Problem with session cookies

Alan A
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Problem with session cookies

Post by Alan A » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:10 pm

I’m getting my session timed out almost constantly on this device - iPad running safari. Mind checking the defaults to see if it’s config or if I’m just “special”.

TIA.

DTMiller
"Special"

Re: Problem with session cookies

Post by DTMiller » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:38 pm

It's an issue El Capitan is working through.
2002 Guards Red Targa, Fister exhaust, H&R Sport Springs, semisolid motor mounts
1997 MX-5 track car
Friday at the Track, Chin Trackdays, SCCA WDCR Novice Classroom Instructor, SCDA, Audi Club Potomac, TrackDaze HPDE Instructor
June 16, 2017 Funland GoKart Champion (6:13 p.m. main event)
Willing to risk life for track time

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 am

The only trick I have left at this point is moving the site to my own server. I'll probably do this sooner than later, but I don't have the time or equipment right this second.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:06 am

Dear God...I'm in tech support hell. Just spent 15 minutes trying to explain that two users who registered weeks apart in different geographical locations shouldn't have the same public IP address.

Support dude: Right, that's normal.
Angry Schnell: How can that be normal? Masking/spoofing peoples' IP addresses makes any address-based management impossible.
Support dude: Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Support dude: Let me check that with the Admins

Someone needs to come up with a technology literacy registration system - I'd happily take a test once a year to be classified as a non-idiot (at least as far as technology is concerned) to bypass the initial levels of tech support and go directly to someone semi-capable...so I don't get answers like "What are you trying to accomplish exactly? Because that's a Godaddy IP address, yes and it's normal."

No, "Charm," it's not normal.

</bitching>

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

B-ran

Post by B-ran » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:14 pm

99 C2 Aero that had its fried eggs surgically removed by a previous owner.

pfbz

Post by pfbz » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:22 pm

...and don't forget to 'count to ten' after unplugging your network.

Or how about 'let's reload everything to back to default' so you can spend dozens of hours rebuilding an entire system rather than having someone, you know, actually troubleshoot the problem?

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:10 am

pfbz wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:22 pm ...and don't forget to 'count to ten' after unplugging your network.

Or how about 'let's reload everything to back to default' so you can spend dozens of hours rebuilding an entire system rather than having someone, you know, actually troubleshoot the problem?
Back in my Microsoft cpu days I had a Microsoft phone tech tell me the same thing. I responded "NOPE!" He was flabbergasted as that was the sum total of his troubleshooting knowledge. I ended up hanging up on him and bought a Mac. One of my most enjoyable moments was beating the hell out of the removed hard drive from that Dell desktop unit. It was so cathartic!
Never gonna make you cry...

pfbz

Post by pfbz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:49 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:10 am One of my most enjoyable moments was beating the hell out of the removed hard drive from that Dell desktop unit. It was so cathartic!
Oh yeah... Ball-peen or framing hammer?

B-ran

Post by B-ran » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:33 am

32wildbilly wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:10 am
pfbz wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:22 pm ...and don't forget to 'count to ten' after unplugging your network.

Back in my Microsoft cpu days I had a Microsoft phone tech tell me the same thing. I responded "NOPE!" He was flabbergasted as that was the sum total of his troubleshooting knowledge. I ended up hanging up on him and bought a Mac. One of my most enjoyable moments was beating the hell out of the removed hard drive from that Dell desktop unit. It was so cathartic!
So you went full Office Space on it? Nice!
99 C2 Aero that had its fried eggs surgically removed by a previous owner.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:14 am

pfbz wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:49 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:10 am One of my most enjoyable moments was beating the hell out of the removed hard drive from that Dell desktop unit. It was so cathartic!
Oh yeah... Ball-peen or framing hammer?
Both plus a side of bench vice. So enjoyable!
Never gonna make you cry...