Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

theprf
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by theprf » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:33 pm

gnat wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:17 am Hell. How many nerds today even know what "finger" does and when is the last time you ran it and actually got back useful information?
This lot also probably aren't aware that the rodent that Veronica is oriented towards was a Gopher.
I also remember needing to specify the mail gateway between different internets. I bet many have never even used a bang path.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:34 pm

Or redirected unwanted output streams to /dev/null...

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:35 pm

Or POKEd 15 into memory location 36878 to REALLY blast 8-bit Commodore tunes.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

sweet victory
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by sweet victory » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:10 pm

Finally got around to replacing the door latch mechanism, again. Highly highly highly recommend going with the updated part number, and not buying one off ebay or using the old part number. The new part number latch operates faaaar smoother and no more unlocking issues.

Joe, prior to changing the latch, the problem got worse for me. It started off needing 2 pulls, then 3 pulls, then 10 pulls, and when I went to change the latch, I was unsure if I was going to get the door open. You definitely want to change it sooner than later. Because of my muscle memory, I kept accidentally locking the dang thing. Also adding this pic to my guide as a heads up. If you do not secure this wire for the micro switch as shown, your window might rip out the micro switch when you roll down the window.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:30 pm

GWIT996F
Addict
Rennlist Member

I thought FRUNK was just joking! Apparently not...Impressed I am!
Fred-Savage-Hell-Yes.gif
Fred-Savage-Hell-Yes.gif (1.55 MiB) Viewed 2335 times
Never gonna make you cry...

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:40 am

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:30 pm GWIT996F
Addict
Rennlist Member

I thought FRUNK was just joking! Apparently not...Impressed I am!
Fred-Savage-Hell-Yes.gif
I wondered how he pulled that off? I'm assuming you have to submit a request to get a user name change, huh?

DBJoe996

Post by DBJoe996 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:16 am

sweet victory wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:10 pm Finally got around to replacing the door latch mechanism, again. Highly highly highly recommend going with the updated part number, and not buying one off ebay or using the old part number. The new part number latch operates faaaar smoother and no more unlocking issues.

Joe, prior to changing the latch, the problem got worse for me. It started off needing 2 pulls, then 3 pulls, then 10 pulls, and when I went to change the latch, I was unsure if I was going to get the door open. You definitely want to change it sooner than later. Because of my muscle memory, I kept accidentally locking the dang thing. Also adding this pic to my guide as a heads up. If you do not secure this wire for the micro switch as shown, your window might rip out the micro switch when you roll down the window.

Thanks for the update and suggestions. Guess I'm going to have to start thinking about replacing the door latch. Funny, because it was doing it and now it has stopped. Single unlock and single pull, opens right up. But mechanical things tend to get worse, not fix themselves. What do you figure is the amount of time it takes to replace the latch? I know you have been there multiple times so probably much quicker, but was just wondering. I've done my window regulators, so I know all about that.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:23 am

b3freak wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:40 am I wondered how he pulled that off? I'm assuming you have to submit a request to get a user name change, huh?
I believe the request goes to the IB admins rather than the mods. They are less likely to get the reference and/or care. Doesn't mean that a mod can't take exception and ban him for it though...

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Post by FRUNKenstein » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:58 am

Yeah, it went through an admin, who I am quite certain doesn't give a crap. Since I just stay in the Turbro forum and really don't post all that much in there, I doubt neither Hacker, Gretch or il pirata ever see any of my posts. Frankly, I think il pirata (the one who actually banned me for simply mentioning the Good Week thread in an Off Topic forum post) has any real clue why Hacker had him ban me. I think Hacker just told him to ban me and he did it.

At some point in the next few months (probably on the one year anniversary of the Good Week's abyssment), I plan to add Hacker's final post (the one about high school cliques) in the Good Week thread to my signature as a quote. Which begs the question: "Can I get banned for something a mod posted?"
Last edited by gnat on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: be nice even if they aren't
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:18 am

FRUNKenstein wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:58 am Yeah, it went through an admin, who I am quite certain doesn't give a crap. Since I just stay in the Turbro forum and really don't post all that much in there, I doubt neither Hacker, Gretch or il pirata ever see any of my posts. Frankly, I think il pirata (the one who actually banned me for simply mentioning the Good Week thread in an Off Topic forum post) has any real clue why Hacker had him ban me. I think Hacker just told him to ban me and he did it.

At some point in the next few months (probably on the one year anniversary of the Good Week's abyssment), I plan to add Hacker's final post (the one about high school cliques) in the Good Week thread to my signature as a quote. Which begs the question: "Can I get banned for something a mod posted?"
Get a screen grab when you do that, so it can be memorialized before you get deep sixed.
Last edited by gnat on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: cleaning up KC's quote
Never gonna make you cry...