Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

ipman
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by ipman » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:56 pm

@gnat- yes the xi are sweet, gotta love AWD. I have a 74 two-ee, gonna teach my kids to drive manual on that. Pedals from the bottom, shouldn't be too hard right!

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:16 pm

ipman wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:56 pm @gnat- yes the xi are sweet, gotta love AWD. I have a 74 two-ee, gonna teach my kids to drive manual on that. Pedals from the bottom, shouldn't be too hard right!
Heh. Yeah. The 996 was our first AWD, then came my 04 Escape to replace my XK8, next was the BMW to replace her 97 F-150 (RWD), then two rust bucket e30iX cars, and finally my P!g. Other than finally getting an old Mini to bomb around in (and there is always Project Binky...) I doubt we'll not have AWD ;)

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:10 pm

gnat wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:16 pm
ipman wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:56 pm @gnat- yes the xi are sweet, gotta love AWD. I have a 74 two-ee, gonna teach my kids to drive manual on that. Pedals from the bottom, shouldn't be too hard right!
Heh. Yeah. The 996 was our first AWD, then came my 04 Escape to replace my XK8, next was the BMW to replace her 97 F-150 (RWD), then two rust bucket e30iX cars, and finally my P!g. Other than finally getting an old Mini to bomb around in (and there is always Project Binky...) I doubt we'll not have AWD ;)
You finally got a Mini!!?? An old-old one or a recent one? Project Binky???
Never gonna make you cry...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:48 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:10 pm
gnat wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:16 pm
"finally getting" that would be future tense ;)

And there is only one type of Mini and it ain't owned by a bunch of Germans :P

If you don't know about Project Binky, you need to go find out. Awesome Mini build being documented by some hilarious Brits.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:06 pm

gnat wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:48 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:10 pm

"finally getting" that would be future tense ;)

And there is only one type of Mini and it ain't owned by a bunch of Germans :P

If you don't know about Project Binky, you need to go find out. Awesome Mini build being documented by some hilarious Brits.
i agree on the only "real Mini". I missed your use of future tense. I had forgotten about stalking you on BAT a while back! Good for you. Pics when you get it and I'll check out PB. The wife would love to have one herself. That's all we need is another car.
Never gonna make you cry...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:11 pm

I need a new house first. After 20 years of telling me when I'd complain that there aren't enough spaces for assigned parking, they are assigning parking spaces at the end of the summer. So I'll already have 3 cars to fit in 2 spaces... :roll:

JayG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by JayG » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:49 pm

gnat wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:11 pm I need a new house first. After 20 years of telling me when I'd complain that there aren't enough spaces for assigned parking, they are assigning parking spaces at the end of the summer. So I'll already have 3 cars to fit in 2 spaces... :roll:
They would absolutely love Cuda with his 18+ fleet of cars. With my measly fleet of 7, I feel deficient
2004 Boxster S 6 speed - DRL relay hack, Polaris AutoTop DIY (sold)
2004 996 Targa Tip
2020 BMW X3 Xdrive, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:04 pm

JayG wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:49 pm
gnat wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:11 pm I need a new house first. After 20 years of telling me when I'd complain that there aren't enough spaces for assigned parking, they are assigning parking spaces at the end of the summer. So I'll already have 3 cars to fit in 2 spaces... :roll:
They would absolutely love Cuda with his 18+ fleet of cars. With my measly fleet of 7, I feel deficient
A couple of rows of garage-less houses are surrounded by houses with garages. When I bought the house the bylaws explicitly said that houses are required to use their garage and driveway, but none ever have and at some point it was removed from the bylaws :x

So we are surrounded by a bunch of ass hats that stuff their garages full of crap and then park their other car(s) in the limited parking. Now my neighbor and another house across the street are illegally renting their basements. My neighbor's tenants are good enough to street park on the side, but the assholes across the street have 6 extra cars and they always park right in front of peoples houses and take up all the parking. All the county housing authority says is "we'll look into it", but 8 months later nothing has been done about the ones across the street (haven't called about next door since I know there is no point and they are at least respectful about it).

JayG

Post by JayG » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:36 pm

gnat wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:04 pm
JayG wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:49 pm

A couple of rows of garage-less houses are surrounded by houses with garages. When I bought the house the bylaws explicitly said that houses are required to use their garage and driveway, but none ever have and at some point it was removed from the bylaws :x

So we are surrounded by a bunch of ass hats that stuff their garages full of crap and then park their other car(s) in the limited parking. Now my neighbor and another house across the street are illegally renting their basements. My neighbor's tenants are good enough to street park on the side, but the assholes across the street have 6 extra cars and they always park right in front of peoples houses and take up all the parking. All the county housing authority says is "we'll look into it", but 8 months later nothing has been done about the ones across the street (haven't called about next door since I know there is no point and they are at least respectful about it).
Bylaws generally require a majority of the association to change. I think mine requires 2/3 approval. If they were changed, there has to be a record of it. BOD's have been known to just change things because they want to. Bylaws and CC&Rs are attached top the property title and are legally binding.

Disclamer: I am not a lawyer and am not giving legal advise and am not an asshat
2004 Boxster S 6 speed - DRL relay hack, Polaris AutoTop DIY (sold)
2004 996 Targa Tip
2020 BMW X3 Xdrive, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"

Kalashnikov

Post by Kalashnikov » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:46 pm

Every community has the same BS with parking. The hoarder types park their shit boxes in available spaces, because garage is filled with junk.

I had association lawyer look into this and tried to come up with cost effective solution, but it isn't doable. The few fuck ups make life miserable for the remaining 90%.

I have a towing company boss's phone in my phone. The moment I see a car parked where it shouldn't be, he gets the text.

On some dicks who didn't move the car, I actually edited the video to prove that shitbox never moved. When they came to inquire why it was towed, I said I towed it cause it was parked for 7 days with no movement.