What did you do to/with your 996 today?

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Re: What did you do to/with your 996 today?

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:09 pm

Ah, JESUS. Do NOT do a Google image search for "rub my tushy, Al."

I just Schell-rolled myself.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:42 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:09 pm Ah, JESUS. Do NOT do a Google image search for "rub my tushy, Al."

I just Schell-rolled myself.
Bout time you burned yourself.

Maybe we need to amend Rule #1.5 to be "Don't Google shit Schnelly thinks" so that it applies better for you.

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:47 pm

There was an episode of House where someone - Cuddy, maybe - realized that House filters what he says; the rude, hurtful, brutal things he says aloud are actually the few statements he feels acceptable/proper to verbalize.

Mrs. S. turned to me, pointed, and said "Holy crap, that's YOU!"

It was really nice to be appreciated.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:51 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:47 pm There was an episode of House where someone - Cuddy, maybe - realized that House filters what he says; the rude, hurtful, brutal things he says aloud are actually the few statements he felt acceptable/proper to verbalize.

Mrs. S. turned to me, pointed, and said "Holy crap, that's YOU!"

It was really nice to be appreciated.
Yeah other than the drug addiction I always felt House was more of a roll model than a cautionary tale :mrgreen:

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:50 pm

Fun fact: I apparently have a "multi-point mutation" on the C-terminal multi-opioid receptor that makes me almost immune to a number of narcotics. While I was being diagnosed, a pain management doc started working with different pain meds to see what worked and what my thresholds are. One day, I filled a prescription for 600 10mg hydrocodone tablets for an 8-week "does this shit work for you" test. The pharmacist nearly had a stroke.

I also went through liquid morphine, intranasal ketamine, Actiq lollipops, methadone, and transdermal Fentanyl patches. Nothing gets me high, and nothing helps with arthritis pain.

Where I'm going with this: House was a goddamn lightweight.
gnat wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:51 pm Yeah other than the drug addiction I always felt House was more of a roll model than a cautionary tale :mrgreen:

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:00 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:50 pm Fun fact: I apparently have a "multi-point mutation" on the C-terminal multi-opioid receptor that makes me almost immune to a number of narcotics. While I was being diagnosed, a pain management doc started working with different pain meds to see what worked and what my thresholds are. One day, I filled a prescription for 600 10mg hydrocodone tablets for an 8-week "does this shit work for you" test. The pharmacist nearly had a stroke.

I also went through liquid morphine, intranasal ketamine, Actiq lollipops, methadone, and transdermal Fentanyl patches. Nothing gets me high, and nothing helps with arthritis pain.

Where I'm going with this: House was a goddamn lightweight.
gnat wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:51 pm Yeah other than the drug addiction I always felt House was more of a roll model than a cautionary tale :mrgreen:
Lucky you. At some point I apparently stopped metabolizing opioids correctly. The result is that I OD one low doses for what I should be getting. Found that little factoid out after waking up from one of my routine defib runs through the ER. The problem, however, was that while I was awake I had absolutely no ability to move a muscle in my body and got the pleasure of watching my frantic wife get told by the cardiologist that I "was a cheap drunk" and laugh it off for a good 30 minutes until she finally got the ER doc to ignore his sorry ass. That dose of narcan was the sweetest thing in the world!

After lots of talking to doctors we finally figured out that I don't metabolize it correctly and ODed. I NEVER want to go through that again. How any addict that survives an OD can go back and try again is beyond me. That was over 10 years ago now and I still get cold shivers thinking about it...

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:59 pm

That blows.

One of the least fun experiments we tried was a naloxone (the generic name for Narcan and other overdose reversal medications) challenge after six weeks of massive doses of hydrocodone.

It turns out that even if you can't synthesize some parts of opiates, they can still affect the opioid receptors in the GI tract. The case of the shits you get when you go from having lethal concentrations of opiates in your blood to having none at all is difficult to describe without visual aids.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:25 pm

Sooooo was this experiment was under the care of a licensed medical professional or during band breaks?
5chn3ll wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:59 pm That blows.

One of the least fun experiments we tried was a naloxone (the generic name for Narcan and other overdose reversal medications) challenge after six weeks of massive doses of hydrocodone.

It turns out that even if you can't synthesize some parts of opiates, they can still affect the opioid receptors in the GI tract. The case of the shits you get when you go from having lethal concentrations of opiates in your blood to having none at all is difficult to describe without visual aids.
Never gonna make you cry...

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:25 pm

I further reduced its resale value. If my numbers are accurate, i would owe a buyer $217 if I decided to sell today.

20201105_111508.jpg

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Post by FRUNKenstein » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:16 am

5chn3ll wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:25 pm I further reduced its resale value. If my numbers are accurate, i would owe a buyer $217 if I decided to sell today.

20201105_111508.jpg
I double checked, and your math is correct.
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver