Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

DBJoe996
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by DBJoe996 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:12 am

b3freak wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:25 pm You folks keep me in stitches! hahaha

Love coming back to the Outpost and see y'all talking bout' me... weeeeeeellllllllll BLESS YOUR HEARTS!!!! :lol:
Ain't that supposed to be "all y'all" to be fully inclusive....just saying....

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Re: The Problem is BIGGER than you may think...

Post by B3DAWG » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:48 pm

Just when you thought the problem was the volunteer group of moderators.

I reached out to one of the moderators that was very nice to me in spite of giving me the "strikes" recently. Apparently, they've made a public website to address the serious matter and so I'll share it here.

This problem is bigger than we can imagine.

Check out the website...

http://notonrl.com/

theprf wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:53 am It's F-ing ridiculous. All we're trying to do is to come up with an actual solution that has data to prove it works and to save Jason's engine in the process. I am sure Jason's going to blow up his engine sooner rather than later; none of the available solutions are worth a damn, and this is what we get . . .
FRUNKenstein wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:36 pm
The problem with Rennlist has always been that the moderators feel the need to butt in where no intervention is necessary. Yet, in other spots where they really do need to say "hey, let's cool it," they're nowhere to be found. Rennlist is a much bigger site and definitely needs moderators due to some of the jackasses that it draws. But the mods just don't seem to "get it" most of the time. They need to understand the personalities and the "norms" (as opposed to the IB rules) of the forums better.
5chn3ll wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:49 am This seems like the appropriate place for an "I atoadaso" meme...
OceanBlue2000 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:18 am
32wildbilly wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:19 pm SNAFU. Normal for RL(dammit).
I see that thread. Jeez, if those contributions are going to get you banned, then what are they looking for? Endless "I love the sponsoring vendor" posts?

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:03 pm

I'm surprised that garbage didn't clean itself up after the gave Gretch, Hacker, and the others the boot. Can't fix racist bastards I guess.

If only there was a Porsche oriented site where everyone generally gets on and doesn't feel the need to express such views (if anyone has them).

OceanBlue2000
Fresh out of funny, ask Frunk

Post by OceanBlue2000 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:41 pm

b3freak wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:48 pm Just when you thought the problem was the volunteer group of moderators.

I reached out to one of the moderators that was very nice to me in spite of giving me the "strikes" recently. Apparently, they've made a public website to address the serious matter and so I'll share it here.

Check out the website...

theprf wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:53 am It's F-ing ridiculous. All we're trying to do is to come up with an actual solution that has data to prove it works and to save Jason's engine in the process. I am sure Jason's going to blow up his engine sooner rather than later; none of the available solutions are worth a damn, and this is what we get . . .
FRUNKenstein wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:36 pm
The problem with Rennlist has always been that the moderators feel the need to butt in where no intervention is necessary. Yet, in other spots where they really do need to say "hey, let's cool it," they're nowhere to be found. Rennlist is a much bigger site and definitely needs moderators due to some of the jackasses that it draws. But the mods just don't seem to "get it" most of the time. They need to understand the personalities and the "norms" (as opposed to the IB rules) of the forums better.
5chn3ll wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:49 am This seems like the appropriate place for an "I atoadaso" meme...
OceanBlue2000 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:18 am

I see that thread. Jeez, if those contributions are going to get you banned, then what are they looking for? Endless "I love the sponsoring vendor" posts?

What a shock. OT is a moneymaker for IB, why would they change anything? Last time I was there years ago there were more than a couple paying members who didn’t even seem to own Porsches. But they can’t have anyone pointing out what it is, either I guess.
Mike
Strange things I have in head, that will to hand.
2000 Ocean Blue 996 Carrera 2
1982 928 (sold)

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:07 pm

I had a couple private convos with food biker he seems very rational and a nice guy. The rest meh. I'm confused who has to power to ban those who ban?
b3freak wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:48 pm Just when you thought the problem was the volunteer group of moderators.

Check out the website...

Never gonna make you cry...

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:08 pm

Yeah somebody should start such a site.
gnat wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:03 pm If only there was a Porsche oriented site where everyone generally gets on and doesn't feel the need to express such views (if anyone has them).

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:06 pm

So I see Old Chiclet teeth made it to space and back today. Which of one of you well situated guys are going to lay down $250k next year for the 60 minute ride?

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Hey DOC! 117f! A new record. Some fun...

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:54 am

"First Billionaire CEO to Space" on a vehicle with effing zero practical applications other than lobbing fucksticks into not-orbit.
32wildbilly wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:06 pm So I see Old Chiclet teeth made it to space and back today. Which of one of you well situated guys are going to lay down $250k next year for the 60 minute ride?

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:42 am

So I'm guessing you're a firm no on the $250k ride?
5chn3ll wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:54 am "First Billionaire CEO to Space" on a vehicle with effing zero practical applications other than lobbing fucksticks into not-orbit.
32wildbilly wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:06 pm So I see Old Chiclet teeth made it to space and back today. Which of one of you well situated guys are going to lay down $250k next year for the 60 minute ride?