Any F1 or WRC fans?

JohnIreland

Any F1 or WRC fans?

Post by JohnIreland » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:57 pm

I must say that I find the rally videos amazing...and the speeds for the conditions are equal to anything in F1...in my opinion. I'm enjoying my return to manual transmissions, but when I look at the latest WRC videos on YouTube I get caught up in how must faster you can go with the automated gear boxes. Yet the cars with PDK have so much I don't like about them. When I see the average WRC car wipe out I don't feel so bad, when the Porsches get totaled, it does make me cringe at the thought of the cost. One guy on YouTube specializes showing the in-car point of view. Those navigators are very brave.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Re: Any F1 or WRC fans?

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:02 pm

I am an F1 fan, but I haven't had a working DVR for months. I finally have my crap dialed in for the upcoming race...

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

JohnIreland

Post by JohnIreland » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:01 am

5chn3ll wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:02 pm I am an F1 fan, but I haven't had a working DVR for months. I finally have my crap dialed in for the upcoming race...
Portugal was the best race of the season...maybe even last season as well. A great track with lots of elevation changes...and no one has driven it in years. Getting the right set up was hard for everyone. This week end is only a two day event...Sat has 90 minutes of practice and then qualifying. Sunday the race. There is disagreement as to why the did this. I think they are trying it as a test for next year...making them all 2 day events.

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:25 am

Haven't missed an F1 race since 2000 when I attended Indianapolis in person to watch Schumi battle Mika. Hit me.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic