What did you do to/with your 996 today?

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: What did you do to/with your 996 today?

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun May 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Oil and filter. Everything looked good on that end.

Too hot to do much else other than look around while laying under car. Thought about taking nap, but too much to look at. These cars are really a work of art design-wise.

Did notice right rear drop link look pretty shabby on the bottom connection. Looks like that might be my clunk while driving on the winter damaged Nebraska streets.

Saw some dried water marking near center rear bottom of engine which I cleaned off and will check after next drive. Could be left over from the water pump failure or water tank crack or cap problems a while back...but I doubt it!

Now I wished I would have never looked.
Never gonna make you cry...

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Sun May 06, 2018 8:54 pm

+996. Just did the same service, same report. My oil smelled a bit rich, though, I think I waited way too long to change.

Billy, when are we changing our oil again?

Edit: I forgot I also adapted to spin-on + magnetic plug.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon May 07, 2018 4:53 am

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:54 pm +996. Just did the same service, same report. My oil smelled a bit rich, though, I think I waited way too long to change.

Billy, when are we changing our oil again?

Edit: I forgot I also adapted to spin-on + magnetic plug.
How does your calendar look for October 6th?

My oil had the fuel smell too. Freaky!

Were your drop links ok? How bout any water marks?

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Mon May 07, 2018 11:13 am

I can do October 6th!

Underside of my car was OK (this time, knock on wood.) I'm afraid that's where our similarities end. I jacked up from the rear cross member so I got a good look at the suspension. I am thinking about upgrading the suspension later this year, however, so if you still need one and mine's in good shape I'll send it to you.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon May 07, 2018 12:43 pm

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:13 am I can do October 6th!

Underside of my car was OK (this time, knock on wood.) I'm afraid that's where our similarities end. I jacked up from the rear cross member so I got a good look at the suspension. I am thinking about upgrading the suspension later this year, however, so if you still need one and mine's in good shape I'll send it to you.
I'll mark my calendar!

Very kind of you to offer your entire rear suspension! I'll send you my mailing address. :lol: Actually, I'm going to buy new drop links; price is anywhere from @$28 to $83, so very reasonable. Guess manufactor of top end price.

BTW drove car today and no new water marks. Could have been winter shrinkage...have used that as an excuse my damn self!

SealGrauWailer
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by SealGrauWailer » Wed May 09, 2018 6:41 pm

Your message contains too few characters.
Attachments
996sssz.png
996sssz.png (330.24 KiB) Viewed 2951 times
03 c2 / imsS / drop links, spacers & sways / fisters, sport headers & plenum / console delete & 997 shifter

the artist formerly known as TonyTwoBags

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Wed May 09, 2018 9:03 pm

SealGrauWailer wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:41 pm Your message contains too few characters.
Have you done something to your exhaust to get such a tight gap with the bumper? I did my motor mounts a few months ago and new mounts improved the gap, but it's not that tight! Your gap is what I'm going for. I can't tell if your "overlapping ring" exhaust tips are stock or aftermarket, but I'm wondering if that has something to do with it...

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Thu May 10, 2018 5:48 am

SealGrauWailer wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:41 pm Your message contains too few characters.
Sawwweeet... bet that was a fun drive!

SealGrauWailer

Post by SealGrauWailer » Thu May 10, 2018 11:22 am

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:03 pm Have you done something to your exhaust to get such a tight gap with the bumper? I did my motor mounts a few months ago and new mounts improved the gap, but it's not that tight! Your gap is what I'm going for. I can't tell if your "overlapping ring" exhaust tips are stock or aftermarket, but I'm wondering if that has something to do with it...
The tips I have on are Schnell dual-style tips. I like the look a lot and they fit very snug against the bumper. There is some shedding of what seems like a clearcoat that's a little annoying, but it's easily brushed off. All told I'm happy with them.

https://schnellperformance.com/products ... ps-schnell
b3freak wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:48 amSawwweeet... bet that was a fun drive!
Yesss, if there's one thing I can brag about living in Utah, it's access to a great blend of empty mountain and desert roads. Braaaaaaaaaaaap :)
03 c2 / imsS / drop links, spacers & sways / fisters, sport headers & plenum / console delete & 997 shifter

the artist formerly known as TonyTwoBags

Spiegelei
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by Spiegelei » Tue May 22, 2018 6:53 am

Finally installed my Cup Wheel and snapped some pictures... still need to figure out that darn horn thing. I'll be using the air horn from the dinggy in the meantime :D
:: '03 996 C2 :: Daily Driven - Enjoyed Properly