CEL Flashed twice

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: CEL Flashed twice

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu May 17, 2018 6:45 am

b3freak wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:55 am
32wildbilly wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:08 am OIL? These things take OIL?
U gotta put on your deep bass southern sound and say it like a man... "Ullllllll" come on now... drop that jaw and pull out some lower redneck bass frequencies... and say it... "Uhhhhlllllllllllll" :lol:
Of interest is most Texans don't consider themselves Southerners. They are Texans, after all...the Chosen Ones. I was born there, lived there for ten years and after the family moved only been back approximately 3 times. We moved in 1960! No offense intended to TX just not where I want to be. However, still emotionally scarred from 5th grade teacher in Illinois trying to get me to say football correctly: "football...football...not futbawl...it's football!"
Never gonna make you cry...

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu May 17, 2018 8:35 am

Could also be something as benign as a plug that has reached end-of-life.

One of my passenger-side coil packs crapped out with similar symptoms. The car wasn't running noticeably rough, but once the coil packs were swapped out, I was surprised at how much better it ran.

At this point, there's probably no need to keep the adult diaper on...

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu May 17, 2018 9:42 am

5chn3ll wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:35 am Could also be something as benign as a plug that has reached end-of-life.

One of my passenger-side coil packs crapped out with similar symptoms. The car wasn't running noticeably rough, but once the coil packs were swapped out, I was surprised at how much better it ran.

/

Yeah, the Pampers came off after I saw the codes. Coils and plugs are going to be changed. 54k miles but a lot of years and my guess is still the originals. Will give me the chance to do engine mounts, air filter and that troublesome water connection that everyone complains about. Already have the parts was just procrastinating. Price of playing the game.

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by B3DAWG » Thu May 17, 2018 11:40 am

32wildbilly wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:42 am
5chn3ll wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:35 am Could also be something as benign as a plug that has reached end-of-life.

/

Yeah, the Pampers came off after I saw the codes. Coils and plugs are going to be changed. 54k miles but a lot of years and my guess is still the originals. Will give me the chance to do engine mounts, air filter and that troublesome water connection that everyone complains about. Already have the parts was just procrastinating. Price of playing the game.
Hey partner... u gunna change out dim culls 'n pluuugs urself? (tips hat)

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu May 17, 2018 11:59 am

b3freak wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:40 am
32wildbilly wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:42 am Yeah, the Pampers came off after I saw the codes. Coils and plugs are going to be changed. 54k miles but a lot of years and my guess is still the originals. Will give me the chance to do engine mounts, air filter and that troublesome water connection that everyone complains about. Already have the parts was just procrastinating. Price of playing the game.
Hey partner... u gunna change out dim culls 'n pluuugs urself? (tips hat)
I doubt it. I'm old and just changing the oil makes me sore for the whole next day. Advanced age sux but it beats the options! Probably let my Indi do it plus other thangs like break fluid flush with break pads check, renew drop links, full suspension check, p-test water system and whut udder crap I can think of tween now and den...Y'all.

EPiK
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by EPiK » Fri May 18, 2018 1:17 am

32wildbilly wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:59 am
b3freak wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:40 am Hey partner... u gunna change out dim culls 'n pluuugs urself? (tips hat)
I doubt it. I'm old and just changing the oil makes me sore for the whole next day. Advanced age sux but it beats the options! Probably let my Indi do it plus other thangs like break fluid flush with break pads check, renew drop links, full suspension check, p-test water system and whut udder crap I can think of tween now and den...Y'all.
did you do that on purpose? lol
1999 Carrera 2, factory ordered LSD, GT3 wannabe and daily driver
1988 944 NA/AT to MT/Turbo project.. future Outlaw
2003 G35 coupe 6mt GT35RS.. other daily driver
2013 Durango R/T package with a 6er

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri May 18, 2018 4:36 am

EPiK wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:17 am
32wildbilly wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:59 am I doubt it. I'm old and just changing the oil makes me sore for the whole next day. Advanced age sux but it beats the options! Probably let my Indi do it plus other thangs like break fluid flush with break pads check, renew drop links, full suspension check, p-test water system and whut udder crap I can think of tween now and den...Y'all.
did you do that on purpose? lol
Do whut on purpose? :roll:

808Bill
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by 808Bill » Fri May 18, 2018 8:44 am

sweet victory wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:14 pm I use organic coconut oil.
Bingo!
I'm running a special till the end of the month... :P
FSI-R40