UPDATE! RE: memberships on our YouTube channel

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: UPDATE! RE: memberships on our YouTube channel

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:32 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:22 pm His twin brother shot Lee Harvey Oswald.
Right...that's right! I knew I had heard that name before. :roll:
Never gonna make you cry...

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by B3DAWG » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:00 pm

You guys are killing me! hahahah

Most people mistakingly call him "Jack" instead of Jake. Oh well.

Seriously, I think I've convinced Jake to produce some Aircooled Porsche/VW videos. Believe it or not, a lot bigger crowd than the water-cooled people and they don't claim he's a fear monger either. It's different world for him. We have the Vintage Volkswagen Club of America wanting to team up with us. He's currently rebuilding another Revs engine that is well worth north of $65K. The car is worth north of $225K.

https://revsinstitute.org/the-collectio ... sche-356c/

Lots in the works. Thanks guys.

Hope you'll all consider supporting the channel through membership.

Cheers!
Last edited by B3DAWG on Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Renn Meister

Post by Renn Meister » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:10 pm

That's not a Raby engine in the 914 mentioned here. I made the seller correct his listing yesterday. Raby engines are built under my roof, and kits never have qualified. Each of my engines has a unique identification stamp, and serial number.

He was really quick to change his listing details, I guess he didn't think I'd see it, and didn't think I'd call him out. Further proof that he doesn't;t know me, and never dealt with me.

I sold those kits for a few years, and hated it.. I sold the Type 4 Store to LN Engineering in 2012 to get away from all that..

Yeah, it's true. I like the old stuff, no matter what it is. My three favorite vehicles in the collection were built in 1942, and 1944, and aren't Porsches.

I only like the more modern Porsche because it had engine problems, and I like to solve them. I've owned pretty much every water-cooled Porsche from GT3s and Turbos, to base Carreras and Boxsters. I never kept any of them long, and that's not because they weren't good cars, but mostly because they aren't me.

I'd rather drive a 50 year old Aircooled VW with carburetors, and points.. Thats what I do, and what I did today... I like simple.

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Post by FRUNKenstein » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:10 pm

Ah, didn’t catch the damn autocorrect.
The funnier thing is the ad for that car said “Jake Baby”.

And I know funny.
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:41 pm

Renn Meister wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:10 pm That's not a Raby engine in the 914 mentioned here. I made the seller correct his listing yesterday. Raby engines are built under my roof, and kits never have qualified. Each of my engines has a unique identification stamp, and serial number.

He was really quick to change his listing details, I guess he didn't think I'd see it, and didn't think I'd call him out. Further proof that he doesn't;t know me, and never dealt with me.

I sold those kits for a few years, and hated it.. I sold the Type 4 Store to LN Engineering in 2012 to get away from all that..

Yeah, it's true. I like the old stuff, no matter what it is. My three favorite vehicles in the collection were built in 1942, and 1944, and aren't Porsches.

I only like the more modern Porsche because it had engine problems, and I like to solve them. I've owned pretty much every water-cooled Porsche from GT3s and Turbos, to base Carreras and Boxsters. I never kept any of them long, and that's not because they weren't good cars, but mostly because they aren't me.

I'd rather drive a 50 year old Aircooled VW with carburetors, and points.. Thats what I do, and what I did today... I like simple.
I get that. There are times I still wished I had my 1964 VW Bug. It was so much fun, had room for friends, would do interstate speeds if I could hook the draft from a semi and never left me stranded. I sold it after I bought my first sports car a 1964 TR4 bad mistake for someone at the ripe old age of 19!
Never gonna make you cry...

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by B3DAWG » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:35 am

We shot some really cool footage over the weekend at his shop. Lots in the works for August including an interview with the owner of the black 996 that experienced IMS bearing failure with just 29K miles. He maintained it by the book. Even got Porsche corporate involved. Crazy ass story. You don't want to miss it!!!

Hope y'all will spread the work about memberships.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvIKNF ... y9ZvA/join