bare bones basic, but still a blast to drive! Heck, I don't even have PSM on it. Ha!

User avatar
FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:02 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS
Contact:

Re: Craigslist, ebay, Amazon and other online finds

Post by FRUNKenstein » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:55 pm

32wildbilly wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:17 pm
FRUNKenstein wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:35 am
Well, it looks like my old ‘99 C4 aero is up for sale again, but this time the asking price has risen from $16,500 (last summer) to $19,999.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 84617.html

So, I guess a flipper bought it. As a data point, I paid $18,000 for it in 2013 and sold it 2 years, 15,000 miles and a hail damage claim (repaired) later for $15,750. Since I netted over $2,000 on the hail damage claim (thanks to my buddy at “The Dent Team”) and had minimal maintenance costs and sold it without trying, I felt pretty happy about the deal.

5A65637E-E298-4408-B271-A9649EAB4EA1.jpeg

5BB2BDAF-BEB5-47C4-85F1-73608C4740ED.jpeg
So this is the infamous car you were supposed to offer to a forum friend that you didn't...right?
Well, my forum friend probably could have bought that car for $15,000 or less last summer, and I would have even delivered it to him for free since my son works right next door to him. :D
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4 Guards Red
1987 951 Guards Red

2006 955S Arctic Silver
2006 955S Lapis Blue
Gone but not forgotten: 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red

User avatar
gnat
Robot Taskmaster
Posts: 2084
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:54 am
Location: If you knew, you'd move

Re: Craigslist, ebay, Amazon and other online finds

Post by gnat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:56 pm

OK. I have to object to the way "friend" is being thrown around here.

Here are some suggestions when talking about my relationship with FrunkyMonkey:
adversary
competitor
enemy
foe
opponent
rival
backbiter
betrayer
defiler

User avatar
32wildbilly
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 2574
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Kneebraska

Re: Craigslist, ebay, Amazon and other online finds

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:43 am

gnat wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:56 pm
OK. I have to object to the way "friend" is being thrown around here.

Here are some suggestions when talking about my relationship with FrunkyMonkey:
adversary
competitor
enemy
foe
opponent
rival
backbiter
betrayer
defiler
See! Told you there was still some unresolved hostility over the car. The tension was palatable. :lol: It is a pretty car though.

User avatar
FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:02 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS
Contact:

Re: Craigslist, ebay, Amazon and other online finds

Post by FRUNKenstein » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Well, another opportunity for my boon companion to lay hands on another black ‘99 aero kit car. This one is located about 1 1/2 hours south of KC, but only about 30 minutes from my mom’s house. So if anyone is seriously interested, I’d make the road trip to see it as I’ll be down that way over the weekend. C2, 6 speed, 130k miles, tan interior with some carbon fiber trim. Asking $15,500.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/d ... 77248.html
27C2FD07-06D1-437E-912F-204350DAEFCC.jpeg
27C2FD07-06D1-437E-912F-204350DAEFCC.jpeg (90.22 KiB) Viewed 245 times
5BA7078D-8259-479A-BCD2-5EF3D7411FB1.jpeg
5BA7078D-8259-479A-BCD2-5EF3D7411FB1.jpeg (40.05 KiB) Viewed 245 times
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4 Guards Red
1987 951 Guards Red

2006 955S Arctic Silver
2006 955S Lapis Blue
Gone but not forgotten: 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red

User avatar
gnat
Robot Taskmaster
Posts: 2084
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:54 am
Location: If you knew, you'd move

Re: Craigslist, ebay, Amazon and other online finds

Post by gnat » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:40 pm

Hmmm... I could definitely throw that interior in the trash for track duty...

Does that front bumper look off to anyone else? The angles for the lower area as they wrap around the sides don't look quite right to me. Maybe it's just angle/lighting though.

User avatar
DTMiller
"Special"
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:50 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Craigslist, ebay, Amazon and other online finds

Post by DTMiller » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:11 pm

Buy frunks car and I'll roll it for you.
2002 Guards Red Targa, Fister exhaust, H&R Sport Springs, semisolid motor mounts
1997 MX-5 track car
Friday at the Track, Chin Trackdays, SCCA, SCDA, Audi Club Potomac, TrackDaze HPDE Instructor
June 16, 2017 Funland GoKart Champion (6:13 p.m. main event)
Willing to risk life for track time

Post Reply