996 renovation advice

jason donegan
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

996 renovation advice

Post by jason donegan » Tue May 08, 2018 2:55 am

Hi guys
Here's a cry for help.
I have a 2004 carrera4s which from the outside looks very nice, but closer inspection requires a fair bit of cosmetic 'renovation' to bring it up to the usual level of quality.

One of the tasks on the ever increasing list of jobs is to replace the inner front wheel arches.

My question is are these generally available used or am I going to need to source them from the main dealer.
Also,cannot use standard 996 or carerra2 parts or are or do I need 4s

Hope this all makes sense.....

Cheers

Jason

TheDeckMan
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Re: 996 renovation advice

Post by TheDeckMan » Tue May 08, 2018 4:18 am

Hi Jason,

Are you talking about the inner wheel liners? Or are you talking fenders?

Both are not terrible to replace without too much work, fender liners takes about 20 minutes or so a side to replace on jack stands. Replacing the fenders is not too much work either.

Both parts can be chased down on car-parts.com or from DC-Auto.
996TT - Widowmaker Project -RWD, UMW Tune, H&R RSS, Phenix Engineering Control Arms/LCA's, GT3 6 Pistons, SpeedTech 3" X-Pipe, Ported Headers, 997 GT3 Shifter, GT3 Buckets, GT2 Clutch/PP, GT2RS IC's, RSS Roll Bar, GT3 Brake Ducts, Joe Toth Aero/Ducts, Champion Thrust Arms
997TT - LSD, Chrono , UMW Tune, DSC, Phenix Engineering Toe Links & LCA Bushings, Tubi Race, 3" eRams, 964RS Engine Mounts
Audi TT Track Car
Corrado SLC
https://phenixengineering.com/

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Tue May 08, 2018 6:19 am

jason donegan wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:55 am Hi guys
Here's a cry for help.
I have a 2004 carrera4s which from the outside looks very nice, but closer inspection requires a fair bit of cosmetic 'renovation' to bring it up to the usual level of quality.

One of the tasks on the ever increasing list of jobs is to replace the inner front wheel arches.

My question is are these generally available used or am I going to need to source them from the main dealer.

Hope this all makes sense.....

Cheers

Jason
If you're talking about the inside plastic liners, you should know that the wheel-housing inner liner for the C4S is different than the Carreras. (ref pic) You can purchase the liner sections from Porsche brand new for about $100 - $141.00 each. You may be able to locate them on eBay for about half that amount.
porschewheelliner.jpeg
porschewheelliner.jpeg (26.13 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
porschewheelliner2.jpeg
porschewheelliner2.jpeg (40.08 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
porschewheelliner3.jpeg
porschewheelliner3.jpeg (39.07 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
porschewheelliner4.jpeg
porschewheelliner4.jpeg (35.68 KiB) Viewed 1633 times

SealGrauWailer

Post by SealGrauWailer » Tue May 08, 2018 11:13 am

jason donegan wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:55 am Hi guys
Here's a cry for help.

You already have some good input; my advice is to figure out a budget you are comfortable with. Use free time to map out the overall plan and chip away at it each month. That way you have time to think through and plan each update, the budget doesn't give you a migraine, and you'll get to whittle away the 'to do' list. I've done a lot more than I planned to do on my Carrera, so you're in good company.
03 c2 / imsS / drop links, spacers & sways / fisters, sport headers & plenum / console delete & 997 shifter

the artist formerly known as TonyTwoBags