Bore Scoring! Who knows for whom the bell tolls...

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: Bore Scoring! Who knows for whom the bell tolls...

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:30 am

gnat wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:12 am
DTMiller wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:40 am I got's no time for a stupid fight about whether someone knows what they know.
Agreed and we haven't seen that. I was referring to the the game of seeing how long it took for those without Mod access to guess who it was :P
Cuda911 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:06 am Ok, ok, I give. Who is Mr. Meister?
Well since you don't have a m96 anymore it really doesn't matter to you :P
It didn't take some of US very long...
Never gonna make you cry...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:37 am

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:27 am
Cuda911 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:06 am

Ok, ok, I give. Who is Mr. Meister?
The NAME has been changed to protect the innocent!
Or more likely to avoid the trolls...

Speaking of, this is the first and last thread I plan to let be derailed over personal views about Mr Meister. If he posts to help someone I'm not going to let threads devolve into the trollish bickering about if he is right or not that we have seen elsewhere. He offers his help and knowledge here and in other forums for free and many of us greatly appreciate it when he does. People are free to question him and his methods, but they can do it somewhere other than a thread where someone is getting help.

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by B3DAWG » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:42 am

gnat wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:37 am
32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:27 am

The NAME has been changed to protect the innocent!

Speaking of, this is the first and last thread I plan to let be derailed over personal views about Mr Meister. If he posts to help someone I'm not going to let threads devolve into the trollish bickering about if he is right or not that we have seen elsewhere. He offers his help and knowledge here and in other forums for free and many of us greatly appreciate it when he does. People are free to question him and his methods, but they can do it somewhere other than a thread where someone is getting help.
AMEN!!!! Hallelujah! Finally *fair* moderating! He gives a hard pill to swallow sometimes, but when people start in on him about his forum demeanor just makes me sick every time!

Cuda911
Possum Hauler

Post by Cuda911 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:04 am

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:30 am
gnat wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:12 am
Agreed and we haven't seen that. I was referring to the the game of seeing how long it took for those without Mod access to guess who it was :P

Well since you don't have a m96 anymore it really doesn't matter to you :P
Meister have initials MB?
Mike

'68 Ford Custom 500; '70 Plymouth Cuda; '71 Ford Econoline; 73 Porsche 914 1.7, '74 Porsche 914 1.8; '74 Suzuki TC185; '86 Suzuki GS450L; '88 Subaru GL104WD Turbo Ltd Edn;; '88 Subaru XT; '91 Lexus ES250; '93 Jeep Wrangler, '99 Porsche Boxster, '03 Turbo VW Beetle; '03 Porsche Boxster; '03 Porsche Carrera C2; '07 Porsche Cayman, '11 BMW 328i, '12 Porsche 991 S, '14 Porsche Cayman, & a mishmash of other vehicles.

OceanBlue2000
Fresh out of funny, ask Frunk

Post by OceanBlue2000 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:30 am

First, sorry this happened to you. I don't know how crappy I would feel if this happened to me.

On that note, a question to RennMaster or anyone else -- is bore scoring more prevalent in certain engines? I have heard that when Porsche increased the bore sizes for the 3.6 engines, the bores took up room that otherwise would have been taken up by coolant passages, therefore parts of some cylinders run hotter, which then leads to bore scoring. I have no doubt I have gotten part but most likely all of this theory incorrect.

I guess the base question is whether this is more prevalent in the larger 3.6 engines? Just curious.
Mike
Strange things I have in head, that will to hand.
2000 Ocean Blue 996 Carrera 2
1982 928 (sold)

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:40 am

gnat wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:37 am

I don't feel this thread has been derailed. This all kind of exciting and if future ones do please leave enough time for the supporting people to lash back.
thumbs-up-sign_1f44d.jpg
thumbs-up-sign_1f44d.jpg (7.15 KiB) Viewed 2309 times
Last edited by 32wildbilly on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:44 am

Cuda911 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:04 am
32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:30 am

Meister have initials MB?
Clearly* :roll:

* For the record, I have no objection to that person joining us. I have a problem if he does and wants to act as he previously has though.

Renn Meister

Post by Renn Meister » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:31 am

Guys, I added a signature to end the questions.

To keep things simple, and without issues I am likely going to just watch threads and send messages to those whom I believe I can help independently. This forum seems a lot more level- headed than others, so maybe it'll work out.

I spoke to Billy today, his case is classic, and I am going to use a lot of what he has experienced in my videos.
We'll see what happens.

I de-railed a thread without even trying, and by doing nothing more than just making a technical post. I can't stay out of trouble no matter how hard I try.
On that note, a question to RennMaster or anyone else -- is bore scoring more prevalent in certain engines? I have heard that when Porsche increased the bore sizes for the 3.6 engines, the bores took up room that otherwise would have been taken up by coolant passages, therefore parts of some cylinders run hotter, which then leads to bore scoring. I have no doubt I have gotten part but most likely all of this theory incorrect.

I guess the base question is whether this is more prevalent in the larger 3.6 engines? Just curious.
This isn't an issue with one single determining factor for failure. From direct experience we have not noted any differences related to heat. The leading contributors are typically not associated with over- temperature operation.

TheDeckMan
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by TheDeckMan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:42 am

Great to have you on here RennMaster :beer:
996TT - Widowmaker Project -RWD, UMW Tune, H&R RSS, Phenix Engineering Control Arms/LCA's, GT3 6 Pistons, SpeedTech 3" X-Pipe, Ported Headers, 997 GT3 Shifter, GT3 Buckets, GT2 Clutch/PP, GT2RS IC's, RSS Roll Bar, GT3 Brake Ducts, Joe Toth Aero/Ducts, Champion Thrust Arms
997TT - LSD, Chrono , UMW Tune, DSC, Phenix Engineering Toe Links & LCA Bushings, Tubi Race, 3" eRams, 964RS Engine Mounts
Audi TT Track Car
Corrado SLC
https://phenixengineering.com/

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:43 am

Renn Meister wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:31 am Guys, I added a signature to end the questions.

To keep things simple, and without issues I am likely going to just watch threads and send messages to those whom I believe I can help independently. This forum seems a lot more level- headed than others, so maybe it'll work out.

I spoke to Billy today, his case is classic, and I am going to use a lot of what he has experienced in my videos.
We'll see what happens.

I de-railed a thread without even trying, and by doing nothing more than just making a technical post. I can't stay out of trouble no matter how hard I try.
YOU are just a troublemaker!! :roll: :lol: