IMG_0774.JPG
Yay!!! She's home with a brand new heart and bigger boobs! :lol:
Yeah but it's all about that AZZ!
Never gonna make you cry...

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: From Bore Scoring to Health Courtesy Flat6 Innovations

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:37 pm

gnat wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:24 pm 5/26 -> 10/17, not too shabby!
Signed up in January for an open Sept slot. Got lucky. Not long at all considering work done. Got it back when Jake promised. Remember it was not blown up so I think that expedited the process.

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:37 pm

See you in a few weeks, Billy. I have a feeling you're going to be on the road for a while :D

(The good people of 996Outpost.com do respectfully request copious amounts of video w/sound, thank you.)
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

GH996
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by GH996 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:40 pm

Congrats! You will love it.
1999 C2 Guards Red * XAA Aerokit 1 * Fisters * GT3 Console Delete * FSI 3.8 * CSF Rads(3)
1986 Cabrio -Sold
1984 Cabrio -Sold
1971 911T -Sold

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:43 pm

Today was a busy day so I only got to drive it home. A distance of about 5 miles. It didn't warm up sufficiently to lean on it but I can tell you it is much stronger between 2500 and 3000 rpm. I could feel an effortless surge not present before. More tomorrow...

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:56 am

So today I drove to the local Shell station and filled up with V-Power+ only 91 proof(it is Nebraska after-all) then drove it around, sedately, until up to operating temperature. Stopped at a local big box store to complete the excuse for the trip then back out on the hi way. H-O-L-Y C-R-A-P! Where is my car and what has Jake done to it. This thing is a rocket ship! An effortless ROCKET SHIP!!

I do have a few issues though:

#1: After starting out on the trip within a couple of blocks the old muscle memory kicked back in. Brain/muscles connection went "ok we remember this car". I looked down and I was consistently 7-10 mph over what my befuddled brain expected. Did I mention effortless power? Even when driving it like a little old lady on Sunday going to church I was having trouble keeping it within the 35 to 40 mph speed limit. When I got home I dug through all the information from F6I looking for the document that guaranteed Jake would pay all of my speeding violations until my internal ECU was reprogrammed to the extreme change in power characteristics. Nope! Found nothing.

#2: After not getting pulled over in the residential areas, getting gas, properly warming the car up and stopping at the big box store I suffered the same problem as before only at a higher speed on the hi-way. Turning left on the green light from the outside lane I noticed a semi in front of me going slowly, looked in the rear view mirror, changed lanes to the left, looked again behind me and realized "the traffic is coming pretty fast...wasn't it."

#3: One more semi was complicating my need to be in the right hand lane so I could turn off at the next light so I accelerated and swooped in front of him thinking I was about 5 over the speed limit. Nope! 22 over the limit! Did I mention effortless acceleration.

#4: During the speed shots of the hi-way adventures I realized why Jake had turned my radio off...The sound...OH THE SOUND! Jake must have done something under the table to my exhaust system. When I got home I peeked under the engine to see what type of modified exhaust he had added. Nope! Still stock!

#5: After all of this I realized I should make a Drs. appointment because at various times during this adventure I realized I had stopped breathing.

While I made a feeble attempt to be humorous the facts above are still the facts.

I am thrilled with the reconstructed engine, to say the least. As I sit here I wonder why I waited so long to have this improvement made...

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:43 am

gnat edit: All that you posted was a local file path which happened to show personal information that I figure you would prefer not easily publicly available ;)

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:43 am

32wildbilly wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:43 am gnat edit: All that you posted was a local file path which happened to show personal information that I figure you would prefer not easily publicly available ;)
I thought I deleted that failed attempt!!?? Here is the YT of idle after the drive from yesterday.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:44 am

Now I need to get an audio of the "scream" that starts around 4500rpm!