Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by gnat » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:02 am

5chn3ll wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:27 am When I was a kid - maybe 4 or 5 - and we still lived in PA, I remember one instance where my pop put the car in park, jumped out, ripped the wing mirror off the truck that honked at him, and started bashing his way through the windshield to get at the three steelworkers cowering inside. This was not a singular incident.
In my "would have been charged as a juvenile if it had gone that far" days I was driving my parent's 3/4 ton Chevy and some asshat wanted to go to the end of a "lane ends, merge right" spot and then force his way into the through lane. 30+ years later and that shit is my #1 pet peeve on the road and has been the impetus for multiple accidents I've been in (side note: their faces are always hilarious when the cop writes them the ticket :twisted: ). In this particular instance as traffic was barely moving dude jumps out of his car and wants to scare a kid and being a dumb kid in rage mode I too jumped out. Except I did so with the knife store katana I had just bought a few hours earlier. Probably would have broke if I hit him with it, but he did jump back in his car and yielded right away to me and the next few people behind me.

I'd like to say I'm not "proud" of that bit of history, but I wouldn't be entirely honest if I did so. I have not, however, carried another weapon into a traffic altercation though. So that's something I suppose...

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:14 am

gnat wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:02 am In my "would have been charged as a juvenile if it had gone that far" days I was driving my parent's 3/4 ton Chevy and some asshat wanted to go to the end of a "lane ends, merge right" spot and then force his way into the through lane. 30+ years later and that shit is my #1 pet peeve on the road and has been the impetus for multiple accidents I've been in (side note: their faces are always hilarious when the cop writes them the ticket :twisted: ). In this particular instance as traffic was barely moving dude jumps out of his car and wants to scare a kid and being a dumb kid in rage mode I too jumped out. Except I did so with the knife store katana I had just bought a few hours earlier. Probably would have broke if I hit him with it, but he did jump back in his car and yielded right away to me and the next few people behind me.

I'd like to say I'm not "proud" of that bit of history, but I wouldn't be entirely honest if I did so. I have not, however, carried another weapon into a traffic altercation though. So that's something I suppose...
DAAAMN! Dude jumps out on me with a freakin' Samurai sword even it is from Walmart I'm getting back in my vehicle post haste!!!
Never gonna make you cry...

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:09 pm

What up boys! I return!

Just spent a little more than a week single parenting while my wife took a class on water capture (that's a desert thing,) and low-water use garden architecture.

I made the decision to put my phone and devices in a drawer and just maximize my time with the boy. It was amazing - I really loved spending each morning fully engaged. Every day we just woke up and looked at each other and said "trampoline room?" "trampoline room."

Now I'm going to start reading backwards - BTW I love Billy's new avatar. I have a feeling he didn't' choose it. :lol: :lol:
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:24 pm

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:09 pm What up boys! I return!

Just spent a little more than a week single parenting while my wife took a class on water capture (that's a desert thing,) and low-water use garden architecture.

I made the decision to put my phone and devices in a drawer and just maximize my time with the boy. It was amazing - I really loved spending each morning fully engaged. Every day we just woke up and looked at each other and said "trampoline room?" "trampoline room."

Now I'm going to start reading backwards - BTW I love Billy's new avatar. I have a feeling he didn't' choose it. :lol: :lol:
Welcome back Strangerlove!

I didn't choose avatar but I like it and find it quite appropriate.

Water capture in the high desert? How do that work? Around here we just put rain barrels under our gutter downspouts cause we get rain.
Last edited by 32wildbilly on Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:32 pm

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:09 pm took a class on water capture (that's a desert thing,)
Your first names don't happen to be Beru and Owen right?

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:29 pm

gnat wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:32 pm
Dr_Strangelove (whew!) (whew!) wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:09 pm took a class on water capture (that's a desert thing,)
Your first names don't happen to be Beru and Owen right?
That's a "deep reference" right there I tell you.

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:41 pm

Gnat some days it feels like that.

I also love that for every level I get quoted I toot like a train :lol:
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:04 am

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:41 pm Gnat some days it feels like that.

Like The little Engine that Could or Thomas the Tank or this:

JayG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by JayG » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:04 am

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:04 am
Dr_Strangelove (whew!) (whew!) wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:41 pm Gnat some days it feels like that.

Like The little Engine that Could or Thomas the Tank or this:
that's my all-time favorite movie!
2004 Boxster S 6 speed - DRL relay hack, Polaris AutoTop DIY (sold)
2004 996 Targa Tip
2020 BMW X3 Xdrive, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:23 am

JayG wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:04 am
that's my all-time favorite movie!
[/quote]

Agree! Every time I watch it I still crack up!