Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Sat May 01, 2021 8:19 pm

Oh I agree with you guys 100% I was just saying I believe him when he says they scaled too quickly and that is why they started scamming people. I'm paraphrasing there a bit.

The whole covid thing cracks me up. I haven't seen a sports car fire sale like this in all my years.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by B3DAWG » Sun May 02, 2021 8:28 am

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:19 pm Oh I agree with you guys 100% I was just saying I believe him when he says they scaled too quickly and that is why they started scamming people. I'm paraphrasing there a bit.

The whole covid thing cracks me up. I haven't seen a sports car fire sale like this in all my years.
Yea, we'll see if Clay Thom "makes all wrongs right" in time. My bet he won't be able to sell the new facility and has to file bankruptcy which means people will get NOTHING. There is a chance that original owners that cosigned their cars, will get the cars back from the buyers, but it's complicated to say the least.

sweet victory

Post by sweet victory » Sun May 02, 2021 12:33 pm

b3freak wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:28 am Yea, we'll see if Clay Thom "makes all wrongs right" in time. My bet he won't be able to sell the new facility and has to file bankruptcy which means people will get NOTHING. There is a chance that original owners that cosigned their cars, will get the cars back from the buyers, but it's complicated to say the least.
Some viewers caught the freudian slip at 5:18 and posted it in the comments. He actually said "We'll make sure everyone on both ends of the stick whether you're owned a title or car or money, all the rights will be wronged. Then at 6:13 he says, "There's nothing we won't do to get through this."

I own industrial/commercial property in OC, and while it seems strange with many companies leaving the state...the market is going bananas at the moment. I don't know what the commercial real estate market is like in Ontario, but I get 3-4 calls a week on a property I have listed in OC with offers 1.25M over what I paid about 10 months ago.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue May 04, 2021 10:49 am

Confession time. I haven't been driving the Porsche much. It is just so much easier to jump in the Honda and go run errands than take the Pcar. You know the Pcar requires unhooking the battery maintainer, closing the frunk and engine lids(paranoia driven from forums) and having to use the California Duster before leaving(after all you can't drive a dusty Porsche...right?). Today which is sunny with temps in the 60's I had errands to run and decided to take the "other" car and it was my best decision so far today. Our cars, at least for me, have some kind of voodoo magic. Once I get comfortable driving it I am happy and feeing 20 years younger. I don't know if it is the handling, the power, the comfort, the "connected" to the car/road feel, the smell of the leather or all combined, but G.D. I love this car.
Never gonna make you cry...

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Tue May 04, 2021 11:31 am

32wildbilly wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:49 am (paranoia driven from forums) and having to use the California Duster before leaving(after all you can't drive a dusty Porsche...right?).

CA Car Dusters will put spider webs in your clear coat. You're welcome. :lol:
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue May 04, 2021 12:51 pm

Beats dust! :lol:
Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:31 am
32wildbilly wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:49 am (paranoia driven from forums) and having to use the California Duster before leaving(after all you can't drive a dusty Porsche...right?).

CA Car Dusters will put spider webs in your clear coat. You're welcome. :lol:

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Tue May 04, 2021 1:17 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:49 am Confession time. I haven't been driving the Porsche much. It is just so much easier to jump in the Honda and go run errands than take the Pcar. You know the Pcar requires unhooking the battery maintainer, closing the frunk and engine lids(paranoia driven from forums) and having to use the California Duster before leaving(after all you can't drive a dusty Porsche...right?). Today which is sunny with temps in the 60's I had errands to run and decided to take the "other" car and it was my best decision so far today. Our cars, at least for me, have some kind of voodoo magic. Once I get comfortable driving it I am happy and feeing 20 years younger. I don't know if it is the handling, the power, the comfort, the "connected" to the car/road feel, the smell of the leather or all combined, but G.D. I love this car.
Ship it to me. I will happily install a solar panel in the rear and leave it parked outside (so it can charge). It will then be ready for you any time you want to drive it.

Free of charge I'll even drive if for you periodically to make sure everything is staying well lubricated.

Dgi 07

Post by Dgi 07 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:07 am

32wildbilly wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:49 am (after all you can't drive a dusty Porsche...right?).
*glances at my pollen ridden, rained on car......

these things are supposed to get washed?
5chn3ll wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:48 am ...an eternity of being sodomized by a giant phallus made of crushed, reformed ghost peppers.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed May 05, 2021 7:22 am

You are one of the gnat car policy guys, then. :lol:
Dgi 07 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:07 am
32wildbilly wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:49 am (after all you can't drive a dusty Porsche...right?).

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed May 05, 2021 9:49 am

32wildbilly wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:22 am You are one of the gnat car policy guys, then. :lol:
Dgi 07 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:07 am

If you wash it then you get afraid to drive it for fear of getting it dirty again. Not driving these cars (says the guy who routinely lets his sit for multiple months sometimes...) should be a felony offense.

And uhh... I'm saving the planet ... yeah that's it ... the planet... Totally not just too lazy to bother...