Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:19 am

5chn3ll wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:13 am My pop's guide to merging into traffic: "If you get tired of waiting, pull out in front of the most expensive car you see."

My pop's guide to learning stick: "If you blow up the clutch, you'll be walking everywhere until I die."
Sounds vaguely familiar. My Dad said "Oh, the clutch went out? Now go change it." He did ask: "How did that happen?" My response: "I dunno. It just happened." He shot me a sideways glance with a "Yeah right!". A year later with a different car after I blew the second gear in half the conversation went about the same way. However, I did learn about clutches and the insides of manual transmissions. BTW he did help me, so there is that.
Never gonna make you cry...

Spiegelei
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by Spiegelei » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:25 am

Sitting across the street yesterday drinking a beer watching the world cup I noticed a leg peeking from behind my car.. a well dressed middle aged man stands up looking to be checking out my tires or something, maybe planting a tracking device who knows. He was intensely looking around the car for a while going from front, to back, to front again... Proved more entertaining to watch than what was on the tv. Isn't checking out 15 year olds considered illegal these days?

:: '03 996 C2 :: Daily Driven - Enjoyed Properly

808Bill

Post by 808Bill » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:45 am

Lol, Pops taught me how to get away from the cops at night, use the hand break and don't touch the foot brake he demonstrated...Never had to use this technique though. He was quite dysfunctional as a father looking back at life :lol:
FSI-R40

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by B3DAWG » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:55 am

Spiegelei wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:25 am Sitting across the street yesterday drinking a beer watching the world cup I noticed a leg peeking from behind my car.. a well dressed middle aged man stands up looking to be checking out my tires or something, maybe planting a tracking device who knows. He was intensely looking around the car for a while going from front, to back, to front again... Proved more entertaining to watch than what was on the tv. Isn't checking out 15 year olds considered illegal these days?

Those wheels are mesmerizing! That is, they really make the car look very aggressive- nice!

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:13 am

b3freak wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:55 am
Spiegelei wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:25 am Sitting across the street yesterday drinking a beer watching the world cup I noticed a leg peeking from behind my car.. a well dressed middle aged man stands up looking to be checking out my tires or something, maybe planting a tracking device who knows. He was intensely looking around the car for a while going from front, to back, to front again... Proved more entertaining to watch than what was on the tv. Isn't checking out 15 year olds considered illegal these days?
Those wheels are mesmerizing! That is, they really make the car look very aggressive- nice!
Yeah those are nice wheels. Last time I saw something similar was at work years ago when I caught one of my employees squatting beside my 1989 Honda LXI. He claimed he was checking out the tires because he was a pylon racer(whatever). He was actually keying my car! Did I mention he became an ex-employee.

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by B3DAWG » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:56 am

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:13 am
b3freak wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:55 am

Yeah those are nice wheels. Last time I saw something similar was at work years ago when I caught one of my employees squatting beside my 1989 Honda LXI. He claimed he was checking out the tires because he was a pylon racer(whatever). He was actually keying my car! Did I mention he became an ex-employee.
Oh my lawd, really? Keying? That’s such a high-schoolish cowardly thing to do! Never understood the reasoning behind taking out one’s frustrations on another man’s car. I’m like ... man up and handle it face-to-face!

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:11 am

b3freak wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:56 am
32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:13 am

Oh my lawd, really? Keying? That’s such a high-schoolish cowardly thing to do! Never understood the reasoning behind taking out one’s frustrations on another man’s car. I’m like ... man up and handle it face-to-face!
This guy was a piece of work. 6'4" hair to his shoulders. Walked around with a constant scowl. His personalized license plate was "666". Get the picture? He was swept up in a Federal Drug investigation, flipped and testified against the others and got fired for that before I could get him for the keying. I was the Shop Supt. so I think he was afraid I would fire him if he confronted me, ergo the key. Deal was he wasn't in trouble prior to all this and I was not messing with him. Can you say "chip on shoulder."? Of course you can...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:44 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:11 amand I was not messing with him. Can you say "chip on shoulder."? Of course you can...
Yeah sure you weren't! Being a privileged old white guy you simply didn't notice the constant stream of micro-aggressions that you directed at his under-privileged wannabe Satanist self. You clearly haven't learned your lesson!

KoB

Post by KoB » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:35 pm

He was probably just trying to figure out what “235” meant.

Reminds me of the guy jumping up and down in the manhole cover, yelling “64, 64, 64!”

Bystander walks up and asks him what he’s doing.

He says, “I’m jumping up and down and saying, ‘64.’ It relieves stress and makes me feel better.”

So the bystander says, “Hey, let me try that.” He gets on the manhole cover, starts jumping up and down, and yelling “64” at the top of his lungs.

Just as the bystander launches an epic leap, the first guy reaches down and pulls away the manhole cover.

Then he replaces it and starts jumping up and down again.

Yelling “65, 65, 65!”
2000 Cabriolet-vertible, Paladio Pearl (Mirage) Metallic
1986 944, Zermatt Silver, AKA Der HooptieWagen

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:59 pm

gnat wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:44 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:11 amand I was not messing with him. Can you say "chip on shoulder."? Of course you can...
Yeah sure you weren't! Being a privileged old white guy you simply didn't notice the constant stream of micro-aggressions that you directed at his under-privileged wannabe Satanist self. You clearly haven't learned your lesson!
"Privileged": Perhaps
"Old": We were about the same age late 30's-early 40''s
"Micro-aggressions": ABSOLUTELY! That's what I got paid to do! If you mean being responsible for holding people accountable to properly perform their assigned tasks.
"Haven't learned": Nope and proud of it.
A funny thing was part of a letter one of his previous co-workers wrote from prison which read in part: "Tell (name) we miss him and wish he was here."