Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by 5chn3ll » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:26 pm

...and Billy drops the first Iron Butterfly reference of 2024. Nice.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:47 am

5chn3ll wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:26 pm ...and Billy drops the first Iron Butterfly reference of 2024. Nice.
Heh Thanks! I attribute a small majority of my hearing loss to that song played at maximum volume on a cheap azz record player beginning in 1968! Well that and Quicksilver Messenger Service played full throttle through some pretty crappy(by today's standard) over the ear head phones. Heady days...heady days indeed!

How could I forget?

Forget?

Forget what...?
Never gonna make you cry...

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:30 pm

YO happy 2024 everybody - belated Merry Christmas. I try to not look at the old phone or computer too much during holiday time off so I've been dark. Well - all good things come to an end I suppose :D Back to the grind for me.

PS. I'm blown away that 02TX guessed the song on that clue alone. I guess I know the soundtrack at the next RennRun.

I'm serious about flying out to KC for a long weekend maybe late springtime or early summer. So stay tuned boys for some updates on that. It would be awesome if one or two guys could come join for some fun. I am able to get exactly two rooms in IHG network at employee rate so I could hook one of you guys up with a really cheap hotel room.

Looking forward to the year!
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:08 pm

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:30 pm YO happy 2024 everybody - belated Merry Christmas. I try to not look at the old phone or computer too much during holiday time off so I've been dark. Well - all good things come to an end I suppose :D Back to the grind for me.

PS. I'm blown away that 02TX guessed the song on that clue alone. I guess I know the soundtrack at the next RennRun.

I'm serious about flying out to KC for a long weekend maybe late springtime or early summer. So stay tuned boys for some updates on that. It would be awesome if one or two guys could come join for some fun. I am able to get exactly two rooms in IHG network at employee rate so I could hook one of you guys up with a really cheap hotel room.

Looking forward to the year!
Lee Summit(S.E. suburb) has a K1 Speed kart track now!!!! Electric and FAST!
https://www.k1speed.com/lees-summit-location.html

02TX996Cab
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by 02TX996Cab » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:59 am

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:30 pm PS. I'm blown away that 02TX guessed the song on that clue alone. I guess I know the soundtrack at the next RennRun.
I too was surprised. Admittedly, I did a couple of minutes of enquiry with Prof. Google. Some of the search results, whilst useless for the challenge, did bring back some fond memories of music from my mid-20's.

And yes, I know the dangers of Googling when 5chn3ll's involved in the thread, but this one felt safe because I controlled the search terms.
Proud owner of a Flat6-powered 2002 996 Cab, 2016 GT4, 2019 Ford F-150 "Country Cadillac", and 2005 Ford Focus (not so hot hatch) daily driver. And a Wright ZTO 52" to keep several acres of grass-like substance neat and tidy!

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:59 am

That looks really fun Billy. I think karting is 100% on the menu!

Frunky had implied to me that if I get the timing right we could piggyback one of his Museum events - perhaps even autocross. (Nobody tell Avis.) I do really want to see that museum and garage space in person so one way or another that will be a stop on the tour.

I know for sure I'm going to Hawaii in May so I'm thinking probably April or June for this trip. Local climate experts can advise whether April is too soon. I think summertime will present plenty of opportunities so I'm optimistic this will go down!

Schnellson if you want dibs on that 2nd room I'll give you first on it.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:58 am

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:59 am That looks really fun Billy. I think karting is 100% on the menu!

Frunky had implied to me that if I get the timing right we could piggyback one of his Museum events - perhaps even autocross. (Nobody tell Avis.) I do really want to see that museum and garage space in person so one way or another that will be a stop on the tour.

I know for sure I'm going to Hawaii in May so I'm thinking probably April or June for this trip. Local climate experts can advise whether April is too soon. I think summertime will present plenty of opportunities so I'm optimistic this will go down!

Schnellson if you want dibs on that 2nd room I'll give you first on it.
BTW there is a K1 Speed in Vegas if you want to practice...
kart drifing.gif
kart drifing.gif (3.42 MiB) Viewed 392 times

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:38 pm

They have my name on the wall!

I.... tell people it's on the hot lap list but it's actually the black list. :cry:

If you see a gap, and don't take it. You are not a racing driver.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:46 pm

So I was gonna say "no, I have two weddings coming up in Utah, PLUS my in-laws are moving from NC to Salt Lake, so there may be a U-Haul adventure sometime before the middle of the year."

Then I looked at the electric map and noticed that the route from Hickory, NC to Salt Lake City passes about 10 miles north of Olathe, KS, home of many sweet rides and a couple of fugly office chairs.

That right there is what they call a coincidence, so I'm eyeballing the calendar - and I need to verify move dates with my wife to see if this is actually happening or some septuagenarian pipe dream.
Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:59 am Schnellson if you want dibs on that 2nd room I'll give you first on it.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:33 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:46 pm That right there is what they call a coincidence, so I'm eyeballing the calendar - and I need to verify move dates with my wife to see if this is actually happening or some septuagenarian pipe dream.
Dr_Strangelove (whew!) (whew!) wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:59 am Schnellson if you want dibs on that 2nd room I'll give you first on it.
So just whats wrong with being one of them seppiegenuraniums!!??

Iron Butterfly DAMMIT! Iron friggin' Butterfly!

What...?

Somebody bring me some chikken nuudal soup and a straw. One of them big straws you get at the booba tea places!