Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:45 pm

Ooohh I love those fine-star restaurants with those whirled-class chefs.
5chn3ll wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:32 am He many not have much business acumen, but he's REALLY good at conning stupid girls.

My wife and I grilled him for a bit before the "wedding." He claimed that he was a world-class cook - in his own words, a "fine-star chef."
Never gonna make you cry...

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:49 am

While gasoline powered yard tools are irritatingly loud let's hope the "professor" was exaggerating just a little. If not I wonder how he feels about real world problems?
Gas-powered leaf blowers face a moment of reckoning

ALTADENA, Calif. — With the Omicron variant of the coronavirus still circulating, six friends gathered last Saturday for an outdoor brunch on the patio of a house in Los Angeles County. But as the meal got underway, a steady roar from a gas-powered leaf blower, like a hair dryer on steroids, drew closer from across a fence line, drowning out the conversation.

“The leaf blower is a truly vile invention,” one of the guests, Geoff Dyer, a writer and visiting professor at the University of Southern California, said over the noise, “a major setback to the progress of civilization.”

theprf
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by theprf » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:36 am

5chn3ll wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:04 pm Have I shared the sordid tale of my niece who married a shitbag in Utah last Spring? I don't think so - I think I quit typing every time because it was so disgusting.
I read the long post. I'm very sorry to hear all that. Family can be a bitch especially when aided by a con artist. I had a somewhat similar to a much less degree situation with my kid sister. She married a guy who seemed like a genuine good guy - ex Army, seemed hard working, the usual. Turns out that was totally wrong. Over the 8 years that my sister was married to him he worked a total of 80 hours. My sis who is a bartender supported him and paid for him to go to college and get a degree in something, then it was supposed to be his turn to support her to get a college degree. Obviously that never happened and finally my sister had enough. She called me one night and said "I lost 250 pounds and I have no idea why I waited so long". I had no idea what she was talking about until she told me she sent her now ex-husband back to live in his Mom's basement, from whence he had come.

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by B3DAWG » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:52 am

5chn3ll wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:41 am She's come clean / professed innocence since - but with both a signed confession and a video-taped admission of guilt, she's got a deep hole to dig herself out of.

She also can't keep her story straight - so I'm not 100% convinced she was an entirely innocent victim. She's just stupid enough to believe that burning a Jetta might be the best way to get out of a lease...

The eye-witness saw him getting into the Hyundai - their other vehicle. It makes you wonder how he got there...alone...with two vehicles.
Wow. I was thinking I'm the only guy that has one of these stories. When I have more time, I'll tell y'all about my arsonist brother-in-law. This will make your niece's husband look like a saint. I told my sister she was a bum magnet - if there was a bum within a 30-mile radius, she was attracted to them.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:28 am

The most frustrating part of the whole sordid affair is, of course, that it was totally damn obvious to everyone except my niece. If she was 17, I'd be more understanding - but she's in her late 20's, works in the medical field, and seemingly had parts of her life relatively together. I still don't think she realizes the gravity of the situation she's still in as far as legal consequences...even if Utah allows her to accept a plea for a lesser charge, a felony is going to wreck her career in the medical field.

The only upside to this whole mess is that their marriage only lasted a few months - in addition to being a worthless shithead, he was verbally, sexually, and (I suspect) physically abusive. It was my expectation that he was going to pump all of the money out of her that he could and bail; it would have been much worse for her in the long run if he'd stuck around.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:23 am

5chn3ll wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:32 am
My wife and I grilled him for a bit before the "wedding." He claimed that he was a world-class cook - in his own words, a "fine-star chef."
Ha.

haha.

Hehehe...

Hahahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:25 am

I'm having flashbacks to when my cousin married the manager of the paint department of the Missoula,MT Walmart. My dad and I were talking to him because we had never met him and he asked what we did. My dad said he was a surgeon and dude's response without missing a beat was "Oh, yeah, I went to medical school."
I'll never forget the look on my pop's face.

Some people really live in their own world, man.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:04 pm

Yes many people do and it can be a scary world they live in to more normal people
Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:25 am I'm having flashbacks to when my cousin married the manager of the paint department of the Missoula,MT Walmart. My dad and I were talking to him because we had never met him and he asked what we did. My dad said he was a surgeon and dude's response without missing a beat was "Oh, yeah, I went to medical school."
I'll never forget the look on my pop's face.

Some people really live in their own world, man.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:00 am

I am NOT complaining. It's February after all.
Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 11.53.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 11.57.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 11.57.37 AM.png (163.59 KiB) Viewed 353 times

theprf
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by theprf » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:37 pm

My daily driver's a 1993 VW Corrado with 300k-ish miles on it. A few weeks ago the windshield cracked randomly, in a place that really doesn't bother me and is not in my line of sight. Problem is that here in MA we need a yearly safety inspection, which disallows cracked glass. My car, of course, is overdue for this inspection. It's not good to get a ticket for an expired inspection sticker, it's the same number of points against your driving license as DUI.
At the moment there are no windshields available in the US. The problems of having a 30-year old limited production shitbox, I guess.

I found a company in the Netherlands that has windshields and will ship them so I've put together a group of guys and I will be ordering 15 windshields tomorrow. They will take a few weeks to arrive even though they are going by air freight. I also have to front the cost of about $6500.

Yesterday a buddy called me up and told me "hey there's a Corrado in a junkyard in Cumberland, RI with a good windshield! Let's go grab it tomorrow!"
So that's what we did. Sort of. I spent two-plus hours carefully cutting the glue to get the windshield out intact. With less than 1" of glue to go - I cracked it. Dammit. I am so t'd off I can't even explain it.