Computer dudes and Gamers advice needed

User avatar
32wildbilly
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Kneebraska

Computer dudes and Gamers advice needed

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:03 am

Soon to be 9 yo GC is jonesin for Mind Craft. Is this safe? Addictive? Any advice is appreciated.
"Thoughts and Prayers"

User avatar
gnat
Robot Taskmaster
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:54 am
Location: If you knew, you'd move

Re: Computer dudes and Gamers advice needed

Post by gnat » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:07 am

I let my 7yr old play, though I don't let him interact with other players which is where problems can arise. Still it doesn't seem to as infested with predators and assholes as Roblox is.

User avatar
DTMiller
"Special"
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:50 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Computer dudes and Gamers advice needed

Post by DTMiller » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:35 am

Minecraft?

Or some other game your addled ass brain came up with?

Minecraft is fine.
2002 Guards Red Targa, Fister exhaust, H&R Sport Springs, semisolid motor mounts
1997 MX-5 track car
Friday at the Track, Chin Trackdays, SCCA WDCR Novice Classroom Instructor, SCDA, Audi Club Potomac, TrackDaze HPDE Instructor
June 16, 2017 Funland GoKart Champion (6:13 p.m. main event)
Willing to risk life for track time

User avatar
32wildbilly
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Kneebraska

Re: Computer dudes and Gamers advice needed

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:40 am

gnat wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:07 am
I let my 7yr old play, though I don't let him interact with other players which is where problems can arise. Still it doesn't seem to as infested with predators and assholes as Roblox is.
Thanks. Mr. Creeper was one of our main concerns. So you can block the kid from communicating with other players?
"Thoughts and Prayers"

User avatar
gnat
Robot Taskmaster
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:54 am
Location: If you knew, you'd move

Re: Computer dudes and Gamers advice needed

Post by gnat » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:55 am

32wildbilly wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:40 am
gnat wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:07 am
I let my 7yr old play, though I don't let him interact with other players which is where problems can arise. Still it doesn't seem to as infested with predators and assholes as Roblox is.
Thanks. Mr. Creeper was one of our main concerns. So you can block the kid from communicating with other players?
You mean these Creepers?
Image

I don't know about blocking chat. We just have a good kid that (so far) listens when we tell him not to go into certain areas of games. I dread the coming years when such trust won't likely exist :(

User avatar
32wildbilly
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Kneebraska

Re: Computer dudes and Gamers advice needed

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:07 am

gnat wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:55 am
32wildbilly wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:40 am


Thanks. Mr. Creeper was one of our main concerns. So you can block the kid from communicating with other players?
You mean these Creepers?
Image

I don't know about blocking chat. We just have a good kid that (so far) listens when we tell him not to go into certain areas of games. I dread the coming years when such trust won't likely exist :(
Does he play on a computer, phone, iPad or something like Nintendo Switch?

...and no not those Creepers!
"Thoughts and Prayers"

User avatar
gnat
Robot Taskmaster
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:54 am
Location: If you knew, you'd move

Re: Computer dudes and Gamers advice needed

Post by gnat » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:09 am

He plays on his iPad.

User avatar
32wildbilly
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Kneebraska

Re: Computer dudes and Gamers advice needed

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:36 am

gnat wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:09 am
He plays on his iPad.
Appreciate the info.
"Thoughts and Prayers"

User avatar
32wildbilly
OG (First 100 Outposters!)
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Kneebraska

Re: Computer dudes and Gamers advice needed

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:53 am

DTMiller wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:35 am
Minecraft?

Or some other game your addled ass brain came up with?

Minecraft is fine.
Sorry fat fingered it. D is pretty close To E on a keyboard and I neglected to use the preview function. :|
"Thoughts and Prayers"

User avatar
5chn3ll
f**kstick w/ root access
Posts: 2483
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Re: Computer dudes and Gamers advice needed

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:26 am

Better than forkknife...

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

"Reading tire date codes is for p*****s."
-P. Walker


Post Reply