@#$& horn!

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: @#$& horn!

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:17 pm

Hey what about a cigarette lighter input battery maintainer? Probably a long shot as they usually won't start working unless there is a minimal voltage on hand already.
Never gonna make you cry...

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 pm

Only other suggestion I got is sell it as a roller...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:46 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 pm Only other suggestion I got is sell it as a roller...
Assuming it worked, I would still have the horn problem to deal with :P

What I suspect is that the battery is so low that the alarm going off is drawing down too much for anything else to work. If I can get the alarm to shut up so I can just leave it connected for a few minutes I expect/hope that I should then let me pop the frunk as desired.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:10 pm

gnat wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:46 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 pm Only other suggestion I got is sell it as a roller...

What I suspect is that the battery is so low that the alarm going off is drawing down too much for anything else to work. If I can get the alarm to shut up so I can just leave it connected for a few minutes I expect/hope that I should then let me pop the frunk as desired.
HHHMMM...here's a thought pull a battery cable off to stop the parasitic drag from the...Uh...never mind...Carry-on...nothing to see here.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:40 am

That's why I was suggesting getting into the rear trunk - attach a second battery to the big-ass + post in the rear trunk, and at least maybe get enough current to get the alarm to shut off.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:18 am

gnat wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Any progress on this issue or did you sit around all weekend eating Peeps with the kids?

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:10 pm

Nope. Haven't messed with it anymore. Don't have anywhere to go that would give the battery a good charge after I jump it.

At some point I'll just bite the bullet and accept I'll need to buy a new battery and then see if my Indy will do a house call or get AAA to take it to him.

DTMiller
"Special"

Post by DTMiller » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:35 pm

gnat wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:10 pm Nope. Haven't messed with it anymore. Don't have anywhere to go that would give the battery a good charge after I jump it.

At some point I'll just bite the bullet and accept I'll need to buy a new battery and then see if my Indy will do a house call or get AAA to take it to him.
Boooooooooooooooo
2002 Guards Red Targa, Fister exhaust, H&R Sport Springs, semisolid motor mounts
1997 MX-5 track car
Friday at the Track, Chin Trackdays, SCCA WDCR Novice Classroom Instructor, SCDA, Audi Club Potomac, TrackDaze HPDE Instructor
June 16, 2017 Funland GoKart Champion (6:13 p.m. main event)
Willing to risk life for track time

wyovino
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by wyovino » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:34 am

You should be able to open the engine lid without a working battery - you can on my '00, not sure about the '01. If so, you can use the jump points in the engine compartment to pop the frunk.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:04 am

wyovino wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:34 am You should be able to open the engine lid without a working battery - you can on my '00, not sure about the '01. If so, you can use the jump points in the engine compartment to pop the frunk.
At some point (01 I guess?) they switched the frunk and bonnet to have electric latches rather than the physical cables of the earlier cars. Nice, until your battery is this dead :(