Bore Scoring! Who knows for whom the bell tolls...

User avatar
32wildbilly
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 2091
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Kneebraska

Re: Hallelujah!

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:01 am

b3freak wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:15 am
Renn Meister wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:44 am
B3 has a nice skill set.. You’ll probably be seeing him around here more often!
excited.gif
Didn't you mean this...
giphy-30.gif
giphy-30.gif (1.81 MiB) Viewed 69 times

User avatar
gnat
Robot Taskmaster
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:54 am
Location: If you knew, you'd move

Re: Bore Scoring! Who knows for whom the bell tolls...

Post by gnat » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:11 am

Renn Meister wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:44 am
B3 has a nice skill set.. You’ll probably be seeing him around here more often!
Hmmm... Sounds like Marine code for "I like a challenge when hunting and he hides good" :lol:

Seriously though, unless my senior moments are starting WAY too early in life, I noticed in the list of impacted cars that the 987 was called out, but the 986 wasn't. Omission for space or is there something different about the 986's variant of the motor that helps with this issue?

User avatar
gnat
Robot Taskmaster
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:54 am
Location: If you knew, you'd move

Re: Hallelujah!

Post by gnat » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:12 am

32wildbilly wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:01 am
b3freak wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:15 am


excited.gif
Didn't you mean this...

giphy-30.gif
Hmmm... I know KC's new profile pic the next time he irritates me :twisted: :lol:

Renn Meister
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:42 pm

Re: Bore Scoring! Who knows for whom the bell tolls...

Post by Renn Meister » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:12 pm

gnat wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:11 am
Renn Meister wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:44 am
B3 has a nice skill set.. You’ll probably be seeing him around here more often!
Hmmm... Sounds like Marine code for "I like a challenge when hunting and he hides good" :lol:

Seriously though, unless my senior moments are starting WAY too early in life, I noticed in the list of impacted cars that the 987 was called out, but the 986 wasn't. Omission for space or is there something different about the 986's variant of the motor that helps with this issue?
We’ve never seen the first 986 engine with bore scoring. They do not use forged pistons, and do not have ferrostan coated skirts.
Jake Raby

User avatar
b3freak
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:46 am
Location: Gawga DAWG Country

Re: Bore Scoring! Who knows for whom the bell tolls...

Post by b3freak » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:30 am

Looks like Part 2 is finished up and ready for YouTube next week. Parts 3-7 will require more shooting and so we'll have to get that scheduled around Raby's super tight schedule. I'm awaiting for his team to alert me about production dates at the moment.
2002 Porsche 996 Carrera - bare bones basic, but still a blast to drive! Heck, I don't even have PSM on it. Ha!

Post Reply