02 Roller Landed in My Lap!

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: 02 Roller Landed in My Lap!

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:25 pm

808Bill wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:32 pm The eagle has landed. Had it towed to my warehouse and then I had to leave. I will go down later today to get acquainted...Just told my wife about the new project too and it went over well!
16083537.jpg
16083537.jpg (36.07 KiB) Viewed 2389 times
Never gonna make you cry...

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:40 pm

Now we gotta get that frunk open. How much power have you shot into it so far? In the O T H E R thread the one guy mentioned "more juice, more open." Have you tried a fresh battery rather than just a jumper?
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:03 am

808Bill wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:32 pmJust told my wife about the new project too and it went over well!
Went over well like "sure honey, I never wanted some new jewelry and shoes anyway" or "the roller is my new 1 bedroom apartment"? :lol:

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by B3DAWG » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:02 am

808Bill wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:32 pm The eagle has landed. Had it towed to my warehouse and then I had to leave. I will go down later today to get acquainted...Just told my wife about the new project too and it went over well!
Ha! I love it! As they say, "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than asking for permission". ;)

808Bill
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by 808Bill » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:24 am

b3freak wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:02 am
Ha! I love it! As they say, "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than asking for permission". ;)
Had some "splaining" to do, but overall she gets it. :D I pay the F'n bills around here anyway!
FSI-R40

B3DAWG

Re: 911 (HELP) F'n Frunk Lock Out

Post by B3DAWG » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:36 am

808Bill wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:24 am I've searched and read and looked and that damn cable is nowhere to be found. Thank goodness the PO pulled the wheel locks lugs. Took the tire off and pulled the fender liner.
I can see a lot of leaves in the rad area and obviously need to pull the bumper. Will I be able to with out opening the Frunk?
No luck using a heavy duty jumper box or spare battery at the fuse box emergency terminal.
I did find the one in the rear and discovered the lid strut is shot (the hard way) lol.
https://www.renntech.org/forums/uplo...357588109.jpeg
I know what I'm looking for but I'm not seeing it from the wheel well.

I can see a little faded and brittle looking red (see link below) thing in the gap just left of the hood emblem...Can I slide it to the right and open it that way?

Regarding accessing the frunk since the battery is dead...

You need to imagine yourself as the world renowned expert proctologist. You must noddle you hand up the front bumper on the passenger side air duct. The air is not locked to the front bumper. Once you get the air duct opened, you then noddle around above it to locate the manual release cable. (see picture) It usually lays on top of the air duct as shown in the picture. You might trying using a flash light and small dental mirror to locate it. Of course, if you have a borescope, then it would be easier to find it. You can buy cheapos for your iPhone. Good luck!
manualcable2.jpg
manualcable2.jpg (129.16 KiB) Viewed 2371 times

808Bill

Post by 808Bill » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:33 am

b3freak wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:36 am
808Bill wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:24 am I've searched and read and looked and that damn cable is nowhere to be found. Thank goodness the PO pulled the wheel locks lugs. Took the tire off and pulled the fender liner.
I can see a lot of leaves in the rad area and obviously need to pull the bumper. Will I be able to with out opening the Frunk?
No luck using a heavy duty jumper box or spare battery at the fuse box emergency terminal.
I did find the one in the rear and discovered the lid strut is shot (the hard way) lol.
https://www.renntech.org/forums/uplo...357588109.jpeg
I know what I'm looking for but I'm not seeing it from the wheel well.

I can see a little faded and brittle looking red (see link below) thing in the gap just left of the hood emblem...Can I slide it to the right and open it that way?

Regarding accessing the frunk since the battery is dead...

You need to imagine yourself as the world renowned expert proctologist. You must noddle you hand up the front bumper on the passenger side air duct. The air is not locked to the front bumper. Once you get the air duct opened, you then noddle around above it to locate the manual release cable. (see picture) It usually lays on top of the air duct as shown in the picture. You might trying using a flash light and small dental mirror to locate it. Of course, if you have a borescope, then it would be easier to find it. You can buy cheapos for your iPhone. Good luck!

manualcable2.jpg
Great pic, just what I wanted to see! I noodled from the wheel well area and could not see or feel the cable. Not sure if it's because of the headlights being in place but I will try from the air ducts. I have long arms but also wide fore arms so tight spots are well tight. Thank you for your help. On paper this should have taken 15 min to jump the fuse box, but noooooo, I have to go noodling!

Can I even get in above that duct with the bumper and light in place?
FSI-R40

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:43 am

808Bill wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:33 am Can I even get in above that duct with the bumper and light in place?
Yes, it may be harder to access, but... YOU CAN DO IT! hhahaha

Here's a picture of my '03 Carrera Cab when I was cleaning the radiators. You can see how Porsche routes the cable. Some people pull it out and tape it near the edge of the air ducts to make it easier to find. Hope this helps!
frontcable3.jpg

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:06 pm

I may have missed something, but do you know have the key and/or access to the cabin? Is the frunk latch jumper not working from there?

As far as the location of the wire pull it's very much a YMMV situation. You could never count on an exact location from the factory and if the bumper has ever come off for any reason (rad cleaning, replacement/repaint, etc..) then all bets are off as to if it is even accessible :(

808Bill

Post by 808Bill » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:27 pm

gnat wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:06 pm I may have missed something, but do you know have the key and/or access to the cabin? Is the frunk latch jumper not working from there?

As far as the location of the wire pull it's very much a YMMV situation. You could never count on an exact location from the factory and if the bumper has ever come off for any reason (rad cleaning, replacement/repaint, etc..) then all bets are off as to if it is even accessible :(
Key yes, fuse block jumper not working for me with heavy duty jump box or spare battery. Next up is engine bay jump point with a running vehicle for power. And more noodling because I will not be beat!
b3, clearly I've been fishing in the wrong place. I thought it was between the headlight and tray it sits on like the one in the rear.
Thanks, this really helps me narrow it down.
FSI-R40