996outpost.com - T-shirt Time!

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: 996outpost.com - T-shirt Time!

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:39 am

I like #1. Just enough information to get the curious to inquire.

Thanks to those who have worked on this project. One can never have too many tee shirts.
Never gonna make you cry...

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:45 am

FRUNKenstein wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:52 pm I agree - I like the first one. Looks great. I promised the lady that she could do the initial run, so let’s do the first dozen using the shirts I already bought. Then we can switch over to your local guy. The issue will be handling orders in the future - I don’t mind doing the first batch of 12 shirts, but I don’t want to deal with taking orders from now on.

No worries - I'm happy to help in the future. I just need to start the conversation with him - he's a friendly fellow. I'm sure he has solutions for us. I'll open the can of worms on colors/options when the time comes. Thanks for being the catalyst for this project! This has already lit a fire under me in getting more graphics prepared for Schnelly.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:46 am

Editing this to say my willingness to draw new variants and the possibility to produce new variants are two opposing forces right now. IF we get the possibility to print variably with our eventual vendor then I'll open requests up for stuff like this. Sorry guys. Got a little excited.

Original Text:
I've already gotten a request for a taco wing variant, so I'll do a Mk2 aero variant, and a turbo variant. I basically just need to do the trunks...
Last edited by Dr_Strangelove on Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ipman
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by ipman » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:49 pm

I want, but if you are gonna do a Turbo version I will hold out.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:08 pm

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:46 am I've already gotten a request for a taco wing variant, so I'll do a Mk2 aero variant, and a turbo variant. I basically just need to do the trunks...
What about the C4S version... :roll:

I've already got my order in with Frunky for the above displayed version although he said I ordered the "Make 'Merica Great Again" version! :o
Never gonna make you cry...

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:20 pm

ipman wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:49 pm I want, but if you are gonna do a Turbo version I will hold out.

Let's pretend I didn't write that for now and everybody who wants an outpost shirt go ahead and assume this will be the only version for a while. I jumped the gun in saying there will be more versions because first we need to confirm that versions can be ordered one at a time through our eventual shirt vendor.

If that's a possibility I'll open that up, but it isn't going to be soon.

JohnIreland

Post by JohnIreland » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:09 pm

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:10 pm
FRUNKenstein wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:27 am Hey Doc, any progress?
Yes, actually! I really wanted to do our logo in the Carrera script that Porsche uses for their model badges. Problem is - no such font exists. This means that yours truly went and hand-lettered this for us. Yes I know, you don't deserve me. Heres some options:

My favorite w/ car silhouette only:

FullCar.jpg

Some Phrase Versions:

BestMode.jpg

DontBe.jpg

ParshEnthusiast.jpg

Obviously some tweaking and fine tuning will need to be done if we pick a version with a phrase underneath the logo. If we get a consensus on what we want to run with and I need to fine-tune the final version I will do so!
What about just the phrase "Don't Be a Dick" (with or without the car silhouette) and put (very subtly) 996Outpost.com on the sleeve. Or...to use another quote, "Blow Me, Asshole" with or without the car silhouette...and the rest on the sleeve. Either would certainly separate the group from the usual car websites.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:19 pm

Well this is a small run being done with favors, so what you see is what you get right now.

If someone wants to step up and make a more permanent shirt offering, such options might be possible.

JohnIreland

Post by JohnIreland » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:44 pm

So where are things right now? I met a dead girl up in CHAZ and borrowed her lipstick and made up
a design offering...
mail.jpg
mail.jpg (36.73 KiB) Viewed 1594 times

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Post by FRUNKenstein » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:36 am

Well, looky what we have here:

20200706_120333.jpg

I only ordered 2 with the "Don't be a dick" slogan, and one of those is spoken for by gnat (heh, bet nobody saw that coming). So, I have one size Large with the "Don't be a dick" slogan available.

The other 10 just have "996outpost.com" on them. Several of those are spoken for as well. If you want one, let me know.

For those of you who have already ordered one, I will send a PM with the cost for your shirt after I figure out the shipping cost. The shirts themselves, for size XL and smaller were only about $8. For the XXL size, it was about $11. So, whatever shipping is on top of that will be the final tab. You can pay via PayPal or Venmo, and I'll send you my usernames when I send you the PM.

Trying to figure out how best to deal with making these available. I may just have another batch made when these run out and keep them on hand for whenever anyone wants one, plus to use in the monthly giveaway prize packages. If that's the way I go, then maybe we can do a "sticky" thread to let people know they are available.

Also welcoming feedback on colors. Of course, the first batch was done in the best color, but maybe next time we do a charcoal gray heather? That's a pretty popular color and I think the white lettering looks good on dark gray heather.

And last, but not least, thank you to Chris, the wife of GrantM, for printing the shirts for us and to Doctor Strangelove for the really cool design!
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver