Anyone know much about 3d printers?

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Re: Anyone know much about 3d printers?

Post by gnat » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:35 pm

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:38 pm
gnat wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:23 pm I have been hearing good things about those for such things. In this case the work area is too small. There is also the non-smooth surface which is the root of all this mess.

Ah-ha. In that case, use this: https://www.amazon.com/Berryman-Chemtoo ... 829&sr=8-1

With this: https://www.amazon.com/3M-Disposable-Re ... NrPXRydWU=

(Unless you just use rubber bands :lol: )
Yeah there are plenty of things that I know will get it off, but then I have to make sure that all gets properly cleaned off so it doesn't harm the FEP or resin.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:17 pm

Ugh. Another response from them...
It is normal to have some leaking from the Resin while printing this can't be avoid but unlike water this will take longer. The tank is not water tight and there's no rubber sealing between the frame and the foil the only thing that is keeping this in place and tight is the Tank frame that you screw in.
Ya think that might be the whole god damn problem??? :? :roll:

It was much more long winded, but I've told them where to stick it as the community has solved the problem ourselves.

What ever happened to "you get what you pay for"?

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:59 pm

Customer no service. Glad you got it figured out.
gnat wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:17 pm Ugh. Another response from them...
It is normal to have some leaking from the Resin while printing this can't be avoid but unlike water this will take longer. The tank is not water tight and there's no rubber sealing between the frame and the foil the only thing that is keeping this in place and tight is the Tank frame that you screw in.
Ya think that might be the whole god damn problem??? :? :roll:

It was much more long winded, but I've told them where to stick it as the community has solved the problem ourselves.

What ever happened to "you get what you pay for"?
Never gonna make you cry...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:02 am

At 60 hours with no sign of leaking I called the rubber band test successful. So I dried out the tank and the printer is actually printing something for the first time in 2 weeks...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:11 pm

Finally wrote up my ordeal Prusa and posted it in a place Joseph Prusa is known to read.

https://www.reddit.com/r/prusa3d/commen ... any_longer

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:38 pm

Crap! Never mind what I said about LG!
gnat wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:11 pm Finally wrote up my ordeal Prusa and posted it in a place Joseph Prusa is known to read.

https://www.reddit.com/r/prusa3d/commen ... any_longer

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:44 am

Good lord. With much trepidation about being pissed off the rest of the day I opened an unprompted email from Prusa support this morning. They now acknowledge that I'm not the only one having this problem and say their developers are looking into possible redesign options for the tank. Glad to know they didn't really blow me off like it last sounded.

In the meantime the o-ring option has been working well and I got through my backlog of stuff I was trying to get printed.

Now it's sitting idle because I've run out of stuff to print with it... (well... more like I need to catch up with a pile of painting...).
PXL_20201125_153930602.MP.jpg

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:26 am

HOLY CRAP! That is a lot of stuff. So dropping a dime on Mr. Prusa might have paid off? Maybe you could sell them the rights to your fix? 8-)
gnat wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:44 am Good lord. With much trepidation about being pissed off the rest of the day I opened an unprompted email from Prusa support this morning. They now acknowledge that I'm not the only one having this problem and say their developers are looking into possible redesign options for the tank. Glad to know they didn't really blow me off like it last sounded.

In the meantime the o-ring option has been working well and I got through my backlog of stuff I was trying to get printed.

Now it's sitting idle because I've run out of stuff to print with it... (well... more like I need to catch up with a pile of painting...).
PXL_20201125_153930602.MP.jpg

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:35 am

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:26 am HOLY CRAP! That is a lot of stuff. So dropping a dime on Mr. Prusa might have paid off? Maybe you could sell them the rights to your fix? 8-)
That's only about 130ish hours give or take worth of print time. When you through in the cleaning and curing and then prepping for paint it will probably be in the 170 range.

I don't know that my reddit post had anything to do with it. It was generally not well received...

It's not my fix, I was just a willing alpha/beta tester ;)

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:40 pm

Dang what tabletop game did you print those for?
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic