Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by gnat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:35 pm

You didn't did you b3? Please say no?

The "just call Jake" meme started that way.

Some moron gets a loan for a 996, then the engine (complete with LN bearing) blows, said idiot takes 401k money to get it running again, and for the cherry on top calls Jake to try to pin it on him even though Jake never saw said car in his life nor sold the bearing that was in it when it blew.

That thread was all kinds of stupid which of course included Martin having to throw his two cents in.

Sneaky Pete
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by Sneaky Pete » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:18 pm

gnat wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:35 pm You didn't did you b3? Please say no?

Some moron gets a loan for a 996, then the engine (complete with LN bearing) blows, said idiot takes 401k money to get it running again, and for the cherry on top calls Jake to try to pin it on him even though Jake never saw said car in his life nor sold the bearing that was in it when it blew.

That thread was all kinds of stupid which of course included Martin having to throw his two cents in.
Attachments
oh-my-god-not-again.jpg
oh-my-god-not-again.jpg (28.51 KiB) Viewed 3467 times
Pete

PCA Member and National DE Instructor
2005 997.1S 4.0......yeh it's not a 996...so what!
2017 Audi Q5 S-line
2012 Ram 3500 Deleted Diesel
1964 Spitfire Racecar
1973 Group 44 Spitfire Racecar

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Kalashnikov wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:33 pm There was a whole list of things I wrote on RL back in the day. KC probably has it framed somewhere.
Cool we'll wait for KC to tell us the real reason why you sold. In the meantime, it had something to do with being difficult to drive in the rain? Man, you know those desert roads get slick with oil buildup. We can go 4+ months without rain here and the motorcyclists drop like crazy when the first rain catches them off guard. It's like someone drove around town with a salt truck loaded up with Dawn dish soap.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:52 pm
Kalashnikov wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:33 pm There was a whole list of things I wrote on RL back in the day. KC probably has it framed somewhere.
Cool we'll wait for KC to tell us the real reason why you sold. In the meantime, it had something to do with being difficult to drive in the rain? Man, you know those desert roads get slick with oil buildup. We can go 4+ months without rain here and the motorcyclists drop like crazy when the first rain catches them off guard. It's like someone drove around town with a salt truck loaded up with Dawn dish soap.
The real reason for the unplanned dismounts are probably really due to them putting those stupid extended swing arms on the back wheel. I can't imagine that's going to help the handling characteristics.
Never gonna make you cry...

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Sneaky Pete wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:18 pm

harry-sally-600.jpg
harry-sally-600.jpg (72.45 KiB) Viewed 3448 times
YES-YES-YES!!!
Never gonna make you cry...

B3DAWG

Re: Just Call Jake meme

Post by B3DAWG » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:21 am

Oopppsss... I think I remember that thread. Boy, it had it's twists and turns huh? But nothing like the entertainment with Martin would join in the circus act. :P

B-ran

Post by B-ran » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:20 am

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:52 pm
I remember my first rain in San Diego and everyone drove like god had just started pouring a cosmic size bottle of KY on the roads... In other news the last few days it has been snowing a good amount in the land of beer and cheese and my lil ole 911 has doubled as a snow plow. The one nice thing about snow and a rear engined Porsche is bombing through unplowed subdivisions and messing around with some lift off oversteer. It’s good fun. The commute to work, however, is not. More like butt puckering terror. But I just turn it into a game I like to call “survival”.
99 C2 Aero that had its fried eggs surgically removed by a previous owner.

B-ran

Post by B-ran » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:21 am

What a doofus. Don’t you know you’re supposed to just use your kids college funds to get “the solution”? I’m still waiting for the “the final solution” which simply exterminates all other, inferior, IMS bearings.
99 C2 Aero that had its fried eggs surgically removed by a previous owner.

SealGrauWailer

Post by SealGrauWailer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:51 am

Who among us hasn't pressured a subordinate grandmother into an ongoing seshual relationship?

WHO AMONG US, I SAY!

https://nypost.com/2018/02/05/steve-wyn ... -it-feels/

the official 'want to touch the hiney' picture
03 c2 / imsS / drop links, spacers & sways / fisters, sport headers & plenum / console delete & 997 shifter

the artist formerly known as TonyTwoBags

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:25 am

Not trying to granny-shame, but if this happened in the 80's and she's 71 today, she was hardly a granny. #Make Grannies Old Again.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic