Car Smogging Clusterf*ck...

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Re: Car Smogging Clusterf*ck...

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:10 pm

See, that's the rub. I'm on board with doing my part. My 996 runs VERY clean; even with the 200 cell cats, it's probably in the bottom 5 percent of polluters.

There is NO exception for gasoline vehicles to be exempted from smog testing aside from the pre-1976 exemption. However, ALL diesel cars and trucks built before 1998 are exempt. There are no exemptions for 40-year-old antique cars, but if you want to leave mile-long clouds of soot up and down the freeway behind your $500 90's-vintage 3-ton crew-cab super-duty diesel pickup, complete with the pair of "I have a tiny dick" stacks bolted to the back of the cab to really get the ladies fired up, you're free to do so.

Protecting the environment is great...but a fair amount of what CARB does is bullshit, not environmentalism.
32wildbilly wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:42 am I'm a big tree hugger and proud of it, but all that smog testing seems kind of scammy in my opinion. Similar to the condition inspections. I had the Z smogged when we lived in Chicago suburbs before retirement and the idiot almost burned it up. It's a 1993 so they actually dyno'd it. Put the big fan in front but wouldn't tilt down low enough so all the air went over the hood. He was a dumb-ass.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:25 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:10 pm See, that's the rub. I'm on board with doing my part. My 996 runs VERY clean; even with the 200 cell cats, it's probably in the bottom 5 percent of polluters.

There is NO exception for gasoline vehicles to be exempted from smog testing aside from the pre-1976 exemption. However, ALL diesel cars and trucks built before 1998 are exempt. There are no exemptions for 40-year-old antique cars, but if you want to leave mile-long clouds of soot up and down the freeway behind your $500 90's-vintage 3-ton crew-cab super-duty diesel pickup, complete with the pair of "I have a tiny dick" stacks bolted to the back of the cab to really get the ladies fired up, you're free to do so.

Protecting the environment is great...but what CARB does is bullshit, not environmentalism.
32wildbilly wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:42 am I'm a big tree hugger and proud of it, but all that smog testing seems kind of scammy in my opinion. Similar to the condition inspections. I had the Z smogged when we lived in Chicago suburbs before retirement and the idiot almost burned it up. It's a 1993 so they actually dyno'd it. Put the big fan in front but wouldn't tilt down low enough so all the air went over the hood. He was a dumb-ass.
I'm with you. What about Semi's from out of state? How about diesel locomotive(ask me how I know) that don't "live" in California? Much less the exempted vehicles you mention.
Never gonna make you cry...

DTMiller
"Special"

Post by DTMiller » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 pm

Or any single cargo ship.
2002 Guards Red Targa, Fister exhaust, H&R Sport Springs, semisolid motor mounts
1997 MX-5 track car
Friday at the Track, Chin Trackdays, SCCA WDCR Novice Classroom Instructor, SCDA, Audi Club Potomac, TrackDaze HPDE Instructor
June 16, 2017 Funland GoKart Champion (6:13 p.m. main event)
Willing to risk life for track time

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:49 pm

DTMiller wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 pm Or any single cargo ship.
I forgot about the ocean. S.D. has a Naval Base there! Not all those crafts are clean burning by any means.
Never gonna make you cry...

AnthonyS
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by AnthonyS » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:30 am

Kalashnikov wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:47 pm That's liberal bull shit cluster fuck for you. Keep voting D, and you will be taking D up yours. You got hordes of homeless zombies on the street, but hey... We need that smog testing done and more stringent laws passed.

I need to petition Trump to also build the wall in AZ's west border to keep the fleeing 🧟‍♂️ out. I am seeing way too many CA plates around town with mindless libs supping their soy tea.
Funny you say that, I keep telling my wife we need to wall off TX completely except maybe the Mexico side. Mexico isn’t our problem it’s all the D team lovers moving here from out of state. Why did they move here? Why are they trying to turn here into the craphole they left?

If you come to TX at least have the decency to leave your failed politics behind too.