HOOVIE is at is again.... More on the LS Swap

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

HOOVIE is at is again.... More on the LS Swap

Post by B3DAWG » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:27 am

Hoovie is dumping more money into the money pit of a car. I bet he's easily exceeded $30,000. Check it out...

hoovie.jpeg
hoovie.jpeg (90.38 KiB) Viewed 3353 times

B-ran

Re: HOOVIE is at is again.... More on the LS Swap

Post by B-ran » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:52 pm

b3freak wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:27 am Hoovie is dumping more money into the money pit of a car. I bet he's easily exceeded $30,000. Check it out...

hoovie.jpeg
Personally I think he planned to do it from the get go. Only a complete fucking asshat would have kept driving the car after hearing the noises it was making. I also am not a fan of the LS conversions, simply because I am a romantic at heart and that flat six is the heart and soul of the 911. I’m not religiously against it, just kind of “ick” in my mind.
99 C2 Aero that had its fried eggs surgically removed by a previous owner.

Groovzilla

Post by Groovzilla » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:09 pm

what a freakin douchebag
2005 997 S - Atlas grey w/Full black leather

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:10 pm

I think he is just such an asshat.

That car was something special in that it bucked all the hysteria of the 996 and had gone a quarter million miles. He even milked the hell out of that to draw in viewers/fans

If he had picked up any old 996 either without a motor or with it on it's last legs, fine. Run it till it blows and then put whatever lump you want in there.

That car, however, deserved far better.

The only video I want to see involving that piece of garbage is someone parking Apollo halfway up his ass.

Can I ban people for posting his videos? Is that too jackbooted?

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:16 pm

Well, at least he's is a self-proclaimed idiot instead of one who tries to act like he's not. His video are rather painful to watch, but many people find them entertaining and that has made him a lot of money on YouTube. (which he admits from time to time)

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:21 pm

That's part of the problem though. If he was just a regular 996 owner that decided to forego upkeep to run it into the ground and "justify" an engine swap I would say "more power to him".

Instead he is just doing it for the drama and to make some money in the process. It's a free market, so more power to him to find as many suckers as he can. I won't seek his videos out just to rail on them, but if they come "across my desk" I'll certainly say my piece :mrgreen:

Come back tomorrow and I'll let you know how I really feel about him :twisted:

B-ran

Post by B-ran » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:27 pm

gnat wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:21 pm That's part of the problem though. If he was just a regular 996 owner that decided to forego upkeep to run it into the ground and "justify" an engine swap I would say "more power to him".

Instead he is just doing it for the drama and to make some money in the process. It's a free market, so more power to him to find as many suckers as he can. I won't seek his videos out just to rail on them, but if they come "across my desk" I'll certainly say my piece :mrgreen:

Come back tomorrow and I'll let you know how I really feel about him :twisted:

Well the funny thing is, I don’t think he is making all that much from those videos, definitely not enough to cover costs. From what I have heard if you have say three or four hundred thousand views you might make a few hundred bucks. Definitely not the many thousands required to cover the car or conversion. He would have to be in the many millions of views to get that.
99 C2 Aero that had its fried eggs surgically removed by a previous owner.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:33 pm

I was careful not to say "profit" ;) :lol:

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:46 pm

Keep in mind, guys, that Hoovie is an Autotrader.com (Oversteer) employee to boot... The thing with Hoovie is his shtick, which has always been his shtick, is buying cars that are notoriously expensive to maintain for as little as possible with the expectation that everything will go wrong... for entertainment value. Whether you consider this entertainment or not is the magic of YouTube. But this is the same shtick he did for Jalopnik and now for Auto Trader ever since Auto Trader decided it was going to start playing the content creation game?? :?:

The Auto Trader connection explains why he only has 235k subs but each video hits his subscriber number or better. For Youtube this is definitely a phenomenon. So, with my somewhat limited knowledge of how YT monetization works, averaging 200,000 views per vid, he's getting a few thousand dollars per month, guaranteed. BUT THEN, there's Patreon :!:

I have a good friend that has a somewhat successful channel that averages 35,000 views per vid. Between his supporters and his ad revenue from YT he's making about $1,600/Mo. extra on top of his day job. Not bad for a hobby...

Oh, yeah, on topic, I like Hoovie because I don't take him seriously. Start taking dudes like this as anything more than entertainment and they will definitely make you mad. For that matter I (used to) love Jeremy Clarkson but I would never actually follow his advice.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

Kalashnikov

Post by Kalashnikov » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:00 pm

So, 996-Outposters Youtube Channel coming up?

Today on the Outposters.

Schnell wears a hat.

Kalash tries on a shirt.

And Cuda buys another car.