Drones, quadcopters, and FPV flight

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: Drones, quadcopters, and FPV flight

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:41 am

Uh-Oh!

"This week, the Senate passed the FAA Reauthorization Act, which, among other things, renews funding for the Federal Aviation Administration and introduces new rules for airports and aircraft. But the bill, which now just needs to be signed by the president, also addresses drones. And while parts of the bill extend some aspects of drone use -- such as promoting drone package delivery and drone testing -- it also gives the federal government power to take down a private drone if it's seen as a "credible threat.

The bill says that when a "credible threat" is posed by a drone to a "covered facility or asset," the federal government can "disrupt control" of that device, "seize or exercise control" of it, confiscate it or "use reasonable force, if necessary, to disable, damage or destroy the unmanned aircraft system." In the bill, "credible threat" is left undefined."

Is "too loud" a credible threat?
Never gonna make you cry...

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:24 pm

"Credible threat" would be the use of the drone in counter-surveillance to watch for the Feds, I assume. In English, that means that they're asking for permission - presumably with no oversight or warrant requirements - to be able to interfere with the command-and-control means for controlling drones - which is disturbingly broad since drones use a wide range of technologies and frequencies for control as well as video transmission. Since both of MY drones can also fly entirely autonomously to any number of preprogrammed waypoints using only GPS telemetry data, are we also giving the Feds free rein to do the same thing the entire maritime world is freaking out about when the NorKors and Russians do it (https://www.newscientist.com/article/21 ... berweapon/)?

All of the following could be under the blanket of "disrupting control" of a drone:
* Internet connectivity
* Electricity
* Cell coverage
* Wi-fi/non-cellular wireless internet
* GPS reception (disruption or location spoofing - if you can make the drone think it's not where it's supposed to be, and make it think your van IS the place it's supposed to be, it'll go to your van)
* All wireless frequencies that can/could be used for radio control, other forms of remote control, wireless video and audio

I'm sure a federal judge will interpret this to mean that hacking/rootkitting any computers, phones, tablets, etc. used in the control of, flight planning for, or the data stream associated with any drone as well.

I'm sure the Ministry of Speech will come up with a nice eulogy for me.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

Kalashnikov
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by Kalashnikov » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:34 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:41 am Uh-Oh!

"This week, the Senate passed the FAA Reauthorization Act, which, among other things, renews funding for the Federal Aviation Administration and introduces new rules for airports and aircraft. But the bill, which now just needs to be signed by the president, also addresses drones. And while parts of the bill extend some aspects of drone use -- such as promoting drone package delivery and drone testing -- it also gives the federal government power to take down a private drone if it's seen as a "credible threat.

The bill says that when a "credible threat" is posed by a drone to a "covered facility or asset," the federal government can "disrupt control" of that device, "seize or exercise control" of it, confiscate it or "use reasonable force, if necessary, to disable, damage or destroy the unmanned aircraft system." In the bill, "credible threat" is left undefined."

Is "too loud" a credible threat?
Kind of like "Attempted Sexual Assault". Is grab ass an ASA, is drunk kiss an ASA, is accidental boob graze an ASA? 😂

If they are, then let me come out before you and say that pound me too. I've been sexually assaulted by multiple females. One senior female coworker have traumatized me for life by attempting to perform fellatio on me during the house party with multiple Co workers present. I had to push her away from my manly parts, and zip my pants back up. I can never recover from this. I have multiple witnesses too.

One date started kissing me in the street, just out of the blue after 5 minutes of talking. She then asked me to choke her and bite her... All on the first date. I am traumatized. As I was driving she took my right hand off the shifter and put it in her thigh area and held it there. I was in fear and could not operate my Mercedes safely.
Last edited by Kalashnikov on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Post by FRUNKenstein » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:48 pm

Kalashnikov wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:34 pm As I was driving she took my right hand off the shifter and put it in her thigh area and held it there. I was in fear and could not operate my Mercedes safely.
Go on . . .

giphy.gif
giphy.gif (3.03 MiB) Viewed 2869 times
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver

Kalashnikov

Post by Kalashnikov » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:57 pm

FRUNKenstein wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:48 pm
Kalashnikov wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:34 pm As I was driving she took my right hand off the shifter and put it in her thigh area and held it there. I was in fear and could not operate my Mercedes safely.
Go on . . .

giphy.gif
You are a sexist masogynist! How can you not take my trauma seriously?! I am telling you of two real instances, I am willing to take polygraph to prove that I am telling 100% truth. I have the exact dates, times, and locations too.

Second instance happened on Sunday, August 21st, 2016. First she sexually assaulted me when we exited Slices Pizza Joint on E 6th St and Mill Ave in Tempe. Then she continued her sexual assault in Starters Sports Bar & Grill and Tempe, repeatedly kissing me and touching me as we watched Bristol Nascar Race. She bought pitcher of beer and started talking marriage and saying I must kiss her every time I leave her side. I was horrified.

As we left, she proceeded to sexually assault me on the way to Delux bar on 32nd st and Camelback. She lived in the condo complex on 32nd St right behind the bar. When I parked at the complex she proceed to assault me in the back seat of my Mercedes... I am traumatized. Please have this woman arrested.
Last edited by Kalashnikov on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:30 pm

I think you might be misinterpreting counsel's somewhat...prurient...exploration into your allegations...

Also, because they have more lawyers, Rennlist (dammit) might want to represent you. Be sure to check widdim.

Kalashnikov

Post by Kalashnikov » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:35 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:30 pm I think you might be misinterpreting counsel's somewhat...prurient...interests in your allegations...
I am telling 100% truth about the woman's in question actions. They can be corraborated.... By her mother out of all people. As female in question called her mother when were at the Starter Sports Bar and Grill and handed me the phone. Her mother told me to run.

All BS aside. I am telling a real story of a date with a BPD woman who was obsessed with me. Why am I not getting any sympathy here? What's with the double standard?

She was a colleague from my industry. She invited me to go out on Sunday to watch Nascar, as she knew I liked cars. I assumed it would be a business lunch as her company was trying to get business from mine, as she said the first time we met. She paid for all food and drinks. How is this any different from female sexual assault allegations?
Last edited by Kalashnikov on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:38 pm

So what you're saying is that this didn't actually happen, but hypothetically it could. Gotcha. :mrgreen:

I understand that you may be confused about what happened, but this is a very sensitive time for young women in America. Somebody could accuse them of something and they're automatically guilty.

Kalashnikov

Post by Kalashnikov » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:40 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:38 pm So what you're saying is that this didn't actually happen, but hypothetically it could. Gotcha. :mrgreen:
No, this 100% happened and I am telling you the real events. I am willing to take a poligraph test and you can request the surveillance footage from every institution in question.

I demand a fair hearing and investigation. I was severely traumatized by the experience and had to sell my Mercedes as the result of that. I could never drive it knowing what happened in the back seat.

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:43 pm

The harsh and unfair treatment of that young woman is having an incredible impact on voters. It's crucial that we not besmirch her otherwise impeccable record with these totally uncorroborated allegations!

(Incidentally, I'm not being truculent; I'm paraphrasing Trump tweets to add a counterpoint to your point. The whole thing is a rinse-and-repeat shitshow)