Does anybody have any information or experience with TTP turbo engine modifications?

UncleIroh

Does anybody have any information or experience with TTP turbo engine modifications?

Post by UncleIroh » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:11 am

I’m looking at a 1999 Carrera 996 that’s been modded with a twin turbo 3.6 at 42k miles. Currently at ~58k miles. Says the output is 420 hp but I can’t find much more information on the internet aside from the official TTP website. Apparently the company has been around for 30 years.

Wondering if anybody here has any experience with or additional information on TTP mods, specifically for the 996.

Thanks!

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Re: Does anybody have any information or experience with TTP turbo engine modifications?

Post by gnat » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:52 am

Don't know anything about that company, but you need to look closely at what was replaced for the internals. I've read from people that I trust know what they are talking about that the stock m96 internals are not up to the task of forced induction. The gist is that it will work for awhile, but it is going to fail much sooner than if it hadn't had a SC or TT attached to it.

Another concern here is that it should have a 3.4 in it. The 3.6 isn't a drop in swap, so what else has been done and how well was it done.

Take it with a grain of salt, but my $0.02 would be to pass. Even if there are meticulous docs with high grade internals installed I still wouldn't go there. If you really want that kind of power in a Porsche, focus on the real TT cars.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Re: Does anybody have any information or experience with TTP turbo engine modifications?

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:52 pm

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:52 pm

The TTP site is German, but you might check to see if the UK importer mentioned in that article has an English-language site...

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.