Introducing Heidi and Franny's Garage

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Introducing Heidi and Franny's Garage

Post by B3DAWG » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:41 am

Introducing Heidi and Franny's Garage...

Heidi&FrannysGarage
Internet Superstars

Re: Introducting, Heidi and Franny's Garage

Post by Heidi&FrannysGarage » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:41 pm

b3freak wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:10 pm
Flat6BlahBlah wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:38 am B3 hakt ar elekshun!
Franny saith... B3th isth THEE collusiTH in chhhharge
Thanks for the post to our videos. Makes my day knowing that you are all watching them, whether you like them or not. Hopefully you can LEARN something from them too. I appreciate the shout out, I really do. Oh, and sorry, not going to let you take credit for being behind the production of our channel. I assure you, Franny and create all content, filming, writing, directing, producing, marketing, editing, and planning. Yes, it takes a ton of time with two people who have regular jobs as well. Thanks for noticing all our hard work! We appreciate all the people you sent to our channel. Thanks. Heidi

Heidi&FrannysGarage
Internet Superstars

Post by Heidi&FrannysGarage » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:25 am

Hey there,

Franny has posted another video (at my request - because someone asked us to make it) about the 996 Turbo Slave Cylinder Replacement. It was a bear of a job and she was not even going to do a video. However, I convinced her (since someone did request it), to post about some of the difficulties she had. Does anyone know, it there a specific Turbo area that I could let people know about this video? If most of you are already subscribed to the 996 playlists, I guess it doesn't matter anyhow. I just do not really want to post our own stuff. It seems a bit pretentious. Thank you. Heidi

Heidi&FrannysGarage
Internet Superstars

Post by Heidi&FrannysGarage » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:36 am

gnat wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:52 pm I saw the H&F registration come in and was suspect that this was another Opie incident in the making. But their first post is way too well spoken to be b3 in disguise again :lol:

I rule DT out as another possibility as there are more than 2 sentences with neither Miata nor track being mentioned :D

So it may just be possible that we have been joined by the real deal! If so, welcome and I hope we don't run you off ;)
:). I will hang out here when time permits. Franny does too. Thank you.

TheDeckMan

Re: Introducing Heidi and Franny's Garage

Post by TheDeckMan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:19 am

I'll have to check it out, most do make this job to be a major PITA but it is no where near as bad as the internet makes it out to be.

Thanks for your contribution to the community Heidi&Frannys!
996TT - Widowmaker Project -RWD, UMW Tune, H&R RSS, Phenix Engineering Control Arms/LCA's, GT3 6 Pistons, SpeedTech 3" X-Pipe, Ported Headers, 997 GT3 Shifter, GT3 Buckets, GT2 Clutch/PP, GT2RS IC's, RSS Roll Bar, GT3 Brake Ducts, Joe Toth Aero/Ducts, Champion Thrust Arms
997TT - LSD, Chrono , UMW Tune, DSC, Phenix Engineering Toe Links & LCA Bushings, Tubi Race, 3" eRams, 964RS Engine Mounts
Audi TT Track Car
Corrado SLC
https://phenixengineering.com/

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Post by FRUNKenstein » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:40 am

Heidi&FrannysGarage wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:25 am Hey there,

Franny has posted another video (at my request - because someone asked us to make it) about the 996 Turbo Slave Cylinder Replacement. It was a bear of a job and she was not even going to do a video. However, I convinced her (since someone did request it), to post about some of the difficulties she had. Does anyone know, it there a specific Turbo area that I could let people know about this video? If most of you are already subscribed to the 996 playlists, I guess it doesn't matter anyhow. I just do not really want to post our own stuff. It seems a bit pretentious. Thank you. Heidi
Please post it in the 996 High Performance (996TT, GT2, GT3) section of this site.
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:56 pm

I copied the NA thread to this forum and deleted all of the asshattery. Heidi and Franny get my "You're a better (wo)man than I am, Gunga Din" award for not getting pissed off by idiots on the Interwebs - you kick ass, ladies.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

fpb111

Post by fpb111 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:42 am

Thanks for posting about these two. She has a great garage door opener hack using the targa switch. I can’t wait to see Franny change the spark plugs. At 60k it is due for the second set of plugs, maybe even a couple of coils.

I bought CSF radiators through the group buy also. I had a very satisfying purchase experience and no problems mounting them or in the ~8k miles since.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:53 am

I added a thread to the DIY forum with links to all of their 996-centric videos:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=528

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

Heidi&FrannysGarage
Internet Superstars

Post by Heidi&FrannysGarage » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:00 am

Hey all, thanks for the shout out. If it is helpful, we have a couple playlist for the 996.

We have had a lot of requests for spark plugs, but it was just done on our car at 30K. We don't need to do them for quite a while. Sorry. Heidi

996 Turbo Playlist (all 996 material)

996 Turbo DIY Playlist (a few less videos here, this doesn't have the drives and such)